Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lmo2
Description: LIM domain only 2 (rhombotin-like 1)
Alias: wu:fc83a08, zgc:111930, rhombotin-2, LIM domain only protein 2, LIM domain only-2, LMO-2, ttg2, zlmo2
- Cermenati S, Moleri S, Cimbro S, Corti P, Del Giacco L, Amodeo R, et al. Sox18 and Sox7 play redundant roles in vascular development. Blood. 2008;111:2657-66 pubmed..Our data suggest that a defect in arteriovenous identity could be responsible for the formation of telangiectases in patients with HLT. ..
- Zhou T, Wang L, Zhu K, Dong M, Xu P, Chen Y, et al. Dominant-negative C/ebp? and polycomb group protein Bmi1 extend short-lived hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell life span and induce lethal dyserythropoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:3842-52 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Bmi1 acts immediately downstream of C/ebp?DN to regulate the survival and self-renewal of HSPCs and contribute to the erythropoietic dysplasia. ..
- Leung A, Mendenhall E, Kwan T, Liang R, Eckfeldt C, Chen E, et al. Characterization of expanded intermediate cell mass in zebrafish chordin morphant embryos. Dev Biol. 2005;277:235-54 pubmed..BMP4, but not BMP2b or 7, was involved in this process. The results provide ground for further research into the mechanisms of embryonic hematopoietic cell expansion. ..
- Bertrand J, Chi N, Santoso B, Teng S, Stainier D, Traver D. Haematopoietic stem cells derive directly from aortic endothelium during development. Nature. 2010;464:108-11 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a permanent lineage tracing strategy, we demonstrate that the HSCs generated from haemogenic endothelium are the lineal founders of the adult haematopoietic system. ..
- Yue R, Kang J, Zhao C, Hu W, Tang Y, Liu X, et al. Beta-arrestin1 regulates zebrafish hematopoiesis through binding to YY1 and relieving polycomb group repression. Cell. 2009;139:535-46 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrated a critical role of beta-arrestin1 during zebrafish primitive hematopoiesis, as well as an important regulator of PcG proteins and cdx4-hox pathway. ..
- Bertrand J, Kim A, Violette E, Stachura D, Cisson J, Traver D. Definitive hematopoiesis initiates through a committed erythromyeloid progenitor in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2007;134:4147-56 pubmed..EMPs isolated by coexpression of fluorescent transgenes driven by the lmo2 and gata1 promoters exhibit an immature, blastic morphology and express only erythroid and myeloid genes...
- Zhu H, Traver D, Davidson A, DiBiase A, Thisse C, Thisse B, et al. Regulation of the lmo2 promoter during hematopoietic and vascular development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;281:256-69 pubmedThe Lmo2 transcription factor, a T-cell oncoprotein, is required for both hematopoiesis and angiogenesis...
- Monteiro R, Pouget C, Patient R. The gata1/pu.1 lineage fate paradigm varies between blood populations and is modulated by tif1?. EMBO J. 2011;30:1093-103 pubmed publisher..1 in primitive erythroid and prodefinitive erythromyeloid progenitors. We therefore conclude that the gata1/pu.1 paradigm for lineage decisions takes different forms in different cellular contexts and is modulated by tif1?. ..
- Wei W, Wen L, Huang P, Zhang Z, Chen Y, Xiao A, et al. Gfi1.1 regulates hematopoietic lineage differentiation during zebrafish embryogenesis. Cell Res. 2008;18:677-85 pubmed publisher..Morpholino (MO) knockdown of gfi1.1 reduced expression of scl, lmo2, c-myb, mpo, rag1, gata1 and hemoglobin alpha embryonic-1 (hbae1), as well as the total amount of embryonic ..
- Paik E, Zon L. Hematopoietic development in the zebrafish. Int J Dev Biol. 2010;54:1127-37 pubmed publisher..In this review, we will summarize hematopoiesis in the zebrafish and discuss how genetic approaches using the zebrafish system have helped to build our current knowledge in the field of hematopoiesis. ..
