Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lhx2b
Description: LIM homeobox 2b
Alias: bel, lhx2, zgc:152707, LIM/homeobox protein Lhx2, LIM homeobox 2, LIM homeodomain type transcription factor Lhx2, belladonna
- Förster D, Arnold Ammer I, Laurell E, Barker A, Fernandes A, Finger Baier K, et al. Genetic targeting and anatomical registration of neuronal populations in the zebrafish brain with a new set of BAC transgenic tools. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5230 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study offers new tools for functional studies of specific neural circuits in zebrafish. ..
- Muto A, Orger M, Wehman A, Smear M, Kay J, Page McCaw P, et al. Forward genetic analysis of visual behavior in zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2005;1:e66 pubmed..This collection of zebrafish behavioral mutants provides a novel resource for the study of normal vision and its genetic disorders. ..
- Neuhauss S. Behavioral genetic approaches to visual system development and function in zebrafish. J Neurobiol. 2003;54:148-60 pubmed..Here, I summarize visually mediated behaviors of both larval and adult zebrafish and their applicability for genetic screens, and present, the approaches and results of visual behavior carried out to date. ..
- Eichenbaum J, Cinaroglu A, Eichenbaum K, Sadler K. A zebrafish retinal graded photochemical stress model. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2009;59:121-7 pubmed publisher..The phenotypic and genetic changes observed from this model can serve as a basis for understanding the pathology of retinal oxidative and cellular stress. These changes may aid our understanding of aging and macular degeneration. ..
- Takano A, Zochi R, Hibi M, Terashima T, Katsuyama Y. Function of strawberry notch family genes in the zebrafish brain development. Kobe J Med Sci. 2011;56:E220-30 pubmed..Knockdown of sbno1 specifically affects regionalization along the anterior-posterior axis of the brain. These results suggest essential roles of sbno genes in vertebrate brain development. ..
- Huber Reggi S, Chen C, Grimm L, Straumann D, Neuhauss S, Huang M. Severity of infantile nystagmus syndrome-like ocular motor phenotype is linked to the extent of the underlying optic nerve projection defect in zebrafish belladonna mutant. J Neurosci. 2012;32:18079-86 pubmed publisher..Likewise, optic nerve misrouting, a reversed OKR and SOs with INS-like waveforms are observed in zebrafish belladonna (bel) mutants...
- De Felice E, Porreca I, Alleva E, De Girolamo P, Ambrosino C, Ciriaco E, et al. Localization of BDNF expression in the developing brain of zebrafish. J Anat. 2014;224:564-74 pubmed publisher..Anatomical criteria and co-staining with genetic markers (shh, pax2a, emx1, krox20, lhx2b and lhx9) visualized major topological domains of BDNF-positive cells in the pallium, hypothalamus, posterior ..
- Take uchi M, Clarke J, Wilson S. Hedgehog signalling maintains the optic stalk-retinal interface through the regulation of Vax gene activity. Development. 2003;130:955-68 pubmed..Finally, we show that Pax2.1 and Vax1/Vax2 are likely to act in parallel downstream of Hh activity and that the bel locus (yet to be cloned) mediates the ability of Hh-, and perhaps Fgf-, signals to induce Vax expression in the ..
- Huang Y, Tschopp M, Straumann D, Neuhauss S. Vestibular deficits do not underlie looping behavior in achiasmatic fish. Commun Integr Biol. 2010;3:379-81 pubmedZebrafish belladonna (bel) mutants carry a mutation in the lhx2 gene that encodes a Lim domain homeobox transcription factor, leading to a defect in the retinotectal axon pathfinding...
- Ando H, Okamoto H. Efficient transfection strategy for the spatiotemporal control of gene expression in zebrafish. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2006;8:295-303 pubmed..Co-lipofection of MO and GFP mRNA to the presumptive head region resulted in brain-specific knockdown of the gene in mid-stage embryos. ..
- Chen L, Zheng J, Yang N, Li H, Guo S. Genomic selection identifies vertebrate transcription factor Fezf2 binding sites and target genes. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:18641-9 pubmed publisher..function, gain of function, and chromatin immunoprecipitation, we further identified and validated eomesa/tbr2 and lhx2b as biologically relevant target genes of Fezf2...