Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lepr
Description: leptin receptor
Alias: obr, leptin receptor
- Marín Juez R, Jong Raadsen S, Yang S, Spaink H. Hyperinsulinemia induces insulin resistance and immune suppression via Ptpn6/Shp1 in zebrafish. J Endocrinol. 2014;222:229-41 pubmed publisher..In addition, our data will be very useful in further studies of the function of immunological determinants in a non-obese model system. ..
- Gupta A, Christensen R, Rayla A, Lakshmanan A, Stormo G, Wolfe S. An optimized two-finger archive for ZFN-mediated gene targeting. Nat Methods. 2012;9:588-90 pubmed publisher..Using this archive, we introduced lesions at 9 of 11 target sites in the zebrafish genome. ..
- Dalman M, Liu Q, King M, Bagatto B, Londraville R. Leptin expression affects metabolic rate in zebrafish embryos (D. rerio). Front Physiol. 2013;4:160 pubmed publisher..Leptin is established to influence metabolic rate in mammals, and these data suggest leptin signaling also influences metabolic rate in fishes. ..
- Zhao X, Wan J, Powell C, Ramachandran R, Myers M, Goldman D. Leptin and IL-6 family cytokines synergize to stimulate Müller glia reprogramming and retina regeneration. Cell Rep. 2014;9:272-284 pubmed publisher..Our study not only furthers our understanding of retina regeneration in zebrafish but also suggests new strategies for awakening retina regeneration in mammals. ..
- Michel M, Page McCaw P, Chen W, Cone R. Leptin signaling regulates glucose homeostasis, but not adipostasis, in the zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:3084-9 pubmed publisher..Although leptin and the leptin receptor are found in fish, the hormone is not expressed in adipose tissue, but is found in liver and other tissues...
- Liu Q, Chen Y, Copeland D, Ball H, Duff R, Rockich B, et al. Expression of leptin receptor gene in developing and adult zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2010;166:346-55 pubmed publisher..In this study we analyzed expression pattern of a zebrafish leptin receptor gene in both developing and adult zebrafish using in situ hybridization and Q-PCR methods...
- Forner Piquer I, Maradonna F, Gioacchini G, Santangeli S, Allarà M, Piscitelli F, et al. Dose-Specific Effects of Di-Isononyl Phthalate on the Endocannabinoid System and on Liver of Female Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3462-3476 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that replacement of DEHP with DiNP should be considered with caution because of observed adverse DiNP effects on aquatic organisms. ..