- Bertrand J, Kim A, Teng S, Traver D. CD41+ cmyb+ precursors colonize the zebrafish pronephros by a novel migration route to initiate adult hematopoiesis. Development. 2008;135:1853-62 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies suggest that expression of CD41 and cmyb marks nascent HSCs in the zebrafish AGM, and provide the means to further dissect HSC generation and function in the early vertebrate embryo. ..
- Li X, Jia S, Wang S, Wang Y, Meng A. Mta3-NuRD complex is a master regulator for initiation of primitive hematopoiesis in vertebrate embryos. Blood. 2009;114:5464-72 pubmed publisher..Importantly, overexpression of scl or scl and lmo2, 2 master genes for primitive hematopoiesis, is able to overturn effects of mta3 knockdown or VPA/TSA treatment; ..
- Langenau D, Feng H, Berghmans S, Kanki J, Kutok J, Look A. Cre/lox-regulated transgenic zebrafish model with conditional myc-induced T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6068-73 pubmed..into irradiated recipient fish, and express the zebrafish orthologues of the human T-ALL oncogenes tal1/scl and lmo2, thus providing an animal model for the most prevalent molecular subgroup of human T-ALL...
- Hsia N, Zon L. Transcriptional regulation of hematopoietic stem cell development in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:1007-14 pubmed..Future studies using new technologies in the zebrafish model will enhance our understanding of the molecular networks regulating HSC pluripotency and differentiation. ..
- Xiong J, Yu Q, Zhang J, Mably J. An acyltransferase controls the generation of hematopoietic and endothelial lineages in zebrafish. Circ Res. 2008;102:1057-64 pubmed publisher..Epistasis analysis supports that lycat acts upstream of scl and etsrp in zebrafish hemangioblast development. These data indicate that lycat is the earliest known player in the generation of both endothelial and hematopoietic lineages. ..
- Chen J, Jette C, Kanki J, Aster J, Look A, Griffin J. NOTCH1-induced T-cell leukemia in transgenic zebrafish. Leukemia. 2007;21:462-71 pubmed..The ability of this model to detect a strong interaction between NOTCH1 and bcl2 suggests that genetic modifier screens have a high likelihood of revealing other genes that can cooperate with NOTCH1 to induce T-ALL. ..
- Sumanas S, Jorniak T, Lin S. Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutants. Blood. 2005;106:534-41 pubmed..Further functional studies of these novel genes should help to elucidate critical early steps leading to the formation of vertebrate blood vessels. ..
- Rhodes J, Hagen A, Hsu K, Deng M, Liu T, Look A, et al. Interplay of pu.1 and gata1 determines myelo-erythroid progenitor cell fate in zebrafish. Dev Cell. 2005;8:97-108 pubmed..1 in the bloodless mutant cloche resulted in myelopoietic rescue, providing intriguing evidence that this gene can function in the absence of some stem cell genes, such as scl, in governing myelopoiesis. ..
- Cooney J, Hildick Smith G, Shafizadeh E, McBride P, Carroll K, Anderson H, et al. Teleost growth factor independence (gfi) genes differentially regulate successive waves of hematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2013;373:431-41 pubmed publisher..between the gfi factors and key hematopoietic transcription factors, demonstrating that gfi1aa and gfi1b join lmo2, scl, runx-1 and c-myb as critical regulators of teleost HSPC...
- Novikov N, Evans T. Tmem88a mediates GATA-dependent specification of cardiomyocyte progenitors by restricting WNT signaling. Development. 2013;140:3787-98 pubmed publisher..Tmem88a is a novel component of the regulatory mechanism controlling the second phase of biphasic WNT activity essential for embryonic cardiogenesis. ..
- Liu F, Walmsley M, Rodaway A, Patient R. Fli1 acts at the top of the transcriptional network driving blood and endothelial development. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1234-40 pubmed publisher..constitutively active form of Fli1 is sufficient to induce expression of key hemangioblast genes, such as Scl/Tal1, Lmo2, Gata2, Etsrp, and Flk1...
