Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mapk8b
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase 8b
Alias: JNK, JNK1, jnk1a-1, mapk8, zgc:112379, mitogen-activated protein kinase 8, MAP kinase 8, MAPK 8, c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1, stress-activated protein kinase JNK1
- Yang S, Liu S, Ren Z, Jiao X, Qin S. Induction of oxidative stress and related transcriptional effects of perfluorononanoic acid using an in vivo assessment. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014;160:60-5 pubmed publisher..The expression of p53, apoptosis-inducing factor (AIF) and c-Jun NH (2)-terminal kinase (JNK) was partially increased, while Bcl-2, an anti-apoptotic gene, was reduced, with no significant effects on Bax and ..
- Tiedke J, Cubuk C, Burmester T. Environmental acidification triggers oxidative stress and enhances globin expression in zebrafish gills. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:624-9 pubmed publisher..These findings agree with the role of globins in oxidative energy metabolism, but may also hint at a specific function in antioxidative defense. ..
- Chen J, Tanguay R, Xiao Y, Haggard D, Ge X, Jia Y, et al. TBBPA exposure during a sensitive developmental window produces neurobehavioral changes in larval zebrafish. Environ Pollut. 2016;216:53-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, TBBPA exposure during a narrow, sensitive developmental window perturbs various molecular pathways and results in neurobehavioral deficits in zebrafish. ..
- Li L, Huang T, Tian C, Xiao Y, Kou S, Zhou X, et al. The defensive effect of phellodendrine against AAPH-induced oxidative stress through regulating the AKT/NF-?B pathway in zebrafish embryos. Life Sci. 2016;157:97-106 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the PHE also ameliorated the ROS-mediated inflammatory response. ..
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..but also suppressed transforming growth factor Î², Jak-STAT, DNA replication, mismatch repair, p53 pathway, JNK signaling pathway, and nucleotide excision repair...
- Drerup C, Nechiporuk A. JNK-interacting protein 3 mediates the retrograde transport of activated c-Jun N-terminal kinase and lysosomes. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003303 pubmed publisher..Using forward genetics and a novel in vivo imaging approach, we identified JNK-interacting protein 3 (Jip3) as a direct mediator of dynein-based retrograde transport of activated (phosphorylated)..
- Fujii R, Yamashita S, Hibi M, Hirano T. Asymmetric p38 activation in zebrafish: its possible role in symmetric and synchronous cleavage. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:1335-48 pubmed..Our findings suggest that asymmetric p38 activation is required for symmetric and synchronous cleavage, and may be regulated by the same machinery that controls the initiation of dorsalizing signals...
- Stengel R, Rivera Milla E, Sahoo N, Ebert C, Bollig F, Heinemann S, et al. Kcnh1 voltage-gated potassium channels are essential for early zebrafish development. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35565-75 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unanticipated basic activity of kcnh1 that is crucial for early embryonic development and patterning. ..
- Shi X, Zhou B. The role of Nrf2 and MAPK pathways in PFOS-induced oxidative stress in zebrafish embryos. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:391-400 pubmed publisher..gene expression profiles of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase (ERK), c-Jun NH (2)-terminal kinase (JNK), and p38...
- Hendricks M, Jesuthasan S. PHR regulates growth cone pausing at intermediate targets through microtubule disassembly. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6593-8 pubmed publisher..By live imaging, we show that loops form when microtubules retract without depolymerizing. JNK, but not p38, phosphorylation is increased in mutant growth cones...
- Hu Y, Ma H, Zou Z, He K, Xiao Y, Wang Y, et al. Activation of Akt and JNK/Nrf2/NQO1 pathway contributes to the protective effect of coptisine against AAPH-induced oxidative stress. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;85:313-322 pubmed publisher..Moreover, as the upstream signalings of Nrf2, the protein kinase B (Akt) and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase (JNK) signalings were also induced by COP...
- Taylor H, Liepe J, Barthen C, Bugeon L, Huvet M, Kirk P, et al. P38 and JNK have opposing effects on persistence of in vivo leukocyte migration in zebrafish. Immunol Cell Biol. 2013;91:60-9 pubmed publisher..This example shows the high level of information content, which can be gained from live-imaging data if appropriate statistical tools are used. ..