Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lef1
Description: lymphoid enhancer-binding factor 1
Alias: lymphoid enhancer-binding factor 1, etID310027.1, lymphocyte enhancer binding factor 1
- Lee J, Wu S, Goering L, Dorsky R. Canonical Wnt signaling through Lef1 is required for hypothalamic neurogenesis. Development. 2006;133:4451-61 pubmed..We report that canonical Wnt signaling acts through Lef1 to regulate neurogenesis in the zebrafish hypothalamus...
- Stewart S, Tsun Z, Izpisua Belmonte J. A histone demethylase is necessary for regeneration in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19889-94 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that histone modifications at discreet genomic positions may serve as a crucial regulatory event in the initiation of fin regeneration. ..
- Lee Y, Hami D, De Val S, Kagermeier Schenk B, Wills A, Black B, et al. Maintenance of blastemal proliferation by functionally diverse epidermis in regenerating zebrafish fins. Dev Biol. 2009;331:270-80 pubmed publisher..Proximal epidermal subtypes express the transcription factor lef1 and the blastemal mitogen shh, while distal subtypes express the Fgf target gene pea3 and wnt5b, an inhibitor of ..
- Stoick Cooper C, Weidinger G, Riehle K, Hubbert C, Major M, Fausto N, et al. Distinct Wnt signaling pathways have opposing roles in appendage regeneration. Development. 2007;134:479-89 pubmed..These data suggest that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes regeneration, whereas a distinct pathway activated by wnt5b acts in a negative-feedback loop to limit regeneration. ..
- Chen X, Lou Q, He J, Yin Z. Role of zebrafish lbx2 in embryonic lateral line development. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29515 pubmed publisher..In addition, the disassociation of PPL nerve extension with PLL primordial migration in some lbx2 morphants suggests that pathfinding of the PLL primordium and the lateral line nerve may be regulated independently. ..
- Gamba L, Cubedo N, Lutfalla G, Ghysen A, Dambly Chaudiere C. Lef1 controls patterning and proliferation in the posterior lateral line system of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3163-71 pubmed publisher..Here, we examine the role of a major effector of Wnt signaling, lef1, in this system...
- Wada H, Dambly Chaudiere C, Kawakami K, Ghysen A. Innervation is required for sense organ development in the lateral line system of adult zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:5659-64 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that innervation is required not only for budding, but also for long-term maintenance of all PLL neuromasts. ..
- Wang X, Kopinke D, Lin J, McPherson A, Duncan R, Otsuna H, et al. Wnt signaling regulates postembryonic hypothalamic progenitor differentiation. Dev Cell. 2012;23:624-36 pubmed publisher..This study establishes the vertebrate hypothalamus as a model for Wnt-regulated postembryonic neural progenitor differentiation and defines specific roles for Wnt signaling in neurogenesis. ..
- Phillips B, Kwon H, Melton C, Houghtaling P, Fritz A, Riley B. Zebrafish msxB, msxC and msxE function together to refine the neural-nonneural border and regulate cranial placodes and neural crest development. Dev Biol. 2006;294:376-90 pubmed..These data suggest that mutual antagonism between Msx and Dlx proteins achieves a balance of function required for normal preplacodal differentiation and placement of the neural-nonneural border. ..
- Nyholm M, Wu S, Dorsky R, Grinblat Y. The zebrafish zic2a-zic5 gene pair acts downstream of canonical Wnt signaling to control cell proliferation in the developing tectum. Development. 2007;134:735-46 pubmed..Collectively these findings suggest that Wnts control midbrain proliferation, at least in part, through regulation of two novel target genes, the zic2a-zic5 gene pair. ..
- Matsuda M, Nogare D, Somers K, Martin K, Wang C, Chitnis A. Lef1 regulates Dusp6 to influence neuromast formation and spacing in the zebrafish posterior lateral line primordium. Development. 2013;140:2387-97 pubmed publisher..Previous studies showed that neuromasts are deposited closer together and the PLLp terminates prematurely in lef1-deficient zebrafish embryos...