- Goessling W, North T, Loewer S, Lord A, Lee S, Stoick Cooper C, et al. Genetic interaction of PGE2 and Wnt signaling regulates developmental specification of stem cells and regeneration. Cell. 2009;136:1136-47 pubmed publisher..Our work provides in vivo evidence that Wnt activation in stem cells requires PGE2, and suggests the PGE2/Wnt interaction is a master regulator of vertebrate regeneration and recovery. ..
- Barbieri E, Deflorian G, Pezzimenti F, Valli D, Saia M, Meani N, et al. Nucleophosmin leukemogenic mutant activates Wnt signaling during zebrafish development. Oncotarget. 2016;7:55302-55312 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel function of NPMc+ and provide insight into the molecular pathogenesis of AML bearing NPM1 mutations. ..
- Trede N, Zon L. Development of T-cells during fish embryogenesis. Dev Comp Immunol. 1998;22:253-63 pubmed
- Da as S, Coombs A, Balci T, Grondin C, Ferrando A, Berman J. The zebrafish reveals dependence of the mast cell lineage on Notch signaling in vivo. Blood. 2012;119:3585-94 pubmed publisher..Finally, evidence that cpa5 expression colocalizes with lmo2 in the absence of hematopoietic stem cells revealed that definitive mast cells initially delineate from ..
- ..Here, we provide a broad overview of vertebrate hematopoiesis. We also highlight the benefits of using zebrafish as a model...
- Takeuchi M, Fuse Y, Watanabe M, Andrea C, Takeuchi M, Nakajima H, et al. LSD1/KDM1A promotes hematopoietic commitment of hemangioblasts through downregulation of Etv2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13922-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the LSD1-dependent shutdown of Etv2 gene expression may be a significant event required for hemangioblasts to initiate hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..VPA may be a promising choice in the molecular targeting therapy of RUNX1-Evi-1-related leukemia. ..
- Ma A, Fan A, Ward A, Liongue C, Lewis R, Cheng S, et al. A novel zebrafish jak2a(V581F) model shared features of human JAK2(V617F) polycythemia vera. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1379-1386.e4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated a zebrafish ortholog of human JAK2(V617F) (referred herewith jak2a(V581F)) by site-directed mutagenesis and examined its relevance as a model of human PV...
- Kramer J, Granier C, Davis S, Piso K, Hand J, Rabson A, et al. PDCD2 controls hematopoietic stem cell differentiation during development. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:58-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the effects of pdcd2 in regulating mitotic cell death may contribute to its role(s) in directing hematopoietic differentiation during development...
- Alcaraz Pérez F, García Castillo J, García Moreno D, López Muñoz A, Anchelin M, Angosto D, et al. A non-canonical function of telomerase RNA in the regulation of developmental myelopoiesis in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2014;5:3228 pubmed publisher..The alteration in spi1 and gata1 levels occurs through stimulation of gcsf and mcsf. Our model of TR deficiency in the zebrafish illuminates the non-canonical roles of TR, and could establish therapeutic targets for DC. ..
- Bian S, Zheng X, Sun H, Chen J, Lu Y, Liu Y, et al. Clock1a affects mesoderm development and primitive hematopoiesis by regulating Nodal-Smad3 signaling in the zebrafish embryo. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:14165-14175 pubmed publisher..of the mesodermal markers ntl, gsc, and eve1 and of the hematopoietic markers scl, lmo2, and fli1a Biochemical analyses revealed that Clock1a stimulates Nodal signaling by increasing ..
- Lane M, Runko A, Roy N, SAGERSTROM C. Dynamic expression and regulation by Fgf8 and Pou2 of the zebrafish LIM-only gene, lmo4. Mech Dev. 2002;119 Suppl 1:S185-9 pubmed..We demonstrate that expression in the rostral hindbrain requires acerebellar (ace/fgf8) and spiel ohne grenzen (spg/pou2) activity. ..
- Juarez M, Su F, Chun S, Kiel M, Lyons S. Distinct roles for SCL in erythroid specification and maturation in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41636-44 pubmed..Our results revealed that Scl participates in multiple processes requiring different levels and functions. Further, we identified an Scl hypomorphic phenotype distinct from the null state. ..
