Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lyz
Alias: lys-C, zgc:136734, lysozyme-like protein 2, lys C, lysozyme C
- Liu F, Wen Z. Cloning and expression pattern of the lysozyme C gene in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2002;113:69-72 pubmedHere, we report isolation and developmental expression pattern of the zebrafish lysozyme C gene...
- Lam P, Yoo S, Green J, Huttenlocher A. The SH2-domain-containing inositol 5-phosphatase (SHIP) limits the motility of neutrophils and their recruitment to wounds in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4973-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings suggest that SHIP phosphatases control neutrophil inflammation by limiting neutrophil motility in vivo. ..
- Yuan H, Zhou J, Deng M, Zhang Y, Chen Y, Jin Y, et al. Sumoylation of CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein ? promotes the biased primitive hematopoiesis of zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:7014-20 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore implicate sumoylation in early lineage determination and reveal the possible molecular mechanism underlying the puzzling biased primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrates. ..
- Li L, Jin H, Xu J, Shi Y, Wen Z. Irf8 regulates macrophage versus neutrophil fate during zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. Blood. 2011;117:1359-69 pubmed publisher..1 but is insufficient to promote macrophage development in the absence of Pu.1. Our findings demonstrate that Irf8 is a critical determinant for neutrophil versus macrophage fate choice during zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. ..
- Fu C, Zhu K, Mi J, Liu Y, Murray S, Fu Y, et al. An evolutionarily conserved PTEN-C/EBPalpha-CTNNA1 axis controls myeloid development and transformation. Blood. 2010;115:4715-24 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a novel molecular pathway, PTEN-C/EBPalpha-CTNNA1, which is evolutionarily conserved and might be therapeutically targeted to eradicate LICs with low CTNNA1 expression. ..
- Mathias J, Dodd M, Walters K, Yoo S, Ranheim E, Huttenlocher A. Characterization of zebrafish larval inflammatory macrophages. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:1212-7 pubmed publisher..These findings identify distinct functional and morphological characteristics of inflammatory macrophages in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Dresner E, Malishkevich A, Arviv C, Leibman Barak S, Alon S, Ofir R, et al. Novel evolutionary-conserved role for the activity-dependent neuroprotective protein (ADNP) family that is important for erythropoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40173-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal an ancestral role for the ADNP protein family in maturation and differentiation of the erythroid lineage, associated with direct regulation of ?-globin expression. ..
- Lu X, Wei Y, Liu F. Direct regulation of p53 by miR-142a-3p mediates the survival of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. Cell Discov. 2015;1:15027 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our work reveals the significance of the miR-142a-3p-p53 pathway in controlling hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell survival, and thus advances our understanding of the role of p53 in vertebrate hematopoiesis. ..
- Dobson J, Seibert J, Teh E, Da as S, Fraser R, Paw B, et al. Carboxypeptidase A5 identifies a novel mast cell lineage in the zebrafish providing new insight into mast cell fate determination. Blood. 2008;112:2969-72 pubmed publisher..At 28 hpf, colocalization is observed with pu.1, mpo, l-plastin, and lysozyme C, but not fms or cepbalpha, identifying these early MCs as a distinct myeloid population arising from a common ..
- Hanaoka R, Ohmori Y, Uyemura K, Hosoya T, Hotta Y, Shirao T, et al. Zebrafish gcmb is required for pharyngeal cartilage formation. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1235-47 pubmed..These results suggest that gcmb is required for normal pharyngeal cartilage formation in zebrafish and that its expression is dependent on fgf3 activity. ..
- Forrester A, Grabher C, McBride E, Boyd E, Vigerstad M, Edgar A, et al. NUP98-HOXA9-transgenic zebrafish develop a myeloproliferative neoplasm and provide new insight into mechanisms of myeloid leukaemogenesis. Br J Haematol. 2011;155:167-81 pubmed publisher..Markers associated with more differentiated myeloid cells, lcp1, lyz, and mpx were also elevated, but to a lesser extent than spi1, suggesting differentiation of early myeloid ..
- Bolli N, Payne E, Rhodes J, Gjini E, Johnston A, Guo F, et al. cpsf1 is required for definitive HSC survival in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:3996-4007 pubmed publisher..These studies show that cpsf1 is essential for HSC survival and differentiation in caudal hematopoietic tissue. ..
