Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: masterblind
Description: axin 1
Alias: wu:fi22e03, wu:fj14c08, wu:fk11b03, zgc:109872, axin-1, axis inhibition protein 1, masterblind, mbl
- Wang H, Kesinger J, Zhou Q, Wren J, Martin G, Turner S, et al. Identification and characterization of zebrafish ocular formation genes. Genome. 2008;51:222-35 pubmed publisher..in situ hybridization analyses to identify and characterize differentially expressed ocular genes in eyeless masterblind (mbl-/-) zebrafish (Danio rerio)...
- Peng G, Westerfield M. Lhx5 promotes forebrain development and activates transcription of secreted Wnt antagonists. Development. 2006;133:3191-200 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Lhx5 is a required factor that promotes forebrain development and inhibits Wnt signaling by activating the transcription of secreted Wnt antagonists. ..
- Shimizu T, Yamanaka Y, Nojima H, Yabe T, Hibi M, Hirano T. A novel repressor-type homeobox gene, ved, is involved in dharma/bozozok-mediated dorsal organizer formation in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2002;118:125-38 pubmed..These results suggest that ved is a target for the repressor Dha/Boz. Ved functions redundantly with vox/vega1 and vent/vega2 to restrict the organizer domain. ..
- Jiang Y, Luo W, Howe P. Dab2 stabilizes Axin and attenuates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling by preventing protein phosphatase 1 (PP1)-Axin interactions. Oncogene. 2009;28:2999-3007 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Dab2 stabilizes Axin and attenuates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling by preventing PP1 from binding Axin. ..
- Wang X, Kopinke D, Lin J, McPherson A, Duncan R, Otsuna H, et al. Wnt signaling regulates postembryonic hypothalamic progenitor differentiation. Dev Cell. 2012;23:624-36 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the vertebrate hypothalamus as a model for Wnt-regulated postembryonic neural progenitor differentiation and defines specific roles for Wnt signaling in neurogenesis. ..
- Schneider P, Slusarski D, Houston D. Differential role of Axin RGS domain function in Wnt signaling during anteroposterior patterning and maternal axis formation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44096 pubmed publisher..We tested these ideas using an axin1 genetic mutant (masterblind) and antisense oligo knockdowns in developing zebrafish and Xenopus embryos...
- Caron A, Xu X, Lin X. Wnt/?-catenin signaling directly regulates Foxj1 expression and ciliogenesis in zebrafish Kupffer's vesicle. Development. 2012;139:514-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results also prompt a hypothesis that certain developmental effects of the Wnt/?-catenin pathway are due to the activation of Foxj1 and cilia formation...
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..Our functional analysis data indicated that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for swimbladder early development and we also provided evidence for the crosstalk between Wnt and Hh signaling in early swimbladder development. ..
- Valenti F, Ibetti J, Komiya Y, Baxter M, Lucchese A, Derstine L, et al. The increase in maternal expression of axin1 and axin2 contribute to the zebrafish mutant ichabod ventralized phenotype. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:418-30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present evidence that Î²-catenin1 cannot revert the ich phenotype because it may be under the control of a GSK3Î²-independent mechanism that required Axin's RGS domain function. ..
- Toyama R, Chen X, Jhawar N, Aamar E, Epstein J, Reany N, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish pineal gland. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1813-26 pubmed publisher..Among the multiple candidate genes suggested by these data, we note the identification of a tissue-specific form of the unc119 gene with a possible role in pineal development. ..
- Zancan I, Bellesso S, Costa R, Salvalaio M, Stroppiano M, Hammond C, et al. Glucocerebrosidase deficiency in zebrafish affects primary bone ossification through increased oxidative stress and reduced Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:1280-94 pubmed publisher..Our results support a novel model in which a primary defect in canonical Wnt signaling antecedes bone defects in type 1 GD. ..
- Goessling W, North T, Loewer S, Lord A, Lee S, Stoick Cooper C, et al. Genetic interaction of PGE2 and Wnt signaling regulates developmental specification of stem cells and regeneration. Cell. 2009;136:1136-47 pubmed publisher..Our work provides in vivo evidence that Wnt activation in stem cells requires PGE2, and suggests the PGE2/Wnt interaction is a master regulator of vertebrate regeneration and recovery. ..
- Van Raay T, Fortino N, Miller B, Ma H, Lau G, Li C, et al. Naked1 antagonizes Wnt signaling by preventing nuclear accumulation of ?-catenin. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18650 pubmed publisher..Given the conserved nature of Nkd1, our results shed light on the negative feedback regulation of Wnt signaling through the Nkd1-mediated negative control of nuclear accumulation of ?-catenin. ..