- McReynolds L, Gupta S, Figueroa M, Mullins M, Evans T. Smad1 and Smad5 differentially regulate embryonic hematopoiesis. Blood. 2007;110:3881-90 pubmed..revealed that the 2 proteins redundantly regulate the key initiators of the hemato-vascular program, including scl, lmo2, and gfi1...
- O Sullivan L, Noor S, Trengove M, Lewis R, Liongue C, Sprigg N, et al. Suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 regulates embryonic myelopoiesis independently of its effects on T cell development. J Immunol. 2011;186:4751-61 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate a conserved role for SOCS1 in T cell development and suggest a novel T cell-independent function in embryonic myelopoiesis mediated, at least in part, via its effects on receptors using the Jak2-Stat5 pathway. ..
- Zhang Y, Duc A, Rao S, Sun X, Bilbee A, Rhodes M, et al. Control of hematopoietic stem cell emergence by antagonistic functions of ribosomal protein paralogs. Dev Cell. 2013;24:411-25 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, circumstances that tip the balance of these paralogs in favor of Rpl22 (e.g., Rpl22l1 knockdown or Rpl22 overexpression) result in repression of Smad1 and blockade of HSC emergence...
- Gao L, Li D, Ma K, Zhang W, Xu T, Fu C, et al. TopBP1 Governs Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Survival in Zebrafish Definitive Hematopoiesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates a novel and vital role of TopBP1 in the maintenance of HSPCs genome integrity and survival during hematopoietic progenitor expansion. ..
- Rampon C, Bouzaffour M, Ostuni M, Dufourcq P, Girard C, Freyssinet J, et al. Translocator protein (18 kDa) is involved in primitive erythropoiesis in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2009;23:4181-92 pubmed publisher..Although unexpected, this lack of blood cells is independent of the Tspo cholesterol binding site and reveals a new in vivo key role for Tspo during erythropoiesis. ..
- Liang D, Jia W, Li J, Li K, Zhao Q. Retinoic acid signaling plays a restrictive role in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30865 pubmed publisher..RA treatment significantly reduces expressions of anterior hemangioblast markers scl, lmo2, gata2 and etsrp in the rostral end of ALPM (anterior lateral plate mesoderm) of the embryos...
- Weiss O, Kaufman R, Michaeli N, Inbal A. Abnormal vasculature interferes with optic fissure closure in lmo2 mutant zebrafish embryos. Dev Biol. 2012;369:191-8 pubmed publisher..Here we show that a loss-of-function mutation in lmo2, a gene specifically required for hematopoiesis and vascular development, results in failure of optic fissure ..
- Kinna G, Kolle G, Carter A, Key B, Lieschke G, Perkins A, et al. Knockdown of zebrafish crim1 results in a bent tail phenotype with defects in somite and vascular development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:277-87 pubmed..24 hpf, morphants displayed an expansion of the ventral mesoderm-derived ICM, as evidenced by expansion of tal1, lmo2 and crim1 itself...
- Li J, Li K, Dong X, Liang D, Zhao Q. Ncor1 and Ncor2 play essential but distinct roles in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1544-53 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, overexpressing tal1/lmo2 could well rescue the defective myelopoiesis in both ncor1 and ncor2 morphants...
- Ren C, Wang L, Jia X, Liu Y, Dong Z, Jin Y, et al. Activated N-Ras signaling regulates arterial-venous specification in zebrafish. J Hematol Oncol. 2013;6:34 pubmed publisher..constitutively active form of human N-Ras in zebrafish endothelial and hematopoietic cells driven by the zebrafish lmo2 promoter...
- Taneda T, Zhu W, Cao Q, Watanabe H, Yamaguchi Y, Handa H, et al. Erythropoiesis is regulated by the transcription elongation factor Foggy/Spt5 through gata1 gene regulation. Genes Cells. 2011;16:231-42 pubmed publisher..By contrast, expression of hematopoietic stem cell and endothelial markers, including scl, lmo2, gata2, fli-1, and flk-1, and expression of biklf, whose product directs gata1 expression via its direct binding to ..