- Lin W, Hou J, Guo H, Qiu Y, Li L, Li D, et al. Dualistic immunomodulation of sub-chronic microcystin-LR exposure on the innate-immune defense system in male zebrafish. Chemosphere. 2017;183:315-322 pubmed publisher..elevation of serum C3 levels, and significantly upregulated expression of innate immune-related genes (c3b, lyz, il1?, tnf? and ifn?)...
- Liu X, Jia X, Yuan H, Ma K, Chen Y, Jin Y, et al. DNA methyltransferase 1 functions through C/ebpa to maintain hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2015;8:15 pubmed publisher..Dnmt1 is required for HSPC maintenance via cebpa regulation during definitive hematopoiesis in zebrafish. ..
- Shiau C, Kaufman Z, Meireles A, Talbot W. Differential requirement for irf8 in formation of embryonic and adult macrophages in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117513 pubmed publisher..Our study defines distinct requirement for irf8 in myelopoiesis before and after transition to the adult hematopoietic system. ..
- Xu H, Shao X, Zhang Z, Zou Y, Wu X, Yang L. Oxidative stress and immune related gene expression following exposure to di-n-butyl phthalate and diethyl phthalate in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;93:39-44 pubmed publisher..interleukin-1? (IL1?), Myxovirus resistance (Mx), tumor necrosis factor ? (TNF?), CC-chemokine, CXCL-clc, lysozyme (Lyz) and complement factor C3B (C3) were up-regulated upon DBP, DEP and their mixture exposure, suggesting the ..
- Oehlers S, Flores M, Chen T, Hall C, Crosier K, Crosier P. Topographical distribution of antimicrobial genes in the zebrafish intestine. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:385-91 pubmed publisher..Expression of the zebrafish ?-defensin family was examined in adult zebrafish tissues. Strong expression of defensin beta-like 1 was detected in the swim bladder of zebrafish from the larval stage of development through to adults. ..
- Wu T, Pan C, Lin M, Hsieh J, Hui C, Chen J. In vivo screening of zebrafish microRNA responses to bacterial infection and their possible roles in regulating immune response genes after lipopolysaccharide stimulation. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1299-310 pubmed publisher..Our cloning and expression analyses indicated that miR-122, miR-192, and miR-194a play important roles in zebrafish immunology. ..
- Singh S, Sethi S, Aravamudhan S, Kruger M, Grabher C. Proteome mapping of adult zebrafish marrow neutrophils reveals partial cross species conservation to human peripheral neutrophils. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73998 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first zebrafish neutrophil proteome and may serve as a valuable resource for an understanding of neutrophil biology and innate immunity. ..
- Jin H, Huang Z, Chi Y, Wu M, Zhou R, Zhao L, et al. c-Myb acts in parallel and cooperatively with Cebp1 to regulate neutrophil maturation in zebrafish. Blood. 2016;128:415-26 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that c-MYB is an intrinsic master regulator for neutrophil terminal differentiation and a potential target in SGD patients. ..
- Vincent W, Harvie E, Sauer J, Huttenlocher A. Neutrophil derived LTB4 induces macrophage aggregation in response to encapsulated Streptococcus iniae infection. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179574 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings highlight a novel innate immune response to infection in which specific bacterial products drive neutrophils that modulate macrophage behavior through eicosanoid signaling. ..
- Barros Becker F, Romero J, Pulgar A, Feijóo C. Persistent oxytetracycline exposure induces an inflammatory process that improves regenerative capacity in zebrafish larvae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36827 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, larvae that developed an inflammation process showed an improved regeneration capacity in the mechanosensory system lateral line. ..
- Wang Y, Peng K, Wu J, Chen J. Transgenic expression of salmon delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase in zebrafish muscle inhibits the growth of Vibrio alginolyticus and affects fish immunomodulatory activity. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;39:223-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results identify delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase as novel candidate genes for use in aquaculture, to enhance both disease resistance and fish oil production. ..
- Oyarbide U, Rainieri S, Pardo M. Zebrafish (Danio rerio) larvae as a system to test the efficacy of polysaccharides as immunostimulants. Zebrafish. 2012;9:74-84 pubmed publisher..The most evident effects of ?-glucan were the overexpression of the genes TNF?, MPO, TRF, and LYZ. Moreover, slight changes in MPO expression were detected using a transgenic line of zebrafish (MPO::GFP), and a ..
