Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: map1lc3b
Description: microtubule-associated protein 1 light chain 3 beta
Alias: Map1lc3, wu:fb60g11, zgc:56434, microtubule-associated proteins 1A/1B light chain 3B, Lc3
- Sasaki T, Lian S, Qi J, Bayliss P, Carr C, Johnson J, et al. Aberrant autolysosomal regulation is linked to the induction of embryonic senescence: differential roles of Beclin 1 and p53 in vertebrate Spns1 deficiency. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004409 pubmed publisher..Thus, these results provide evidence that Spns1 operates during autophagy and senescence differentially with Beclin 1 and p53. ..
- Brothers K, Gratacap R, Barker S, Newman Z, Norum A, Wheeler R. NADPH oxidase-driven phagocyte recruitment controls Candida albicans filamentous growth and prevents mortality. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003634 pubmed publisher..These novel links between ROS-driven chemotaxis and fungal dimorphism expand our view of a key host defense mechanism and have important implications for pathogenesis. ..
- Hu Z, Chen B, Zhang J, Ma Y. Up-regulation of autophagy-related gene 5 (ATG5) protects dopaminergic neurons in a zebrafish model of Parkinson's disease. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:18062-18074 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that ATG5 has a role in neuroprotection, and up-regulation of ATG5 may serve as a goal in the development of drugs for PD prevention and management. ..
- Seiliez I, Médale F, Aguirre P, Larquier M, Lanneretonne L, Alami Durante H, et al. Postprandial regulation of growth- and metabolism-related factors in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2013;10:237-48 pubmed publisher..Together, these results highlight some specificity of the zebrafish metabolism and demonstrate the interest and the limits of this species as a model organism for nutritional physiology studies. ..
- Hosseini R, Lamers G, Hodzic Z, Meijer A, Schaaf M, Spaink H. Correlative light and electron microscopy imaging of autophagy in a zebrafish infection model. Autophagy. 2014;10:1844-57 pubmed publisher..We show that mycobacteria during the progress of infection are frequently associated with GFP-Lc3-positive vesicles, and that 2 types of GFP-Lc3-positive vesicles were observed...
- Holland P, Knævelsrud H, Søreng K, Mathai B, Lystad A, Pankiv S, et al. HS1BP3 negatively regulates autophagy by modulation of phosphatidic acid levels. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13889 pubmed publisher..HS1BP3 depletion increased the formation of LC3-positive autophagosomes and degradation of cargo both in human cell culture and in zebrafish...
- Lee E, Wei Y, Zou Z, Tucker K, Rakheja D, Levine B, et al. Genetic inhibition of autophagy promotes p53 loss-of-heterozygosity and tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:67919-67933 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that genetic inhibition of autophagy promotes tumorigenesis in tp53 mutant zebrafish, and suggest a possible role for autophagy in the regulation of genome stability during oncogenesis. ..
- George A, Hayden S, Stanton G, Brockerhoff S. Arf6 and the 5'phosphatase of synaptojanin 1 regulate autophagy in cone photoreceptors. Bioessays. 2016;38 Suppl 1:S119-35 pubmed publisher..Our study describes a specific role for SynJ1 in autophagosomal and endosomal trafficking and provides evidence that PI(4,5)P2 participates in autophagy in a neuronal cell type. ..
- George A, Hayden S, Stanton G, Brockerhoff S. Arf6 and the 5'phosphatase of Synaptojanin 1 regulate autophagy in cone photoreceptors. Inside Cell. 2016;1:117-133 pubmed..Our study describes a specific role for SynJ1 in autophagosomal and endosomal trafficking and provides evidence that PI(4,5)P2 participates in autophagy in a neuronal cell type. ..
- Duan Y, Chen N. Hybrid wide-field and scanning microscopy for high-speed 3D imaging. Opt Lett. 2015;40:5251-4 pubmed publisher..The performance was demonstrated by proof-of-concept imaging experiments with fluorescent beads and zebrafish liver. ..