- Li X, Xiong J, Shelley C, Park H, Arnaout M. The transcription factor ZBP-89 controls generation of the hematopoietic lineage in zebrafish and mouse embryonic stem cells. Development. 2006;133:3641-50 pubmed..These findings establish a unique regulatory role for ZBP-89, positioned at the interface between early blood and blood vessel development. ..
- Cui B, Ren L, Xu Q, Yin L, Zhou X, Liu J. Silver_ nanoparticles inhibited erythrogenesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:295-305 pubmed publisher..Finally, it was pointed out that AgNPs affected erythrogenesis mostly by their particles other than their releasing ions. ..
- Wan X, Hu B, Liu J, Feng X, Xiao W. Zebrafish mll gene is essential for hematopoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:33345-57 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that zebrafish mll plays essential roles in hematopoiesis and that gadd45?a may serve as a potential downstream target for mediating the function of mll in hematopoiesis. ..
- Moore J, Sheppard Tindell S, Shestopalov I, Yamazoe S, Chen J, Lawson N. Post-transcriptional mechanisms contribute to Etv2 repression during vascular development. Dev Biol. 2013;384:128-40 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that etv2 acts during early development to specify endothelial lineages and is then down-regulated, in part through post-transcriptional repression by microRNAs, to allow normal vascular development. ..
- Chung M, Ma A, Fung T, Leung A. Characterization of Sry-related HMG box group F genes in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:986-998.e5 pubmed publisher..sox32 affected both vascular and hematopoietic development through its effects on medial migration of the hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors. ..
- Soza Ried C, Hess I, Netuschil N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. Essential role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is evolutionarily conserved. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17304-8 pubmed publisher..Our results, therefore, suggest that the key role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is similar to that in mammals and must have become established early in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Qian F, Zhen F, Ong C, Jin S, Meng Soo H, Stainier D, et al. Microarray analysis of zebrafish cloche mutant using amplified cDNA and identification of potential downstream target genes. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:1163-72 pubmed..Our study provides valuable information for studying hematopoiesis and vessel formation. The method described here offers a powerful tool for gene expression profiling of zebrafish mutants in general. ..
- Hart D, Santra M, Raha T, Green M. Selective interaction between Trf3 and Taf3 required for early development and hematopoiesis. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2540-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide evidence that TRF3 and TAF3 are also required for hematopoiesis initiation in the mouse. ..
- Saito R, Tabata Y, Muto A, Arai K, Watanabe S. Melk-like kinase plays a role in hematopoiesis in the zebra fish. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6682-93 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that the zMelk-like gene may play a role in primitive hematopoiesis by affecting the expression of genes critical for hematopoiesis. ..
- Li H, Yue R, Wei B, Gao G, Du J, Pei G. Lysophosphatidic acid acts as a nutrient-derived developmental cue to regulate early hematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2014;33:1383-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we identified LPA as an important nutrient-derived developmental cue for primitive hematopoiesis as well as a novel mechanism of hemangioblast regulation. ..
- Alt B, Elsalini O, Schrumpf P, Haufs N, Lawson N, Schwabe G, et al. Arteries define the position of the thyroid gland during its developmental relocalisation. Development. 2006;133:3797-804 pubmed..Moreover, the involvement of vessels in thyroid relocalisation sheds new light on the interpretation of congenital thyroid defects in humans. ..
- Meng S, Matrone G, Lv J, Chen K, Wong W, Cooke J. LIM Domain Only 2 Regulates Endothelial Proliferation, Angiogenesis, and Tissue Regeneration. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmedb>LIM domain only 2 (LMO2, human gene) is a key transcription factor that regulates hematopoiesis and vascular development. However, its role in adult endothelial function has been incompletely characterized...