- Horsfield J, Anagnostou S, Hu J, Cho K, Geisler R, Lieschke G, et al. Cohesin-dependent regulation of Runx genes. Development. 2007;134:2639-49 pubmed..Our findings provide evidence for a novel role for cohesin in development, and indicate potential for monoallelic loss of cohesin subunits to alter gene expression. ..
- Faikoh E, Hong Y, Hu S. Liposome-encapsulated cinnamaldehyde enhances zebrafish (Danio rerio) immunity and survival when challenged with Vibrio vulnificus and Streptococcus agalactiae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;38:15-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LEC could be used as an antimicrobial agent and immunostimulant to protect bacteria-infected fish in aquaculture. ..
- Pan C, Peng K, Lin C, Chen J. Transgenic expression of tilapia hepcidin 1-5 and shrimp chelonianin in zebrafish and their resistance to bacterial pathogens. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:275-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that TH1-5 and chelonianin possess the potential to be novel candidate genes for aquaculture applications to treat fish diseases. ..
- Burgon J, Robertson A, Sadiku P, Wang X, Hooper Greenhill E, Prince L, et al. Serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase 1 regulates neutrophil clearance during inflammation resolution. J Immunol. 2014;192:1796-805 pubmed publisher..These data suggest SGK1 plays a key role in regulating neutrophil survival signaling and thus may prove a valuable therapeutic target for the treatment of inflammatory disease. ..
- Miao L, Yuan Y, Cheng F, Fang J, Zhou F, Ma W, et al. Translation repression by maternal RNA binding protein Zar1 is essential for early oogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2017;144:128-138 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that regulation of translational repression and de-repression are essential for precisely controlling protein expression during early oogenesis. ..
- Meireles A, Shiau C, Guenther C, Sidik H, Kingsley D, Talbot W. The phosphate exporter xpr1b is required for differentiation of tissue-resident macrophages. Cell Rep. 2014;8:1659-1667 pubmed publisher..Single mutants for xpr1a were viable, and double mutants for xpr1b;xpr1a were similar to xpr1b single mutants. Our genetic analysis reveals a specific role for the phosphate exporter Xpr1 in the differentiation of tissue macrophages. ..
- Hsieh J, Pan C, Chen J. Tilapia hepcidin (TH)2-3 as a transgene in transgenic fish enhances resistance to Vibrio vulnificus infection and causes variations in immune-related genes after infection by different bacterial species. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:430-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that using TH2-3 as a transgene in zebrafish can effectively inhibit bacterial growth, specifically the V. vulnificus (204) strain for up to 24 h...
- Enyedi B, Kala S, Nikolich Zugich T, Niethammer P. Tissue damage detection by osmotic surveillance. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1123-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, tissues can detect damage through direct surveillance of barrier integrity, with cell swelling probably functioning as a pro-inflammatory intermediate in the process. ..
- Sertori R, Liongue C, Basheer F, Lewis K, Rasighaemi P, de Coninck D, et al. Conserved IL-2RÎ³c Signaling Mediates Lymphopoiesis in Zebrafish. J Immunol. 2016;196:135-43 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that conserved IL-2RÎ³c signaling via JAK3 plays a key role during early zebrafish lymphopoiesis, which can be potentially targeted to generate a zebrafish model of human SCID. ..
- Wang K, Fang X, Ma N, Lin Q, Huang Z, Liu W, et al. Myeloperoxidase-deficient zebrafish show an augmented inflammatory response to challenge with Candida albicans. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;44:109-16 pubmed publisher..albicans infection. These findings indicate that myeloperoxidase deficiency alters the inflammatory response to fungal infection. ..
- Juarez M, Su F, Chun S, Kiel M, Lyons S. Distinct roles for SCL in erythroid specification and maturation in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41636-44 pubmed..Our results revealed that Scl participates in multiple processes requiring different levels and functions. Further, we identified an Scl hypomorphic phenotype distinct from the null state. ..
- Liu W, Wu M, Huang Z, Lian J, Chen J, Wang T, et al. c-myb hyperactivity leads to myeloid and lymphoid malignancies in zebrafish. Leukemia. 2017;31:222-233 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes a zebrafish model for studying the cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying c-Myb-associated leukemogenesis as well as for anti-leukemic drug screening. ..