- Valdivia L, Young R, Hawkins T, Stickney H, Cavodeassi F, Schwarz Q, et al. Lef1-dependent Wnt/?-catenin signalling drives the proliferative engine that maintains tissue homeostasis during lateral line development. Development. 2011;138:3931-41 pubmed publisher..In this study, we identify a null mutation in the Wnt-pathway transcription factor Lef1 and show that its activity is required to maintain proliferation in the progenitor pool of cells that sustains the ..
- Nagayoshi S, Hayashi E, Abe G, Osato N, Asakawa K, Urasaki A, et al. Insertional mutagenesis by the Tol2 transposon-mediated enhancer trap approach generated mutations in two developmental genes: tcf7 and synembryn-like. Development. 2008;135:159-69 pubmed..We knocked down Lef1, another member of the Tcf/Lef family also expressed in the fin bud, in the tcf7 mutant, and revealed functional ..
- Lush M, Piotrowski T. ErbB expressing Schwann cells control lateral line progenitor cells via non-cell-autonomous regulation of Wnt/?-catenin. elife. 2014;3:e01832 pubmed publisher..DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01832.001. ..
- Dorsky R, Sheldahl L, Moon R. A transgenic Lef1/beta-catenin-dependent reporter is expressed in spatially restricted domains throughout zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2002;241:229-37 pubmed..Early zygotic expression of this transgene (TOPdGFP) mirrors known domains of Wnt signaling in the embryo. Loss of Lef1 activity results in decreased reporter expression and posterior defects, while loss of Tcf3 (Headless, Hdl) ..
- Nikaido M, Navajas Acedo J, Hatta K, Piotrowski T. Retinoic acid is required and Fgf, Wnt, and Bmp signaling inhibit posterior lateral line placode induction in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2017;431:215-225 pubmed publisher..This is the first report that the aLLp and pLLp depend on different inductive mechanisms and that pLLp induction requires the inhibition of Fgf, Wnt and Bmp signaling. ..
- Olsen J, Wong L, Deimling S, Miles A, Guo H, Li Y, et al. G9a and ZNF644 Physically Associate to Suppress Progenitor Gene Expression during Neurogenesis. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:454-470 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data point to ZNF644 as a critical co-regulator of G9a/H3K9me2-mediated gene silencing during neuronal differentiation. ..
- Dyer C, Blanc E, Stanley R, Knight R. Dissecting the role of Wnt signaling and its interactions with FGF signaling during midbrain neurogenesis. Neurogenesis (Austin). 2015;2:e1057313 pubmed publisher..This highlights the complex nature of the interactions between FGF and Wnt/ bcat and reveals that they act at multiple levels to control each others activity in the midbrain. ..
- Ton Q, Iovine M. Identification of an evx1-dependent joint-formation pathway during FIN regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e81240 pubmed publisher..Indeed, reducing the level of Cx43 in alf (dty86) rescues both the evx1 expression and joint formation. These results suggest that Cx43 influences the pattern of joint formation by influencing the timing of evx1 expression. ..
- Stephens W, Senecal M, Nguyen M, Piotrowski T. Loss of adenomatous polyposis coli (apc) results in an expanded ciliary marginal zone in the zebrafish eye. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2066-77 pubmed publisher..Our results introduce the zebrafish apc mutation as a new model to study signaling pathways regulating the CMZ. ..
- Knútsdóttir H, Zmurchok C, Bhaskar D, Palsson E, Dalle Nogare D, Chitnis A, et al. Polarization and migration in the zebrafish posterior lateral line system. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005451 pubmed publisher..The 3D model demonstrates reasonable behaviour of control as well as mutant phenotypes. ..
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrated that genes encoding Wnt signaling members Wnt5b, Fz2, Fz7b, Lef1, Tcf3 were expressed in different layers of swimbladder...
- Felber K, Elks P, Lecca M, Roehl H. Expression of osterix Is Regulated by FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signalling during Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144982 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose that FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathways act in part by directing transcription of osx to promote osteoblast differentiation at sites of bone formation. ..
- Sharma M, Denovan Wright E, Degrave A, Thisse C, Thisse B, Wright J. Sequence, linkage mapping and early developmental expression of the intestinal-type fatty acid-binding protein gene (fabp2) from zebrafish (Danio rerio). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2004;138:391-8 pubmed..Expression in YSL, liver or pancreas has not been previously reported for fish or mammalian I-FABP genes and may be related to specific physiological differences between fishes and mammals. ..