- Shu L, Zhou Z, Zhou T, Deng M, Dong M, Chen Y, et al. Ectopic expression of Hoxb4a in hemangioblasts promotes hematopoietic development in early embryogenesis of zebrafish. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2015;42:1275-86 pubmed publisher..enhanced green fluorescent protein (EGFP)-tagged Hoxb4a protein under the control of hemangioblast-specific lmo2 promoter...
- Langenau D, Zon L. The zebrafish: a new model of T-cell and thymic development. Nat Rev Immunol. 2005;5:307-17 pubmed..Finally, we summarize the use of the zebrafish as a new model for assessing stem-cell function and for drug discovery. ..
- Berman J, Kanki J, Look A. Zebrafish as a model for myelopoiesis during embryogenesis. Exp Hematol. 2005;33:997-1006 pubmed
- Liu F, Yao S, Zhang T, Xiao C, Shang Y, Liu J, et al. Kzp regulates the transcription of gata2 and pu.1 during primitive hematopoiesis in zebrafish embryos. J Genet Genomics. 2012;39:463-71 pubmed publisher..gata1 expression controlled by Kzp was dependent on gata2 during primitive erythropoiesis. Our results indicate that Kzp is a critical transcriptional factor for the expression of gata2 and pu.1 to modulate primitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Blackburn J, Liu S, Raiser D, Martinez S, Feng H, Meeker N, et al. Notch signaling expands a pre-malignant pool of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia clones without affecting leukemia-propagating cell frequency. Leukemia. 2012;26:2069-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that a primary role of Notch signaling in T-ALL is to expand a population of pre-malignant thymocytes, of which a subset acquire the necessary mutations to become fully transformed LPCs. ..
- Stijf Bultsma Y, Sommer L, Tauber M, Baalbaki M, Giardoglou P, Jones D, et al. The basal transcription complex component TAF3 transduces changes in nuclear phosphoinositides into transcriptional output. Mol Cell. 2015;58:453-67 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals TAF3 as a direct target of nuclear PI and further illustrates the importance of basal transcription components as signal transducers. ..
- Ma A, Chung M, Liang R, Leung A. The role of survivin2 in primitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish development. Leukemia. 2009;23:712-20 pubmed publisher..sur2 MO also downregulated genes associated with hematopoietic stem cells (scl, lmo2), erythroid (gata1, alpha- and beta-embryonic hemoglobins) as well as early (pu...
- Torregroza I, Holtzinger A, Mendelson K, Liu T, Hla T, Evans T. Regulation of a vascular plexus by gata4 is mediated in zebrafish through the chemokine sdf1a. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46844 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that the gata4 gene regulates sdf1a levels during early embryogenesis, which impacts embryonic patterning and subsequently the development of the caudal vascular plexus. ..
- Keightley M, Carradice D, Layton J, Pase L, Bertrand J, Wittig J, et al. The Pu.1 target gene Zbtb11 regulates neutrophil development through its integrase-like HHCC zinc finger. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14911 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the PU.1-ZBTB11-TP53 pathway is conserved from fish to mammals. Finally, Zbtb11 mutant rescue experiments point to a ZBTB11-regulated TP53 requirement in development of other organs. ..
- Ferri Lagneau K, Moshal K, Grimes M, Zahora B, Lv L, Sang S, et al. Ginger stimulates hematopoiesis via Bmp pathway in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39327 pubmed publisher..At later stages ginger and 10-gingerol can induce bmp2b/7a, cmyb, scl and lmo2 expression in the caudal hematopoietic tissue area...
- He B, Shi X, Man C, Ma A, Ekker S, Chow H, et al. Functions of flt3 in zebrafish hematopoiesis and its relevance to human acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2014;123:2518-29 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel insight into the role of flt3 during hematopoiesis and establishes a zebrafish model of FLT3-ITD(+) and FLT3-TKD(+) AML that may facilitate high-throughput screening of novel and personalized agents. ..
- Dong M, Fu Y, Du T, Jing C, Fu C, Chen Y, et al. Heritable and lineage-specific gene knockdown in zebrafish embryo. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6125 pubmed publisher..The strategy should be also applicable to other model organisms. ..