- Glenn N, Schumacher J, Kim H, Zhao E, Skerniskyte J, Sumanas S. Distinct regulation of the anterior and posterior myeloperoxidase expression by Etv2 and Gata1 during primitive Granulopoiesis in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;393:149-159 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mpx expression is controlled differently in the ALPM and PLPM regions and describe novel roles for etv2 and gata1 during primitive neutropoiesis. ..
- Mercer S, Odelberg S, Simon H. A dynamic spatiotemporal extracellular matrix facilitates epicardial-mediated vertebrate heart regeneration. Dev Biol. 2013;382:457-69 pubmed publisher..Thus, the engineering of nature-tested extracellular matrices may provide new strategic opportunities for the enhancement of regenerative responses in mammals...
- Gao L, Li D, Ma K, Zhang W, Xu T, Fu C, et al. TopBP1 Governs Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Survival in Zebrafish Definitive Hematopoiesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates a novel and vital role of TopBP1 in the maintenance of HSPCs genome integrity and survival during hematopoietic progenitor expansion. ..
- Oyarbide U, Iturria I, Rainieri S, Pardo M. Use of gnotobiotic zebrafish to study Vibrio anguillarum pathogenicity. Zebrafish. 2015;12:71-80 pubmed publisher..This immunomodulation can be indicative of a "stealth mechanism" of mucus invasion in which the pathogen found a sheltered niche, a typical trait of intracellular pathogens. ..
- Rojo I, de Ilárduya O, Estonba A, Pardo M. Innate immune gene expression in individual zebrafish after Listonella anguillarum inoculation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;23:1285-93 pubmed..of genes related to the immune response (il1b, cebpb, tfa, mpx, tnfa, nitr9, tlr22, hsc70, cp, mrlp1, c3b and lyz) in each fish was monitored by means of real-time RT-PCR...
- Lewis R, Noor S, Fraser F, Sertori R, Liongue C, Ward A. Regulation of embryonic hematopoiesis by a cytokine-inducible SH2 domain homolog in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2014;192:5739-48 pubmed publisher..This occurred concomitantly with increased activation of STAT5. This study indicates that CISH functions as a conserved in vivo target and regulator of STAT5 in the control of embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Onnebo S, Rasighaemi P, Kumar J, Liongue C, Ward A. Alternative TEL-JAK2 fusions associated with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and atypical chronic myelogenous leukemia dissected in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2012;97:1895-903 pubmed publisher..The data further suggest that this class of oncogene exerts its effects in a cell lineage-specific manner, which may be due to differences in downstream signaling. ..
- Keightley M, Carradice D, Layton J, Pase L, Bertrand J, Wittig J, et al. The Pu.1 target gene Zbtb11 regulates neutrophil development through its integrase-like HHCC zinc finger. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14911 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the PU.1-ZBTB11-TP53 pathway is conserved from fish to mammals. Finally, Zbtb11 mutant rescue experiments point to a ZBTB11-regulated TP53 requirement in development of other organs. ..
- Place E, Smith J. Zebrafish atoh8 mutants do not recapitulate morpholino phenotypes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171143 pubmed publisher..Vascular patterning and primitive haematopoiesis are unaffected in atoh8sa1465/sa1465 mutant embryos. Together, the data suggest that Atoh8 is dispensible for zebrafish development under standard laboratory conditions. ..
- Enyedi B, Jelcic M, Niethammer P. The Cell Nucleus Serves as a Mechanotransducer of Tissue Damage-Induced Inflammation. Cell. 2016;165:1160-1170 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the nucleus plays a mechanosensory role in inflammation by transducing cell swelling and lysis into proinflammatory eicosanoid signaling. ..
- Cheng C, Huang S, Wu C, Gong H, Ken C, Hu S, et al. Transgenic expression of omega-3 PUFA synthesis genes improves zebrafish survival during Vibrio vulnificus infection. J Biomed Sci. 2015;22:103 pubmed publisher..Fadsd6 and Elvol5a transgenic zebrafish are more resistant to V. vulnificus infection, and enhance survival by diminishing the attendant inflammatory response. ..