- zhan G, Sezgin E, Wehner D, Pfister A, K hl S, Kagermeier Schenk B, et al. Lypd6 enhances Wnt/?-catenin signaling by promoting Lrp6 phosphorylation in raft plasma membrane domains. Dev Cell. 2013;26:331-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lypd6 appears to control Lrp6 activation specifically in membrane rafts, which is essential for downstream signaling...
- Ota H, Fukuchi S. Sequence conservation of protein binding segments in intrinsically disordered regions. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:602-607 pubmed publisher..Moreover, many ProSs may remain to be identified, which may account for the heterogeneity of the sequence conservation of IDRs...
- Hagemann A, Kurz J, Kauffeld S, Chen Q, Reeves P, Weber S, et al. In vivo analysis of formation and endocytosis of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling complex in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3970-82 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ap2?2-mediated endocytosis is important to maintain Wnt/?-catenin signaling in vertebrates. ..
- Huysseune A, Soenens M, Elderweirdt F. Wnt signaling during tooth replacement in zebrafish (Danio rerio): pitfalls and perspectives. Front Physiol. 2014;5:386 pubmed publisher..These yielded disjunct results, yet none of them indicating enhanced tooth replacement. Thus, masterblind (mbl) mutants, defective in axin1, mimic overexpression of Wnt, but display a normally patterned dentition in ..
- Venero Galanternik M, Nikaido M, Yu Z, McKinney S, Piotrowski T. Localized Gene Induction by Infrared-Mediated Heat Shock. Zebrafish. 2016;13:537-540 pubmed..We use the migrating zebrafish sensory lateral line primordium as a model, because of its relative simplicity and experimental accessibility; however, this technique can be applied to any tissue in the zebrafish embryo. ..
- Hirata T, Yamanaka Y, Ryu S, Shimizu T, Yabe T, Hibi M, et al. Novel mix-family homeobox genes in zebrafish and their differential regulation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;271:603-9 pubmed..mtx1 expression was not regulated by either Wnt or Nodal signals. This is in complete contrast to the Nodal signal-dependent expression of mixer. These results indicate the complexity of the regulation of mix-type homeobox genes. ..
- Piloto S, Schilling T. Ovo1 links Wnt signaling with N-cadherin localization during neural crest migration. Development. 2010;137:1981-90 pubmed publisher..Similar processes probably occur in other cell types in which Wnt signaling promotes migration. ..
- Shiomi K, Uchida H, Keino Masu K, Masu M. Ccd1, a novel protein with a DIX domain, is a positive regulator in the Wnt signaling during zebrafish neural patterning. Curr Biol. 2003;13:73-7 pubmed..These results indicate that Ccd1 is a novel positive regulator in this Wnt signaling pathway during zebrafish neural patterning. ..
- Paik E, Mahony S, White R, Price E, DiBiase A, Dorjsuren B, et al. A Cdx4-Sall4 regulatory module controls the transition from mesoderm formation to embryonic hematopoiesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2013;1:425-36 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that auto- and cross-regulation of Cdx4 and Sall4 establish a stable molecular circuit in the mesoderm that facilitates the activation of the blood-specific program as development proceeds...
- Rui Y, Xu Z, Xiong B, Cao Y, Lin S, Zhang M, et al. A beta-catenin-independent dorsalization pathway activated by Axin/JNK signaling and antagonized by aida. Dev Cell. 2007;13:268-82 pubmed..We have thus identified a dorsalization pathway that is exerted by Axin/JNK signaling and its inhibitor Aida during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Kapsimali M, Caneparo L, Houart C, Wilson S. Inhibition of Wnt/Axin/beta-catenin pathway activity promotes ventral CNS midline tissue to adopt hypothalamic rather than floorplate identity. Development. 2004;131:5923-33 pubmed..We find that masterblind zebrafish embryos that carry a mutation in Axin1, an intracellular negative regulator of Wnt pathway activity, ..
- Carl M, Bianco I, Bajoghli B, Aghaallaei N, Czerny T, Wilson S. Wnt/Axin1/beta-catenin signaling regulates asymmetric nodal activation, elaboration, and concordance of CNS asymmetries. Neuron. 2007;55:393-405 pubmed..We identify a second role for the Wnt pathway in the left/right regulation of LPM Nodal pathway gene expression, and finally, we show that at later stages Axin1 is required for the elaboration of concordant neuroanatomical asymmetries. ..