Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: mapk14a
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase 14a
Alias: MAPK14, fk28c03, hm:zeh1243, p38, p38a, wu:fk28c03, zp38a, mitogen-activated protein kinase 14A, MAP kinase 14A, MAP kinase p38a, MAPK 14A, etID18993.8, mitogen-activated protein kinase p38a, zeh1243
- Stengel R, Rivera Milla E, Sahoo N, Ebert C, Bollig F, Heinemann S, et al. Kcnh1 voltage-gated potassium channels are essential for early zebrafish development. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35565-75 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an unanticipated basic activity of kcnh1 that is crucial for early embryonic development and patterning. ..
- Hidasi A, Groh K, Suter M, Schirmer K. Clobetasol propionate causes immunosuppression in zebrafish (Danio rerio) at environmentally relevant concentrations. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;138:16-24 pubmed publisher..This may reduce the chances of fish to survive in the environment, as their defense against pathogens is weakened. ..
- Li L, Huang T, Tian C, Xiao Y, Kou S, Zhou X, et al. The defensive effect of phellodendrine against AAPH-induced oxidative stress through regulating the AKT/NF-?B pathway in zebrafish embryos. Life Sci. 2016;157:97-106 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the PHE also ameliorated the ROS-mediated inflammatory response. ..
- Campbell D, Okamoto H. Local caspase activation interacts with Slit-Robo signaling to restrict axonal arborization. J Cell Biol. 2013;203:657-72 pubmed publisher..Caspase activation, dependent on Caspase-3, Caspase-9, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), rapidly increased at branch points corresponding with branch tip addition...
- Sanden M, Jørgensen S, Hemre G, Ørnsrud R, Sissener N. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for investigating dietary toxic effects of deoxynivalenol contamination in aquaculture feeds. Food Chem Toxicol. 2012;50:4441-8 pubmed publisher..We do not know if effects observed on fecundity and larvae swimming activity are attributed to a direct interaction of DON with the reproductive organ or secondary to the maternal/paternal liver oxidative imbalance. ..
- Jopling C, Suñé G, Morera C, Izpisua Belmonte J. p38? MAPK regulates myocardial regeneration in zebrafish. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1195-201 pubmed publisher..b>p38? ?APK has previously been shown to negatively regulate the proliferation of adult mammalian cardiomyocytes...
- YONKERS M, Ribera A. Molecular components underlying nongenomic thyroid hormone signaling in embryonic zebrafish neurons. Neural Dev. 2009;4:20 pubmed publisher..We found that pharmacological blockade of protein phosphatase 1 and the mitogen-activated protein kinase p38 isoform decreased and increased tonic sodium current amplitudes, respectively, and blockade of either occluded ..
- Amali A, Rekha R, Lin C, Wang W, Gong H, Her G, et al. Thioacetamide induced liver damage in zebrafish embryo as a disease model for steatohepatitis. J Biomed Sci. 2006;13:225-32 pubmed..Moreover, non-availability of specific drugs to prevent steatohepatitis, this animal model may serve as a powerful preclinical platform to study the therapeutic strategies and for evaluating chemoprevention strategies for this disease...
- Encinas P, Garcia Valtanen P, Chinchilla B, Gomez Casado E, Estepa A, Coll J. Identification of multipath genes differentially expressed in pathway-targeted microarrays in zebrafish infected and surviving spring viremia carp virus (SVCV) suggest preventive drug candidates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73553 pubmed publisher..These results could contribute to develop novel drug-based prevention methods and consolidate the zebrafish/SVCV as a model for vertebrate viral diseases. ..
- Hendricks M, Jesuthasan S. PHR regulates growth cone pausing at intermediate targets through microtubule disassembly. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6593-8 pubmed publisher..phr mutants contain excessive microtubules in the growth cone, which has been attributed to upregulation of DLK/p38 signaling...