- Yousefi S, Hoseinifar S, Paknejad H, Hajimoradloo A. The effects of dietary supplement of galactooligosaccharide on innate immunity, immune related genes expression and growth performance in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;73:192-196 pubmed publisher..protein and alkaline phosphatase activity), immune related genes expression (interleukin 1 beta [il1b], Lysozyme [lyz], tumor necrosis factor alpha [tnf-alpha]) as well as growth performance were measured...
- Dai Y, Zhu L, Huang Z, Zhou M, Jin W, Liu W, et al. Cebp? is essential for the embryonic myeloid progenitor and neutrophil maintenance in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2016;43:593-600 pubmed publisher..We further show that Cebp?, perhaps acting cooperatively with Runx1, plays a critical role in embryonic neutrophil maintenance. Our findings reveal a new role of Cebp? in embryonic myelopoiesis. ..
- Wang K, Huang Z, Zhao L, Liu W, Chen X, Meng P, et al. Large-scale forward genetic screening analysis of development of hematopoiesis in zebrafish. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:473-80 pubmed publisher..Our method should be applicable for other types of genetic screening in zebrafish. In addition, further study of the mutants we identified may help to unveil the molecular basis of hematopoiesis. ..
- Zhang Z, Wu H, Xiao J, Wang Q, Liu Q, Zhang Y. Immune responses of zebrafish (Danio rerio) induced by bath-vaccination with a live attenuated Vibrio anguillarum vaccine candidate. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:36-41 pubmed publisher..These results gave some important messages about the mechanism of specific protection induced by live attenuated V. anguillarum and showed the availability of zebrafish model in the evaluation of the vaccine candidate...
- Elks P, van Eeden F, Dixon G, Wang X, Reyes Aldasoro C, Ingham P, et al. Activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? (Hif-1?) delays inflammation resolution by reducing neutrophil apoptosis and reverse migration in a zebrafish inflammation model. Blood. 2011;118:712-22 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that Hif-1? regulates neutrophil function in complex ways during inflammation resolution in vivo. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Zon L, Traver D, Bartunek P. Ex vivo tools for the clonal analysis of zebrafish hematopoiesis. Nat Protoc. 2016;11:1007-20 pubmed publisher..The present protocol should facilitate such studies on cells derived from zebrafish. ..
- Zhang Z, Wu H, Xiao J, Wang Q, Liu Q, Zhang Y. Immune responses evoked by infection with Vibrio anguillarum in zebrafish bath-vaccinated with a live attenuated strain. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;154:138-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inoculation with the live attenuated vaccine triggered protection by curbing inflammation and strengthening the adaptive immune response. ..
- He Q, Zhang C, Wang L, Zhang P, Ma D, Lv J, et al. Inflammatory signaling regulates hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell emergence in vertebrates. Blood. 2015;125:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish a previously unrecognized link between inflammatory signaling and HSPC emergence, and provide new insights into regenerative medicine and novel therapies to treat innate immune-related diseases. ..
- Wang C, Chen Y, Bian W, Xie S, Qi G, Liu L, et al. Deletion of mstna and mstnb impairs the immune system and affects growth performance in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;72:572-580 pubmed publisher..While each paralogue contributes to the response to bacterial insult, mstnb affects the immune system through activation of the NF-?B pathway, and mstna is likely to act upstream of NF-?B at some as yet unidentified target. ..
- Hsu A, Wang D, Gurol T, Zhou W, Zhu X, Lu H, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-722 fine-tunes neutrophilic inflammation by inhibiting Rac2 in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1323-1332 pubmed publisher..Finally, an miR-722 mimic protects zebrafish from lethal lipopolysaccharide challenge. Together, these results provide evidence for and the mechanism of an anti-inflammatory miRNA that restrains detrimental systemic inflammation. ..
- Lewis R, Stephenson S, Ward A. Constitutive activation of zebrafish Stat5 expands hematopoietic cell populations in vivo. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:179-87 pubmed..These data implicate Stat5 activity as a direct critical regulator of hematological cell proliferation, suggesting a causal role for constitutively-active Stat5 in the etiology of hematological malignancies. ..
- Lam P, Harvie E, Huttenlocher A. Heat shock modulates neutrophil motility in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84436 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that routine heat shock can alter neutrophil function in zebrafish. The findings suggest that caution should be taken when employing a heat shock-dependent inducible system to study the innate immune response. ..
