Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mavs
Description: mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein
Alias: wu:fj20d04, zgc:158392, mitochondrial antiviral-signaling protein
- Liu X, Cai X, Zhang D, Xu C, Xiao W. Zebrafish foxo3b Negatively Regulates Antiviral Response through Suppressing the Transactivity of irf3 and irf7. J Immunol. 2016;197:4736-4749 pubmed..Our findings suggest that by suppressing irf3/irf7 activity, zebrafish foxo3b negatively regulates the antiviral response, implicating the vital role of the FOXO gene family in innate immunity. ..
- Li S, Lu L, LaPatra S, Chen D, Zhang Y. Zebrafish STAT6 negatively regulates IFNÏ†1 production by attenuating the kinase activity of TANK-binding kinase 1. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;67:189-201 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that fish STAT6 can attenuate the kinase activity of TBK1, leading to suppression of IFNÏ†1 expression which may in turn facilitate virus replication. ..
- Lu L, Li S, Lu X, LaPatra S, Zhang N, Zhang X, et al. Spring Viremia of Carp Virus N Protein Suppresses Fish IFN?1 Production by Targeting the Mitochondrial Antiviral Signaling Protein. J Immunol. 2016;196:3744-53 pubmed publisher..of spring viremia of carp virus (SVCV) inhibits zebrafish IFN?1 production by degrading the mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein (MAVS)...
- Xiong R, Nie L, Xiang L, Shao J. Characterization of a PIAS4 homologue from zebrafish: insights into its conserved negative regulatory mechanism in the TRIF, MAVS, and IFN signaling pathways during vertebrate evolution. J Immunol. 2012;188:2653-68 pubmed publisher..critical negative regulator of the TIR domain-containing adapter inducing IFN-?, mitochondrial antiviral signaling (MAVS), and IFN signaling pathways, and it is the first PIAS protein that plays a role in the MAVS-mediated pathway to be ..
- Ge R, Zhou Y, Peng R, Wang R, Li M, Zhang Y, et al. Conservation of the STING-Mediated Cytosolic DNA Sensing Pathway in Zebrafish. J Virol. 2015;89:7696-706 pubmed publisher..This proof-of-concept study indicates that the zebrafish represents an amenable model for the investigation of cytosolic DNA sensing mechanisms. ..
- Li S, Lu L, Wang Z, Chen D, Zhang Y. Fish IRF6 is a positive regulator of IFN expression and involved in both of the MyD88 and TBK1 pathways. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:262-268 pubmed publisher..In addition, overexpression of IRF6 activated the transcription of isg15, rig-i and mavs of host cells; meanwhile, the transcripts of p, m and n genes of SVCV were significantly declined in IRF6-..
- Biacchesi S, Merour E, Lamoureux A, Bernard J, Bremont M. Both STING and MAVS fish orthologs contribute to the induction of interferon mediated by RIG-I. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47737 pubmed publisher..RNA sensors, RIG-I-like receptors (RLRs), and their mitochondrial adaptor: the mitochondrial antiviral signaling (MAVS) protein, also called IPS-1, highlight their important role in the induction of IFN at the early stage of a virus ..
- Jia P, Jin Y, Chen L, Zhang J, Jia K, Yi M. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein gene in sea perch, Lateolabrax japonicus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;55:188-93 pubmed publisherThe mitochondrial antiviral signaling protein (MAVS) is vital for host defenses against viral infection by inducing expression of type I interferon. Here, the MAVS of sea perch (Lateolabrax japonicus) (LjMAVS) was cloned and analyzed...
- Lu L, Li S, Lu X, Zhang Y. Functions of the two zebrafish MAVS variants are opposite in the induction of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:574-82 pubmed publisher..In this study, we reported that the splicing variant of wildtype MAVS (MAVS_tv1), MAVS_tv2, negatively regulated IRF7-mediated IFN production...