- Papp D, KovÃ¡cs T, Billes V, Varga M, TarnÃ³ci A, Hackler L, et al. AUTEN-67, an autophagy-enhancing drug candidate with potent antiaging and neuroprotective effects. Autophagy. 2016;12:273-86 pubmed publisher..It also restores nesting behavior in a murine model of Alzheimer disease, without apparent side effects. Thus, AUTEN-67 is a potent drug candidate for treating autophagy-related diseases. ..
- van der Vaart M, Korbee C, Lamers G, Tengeler A, Hosseini R, Haks M, et al. The DNA damage-regulated autophagy modulator DRAM1 links mycobacterial recognition via TLR-MYD88 to autophagic defense [corrected]. Cell Host Microbe. 2014;15:753-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that DRAM1 mediates autophagic defense against a broader range of intracellular pathogens, since DRAM1 expression was also induced by the common bacterial endotoxin lipopolysaccharide. ..
- George A, Hayden S, Holzhausen L, Ma E, Suzuki S, Brockerhoff S. Synaptojanin 1 is required for endolysosomal trafficking of synaptic proteins in cone photoreceptor inner segments. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e84394 pubmed publisher..This last pathway also appears exacerbated by darkness. Taken altogether, these findings show that SynJ1 is required in cones for normal endolysosomal trafficking of synaptic proteins. ..
- Mostowy S, Boucontet L, Mazon Moya M, Sirianni A, Boudinot P, Hollinshead M, et al. The zebrafish as a new model for the in vivo study of Shigella flexneri interaction with phagocytes and bacterial autophagy. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003588 pubmed publisher..These results show the zebrafish larva as a new model for the study of S. flexneri interaction with phagocytes, and the manipulation of autophagy for anti-bacterial therapy in vivo. ..
- Li M, Andersson Lendahl M, Sejersen T, Arner A. Knockdown of fast skeletal myosin-binding protein C in zebrafish results in a severe skeletal myopathy. J Gen Physiol. 2016;147:309-22 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, lack of MyBPC-2 results in a severe skeletal myopathy with structural changes and muscle weakness. ..
- Saera Vila A, Kish P, Louie K, Grzegorski S, Klionsky D, Kahana A. Autophagy regulates cytoplasmic remodeling during cell reprogramming in a zebrafish model of muscle regeneration. Autophagy. 2016;12:1864-1875 pubmed..We conclude that autophagy plays a critical role in cell reprogramming by regulating cytoplasmic remodeling, facilitating the transition to a less differentiated cell identity. ..
- Lee E, Koo Y, Ng A, Wei Y, Luby Phelps K, Juraszek A, et al. Autophagy is essential for cardiac morphogenesis during vertebrate development. Autophagy. 2014;10:572-87 pubmed publisher..Using zebrafish that transgenically express the fluorescent autophagy reporter protein, GFP-LC3, we found that autophagy is active in multiple tissues, including the heart, during the embryonic period...
- Thakur P, Davison J, Stuckenholz C, Lu L, Bahary N. Dysregulated phosphatidylinositol signaling promotes endoplasmic-reticulum-stress-mediated intestinal mucosal injury and inflammation in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:93-106 pubmed publisher..The zebrafish cdipt mutants provide a powerful tool for dissecting the fundamental mechanisms of ER-stress-mediated human GI diseases and a platform to develop molecularly targeted therapies. ..
- Biga P, Latimer M, Froehlich J, Gabillard J, Seiliez I. Distribution of H3K27me3, H3K9me3, and H3K4me3 along autophagy-related genes highly expressed in starved zebrafish myotubes. Biol Open. 2017;6:1720-1725 pubmed publisher..These data support epigenetic regulation of autophagy in response to starvation that suggests a level of regulation that can be sustained for chronic conditions via chromatin modification. ..