- Wang P, Jiang C, Liu S, Cui P, Zhang Y, Zhang S. Trans-generational enhancement of C-type lysozyme level in eggs of zebrafish by dietary Î²-glucan. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;74:25-31 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we show for the first time that Î²-glucan can enhance the lysozyme level in offspring via both inducing the transfer of the molecule from mothers to eggs and stimulating its endogenous production in oocytes. ..
- Yoong S, O Connell B, Soanes A, Crowhurst M, Lieschke G, Ward A. Characterization of the zebrafish matrix metalloproteinase 9 gene and its developmental expression pattern. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:39-46 pubmed..In the adult, mmp9 expression was most prominent in the splenic cords, a site occupied by mature myeloid cells in other species. These results suggest that mmp9 will serve as a useful marker of mature myeloid cells in the zebrafish. ..
- Jin Y, Zheng S, Fu Z. Embryonic exposure to cypermethrin induces apoptosis and immunotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:1049-54 pubmed publisher..The information presented in this study will help elucidate the mechanism of CYP-induced toxicity in fish. ..
- Eve A, Place E, Smith J. Comparison of Zebrafish tmem88a mutant and morpholino knockdown phenotypes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172227 pubmed publisher..This suggests that there is a partial, but inessential, requirement for tmem88a during haematopoiesis and that morpholino injection exacerbates this phenotype in tmem88a morpholino knockdown embryos. ..
- Cobbina S, Xu H, Zhao T, Mao G, Zhou Z, Wu X, et al. A multivariate assessment of innate immune-related gene expressions due to exposure to low concentration individual and mixtures of four kinds of heavy metals on zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:1032-42 pubmed publisher..001 mg/L), As (0.01 mg/L) and Cd (0.005 mg/L). Messenger-RNA (mRNA) levels of IL1Î², TNF-Î±, IFNÎ³, Mx, Lyz, C3B and CXCL-Clc which are closely associated with the innate immune system were affected after exposing zebrafish ..
- Beerman R, Matty M, Au G, Looger L, Choudhury K, Keller P, et al. Direct InÂ Vivo Manipulation and Imaging of Calcium Transients in Neutrophils Identify a Critical Role for Leading-Edge Calcium Flux. Cell Rep. 2015;13:2107-17 pubmed publisher..We find that controlled calcium influx can function to help define the neutrophil's leading edge. Cell-specific TRPV1 expression may have broad utility for precise control of calcium dynamics in other immune cell types and organisms. ..
- Zhang C, Zhang J, Ren H, Zhou B, Wu Q, Sun P. Effect of tributyltin on antioxidant ability and immune responses of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;138:1-8 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that TBT induced oxidative stress and had immunotoxic effects on zebrafish. ..
- O Sullivan L, Noor S, Trengove M, Lewis R, Liongue C, Sprigg N, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 regulates embryonic myelopoiesis independently of its effects on T cell development. J Immunol. 2011;186:4751-61 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a conserved role for SOCS1 in T cell development and suggest a novel T cell-independent function in embryonic myelopoiesis mediated, at least in part, via its effects on receptors using the Jak2-Stat5 pathway. ..
- Wittamer V, Bertrand J, Gutschow P, Traver D. Characterization of the mononuclear phagocyte system in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:7126-35 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that mhc2dab:GFP and cd45:DsRed transgenic lines will be instrumental in elucidating the immune response in the zebrafish. ..
- Crosier P, Bardsley A, Horsfield J, Krassowska A, Lavallie E, Collins Racie L, et al. In situ hybridization screen in zebrafish for the selection of genes encoding secreted proteins. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:637-44 pubmed
- Petrie T, Strand N, Yang C, Tsung Yang C, Rabinowitz J, Moon R. Macrophages modulate adult zebrafish tail fin regeneration. Development. 2014;141:2581-91 pubmed publisher..These results provide a cellular and molecular link between components of the inflammation response and regeneration in adult zebrafish. ..
- Yuan S, Lv Z, Zhu A, Zheng J, Wu C. Negative effect of chronic cadmium exposure on growth, histology, ultrastructure, antioxidant and innate immune responses in the liver of zebrafish: Preventive role of blue light emitting diodes. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;139:18-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, for the first time, our data demonstrated that LDB could protect fish against Cd toxicity. ..