- He Y, Lu X, Qian F, Liu D, Chai R, Li H. Insm1a Is Required for Zebrafish Posterior Lateral Line Development. Front Mol Neurosci. 2017;10:241 pubmed publisher..i>Insm1a knockdown also perturbed the expression patterns of chemokine signaling genes. Taken together, this study reveals a pivotal role for Insm1a in regulating pLL development during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- Ishitani T, Matsumoto K, Chitnis A, Itoh M. Nrarp functions to modulate neural-crest-cell differentiation by regulating LEF1 protein stability. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1106-12 pubmed..Nrarp stabilizes LEF1 protein, a pivotal transcription factor in the Wnt signalling cascade, by blocking LEF1 ubiquitination...
- Hübner K, Grassme K, Rao J, Wenke N, Zimmer C, Korte L, et al. Wnt signaling positively regulates endothelial cell fate specification in the Fli1a-positive progenitor population via Lef1. Dev Biol. 2017;430:142-155 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we show that mesodermal Wnt3a-mediated signaling via the transcription factor Lef1 positively regulates EC specification (defined by kdrl expression) at the expense of primitive erythrocyte ..
- Thorimbert V, KÃ¶nig D, Marro J, Ruggiero F, JaÅºwiÅ„ska A. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling promotes morphogenesis of blood vessels, wound epidermis, and actinotrichia during fin regeneration in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2015;29:4299-312 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a multifaceted role of BMP for coordinated morphogenesis of distinct tissues during regeneration of a complex vertebrate appendage. ..
- Lin M, Lee S. Stathmin-like 4 is critical for the maintenance of neural progenitor cells in dorsal midbrain of zebrafish larvae. Sci Rep. 2016;6:36188 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the Wnt-mediated Stmn4 homeostasis is crucial for preventing dorsal midbrain from premature differentiation via the G2 phase control during the neural keel stage. ..
- Dahlem T, Hoshijima K, Jurynec M, Gunther D, Starker C, Locke A, et al. Simple methods for generating and detecting locus-specific mutations induced with TALENs in the zebrafish genome. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002861 pubmed publisher..In all, it takes about two weeks to create a target-specific TALEN and generate growing embryos that harbor an array of germ line mutations at a pre-specified locus. ..
- Stanganello E, Hagemann A, Mattes B, Sinner C, Meyen D, Weber S, et al. Filopodia-based Wnt transport during vertebrate tissue patterning. Nat Commun. 2015;6:5846 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we show that a filopodia-based transport system for Wnt8a controls anteroposterior patterning of the neural plate during vertebrate gastrulation. ..
- Lee Y, Kim Y, Yun J, Lee C. Valproic acid decreases the proliferation of telencephalic cells in zebrafish larvae. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2013;39:91-9 pubmed publisher..qRT-PCR) data indicated that mRNA expression levels of wnt signaling pathway-related factors such as ?-catenin, lef1, and gsk3? were altered in the zebrafish treated with VPA...
- Romero Carvajal A, Navajas Acedo J, Jiang L, Kozlovskaja GumbrienÄ— A, Alexander R, Li H, et al. Regeneration of Sensory Hair Cells Requires Localized Interactions between the Notch and Wnt Pathways. Dev Cell. 2015;34:267-82 pubmed publisher..The striking similaritiesÂ toÂ other vertebrate stem cell compartments uniquely place zebrafish to help elucidate why mammals possess such low capacity to regenerate hair cells. ..
- Mateus R, LourenÃ§o R, Fang Y, Brito G, Farinho A, ValÃ©rio F, et al. Control of tissue growth by Yap relies on cell density and F-actin in zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2015;142:2752-63 pubmed publisher..We propose that Yap is essential for fin regeneration and that its function is dependent on mechanical tension, conferred by a balancing act of cell density and cytoskeleton activity. ..
- Kawakami Y, Rodriguez Esteban C, Raya M, Kawakami H, Marti M, Dubova I, et al. Wnt/beta-catenin signaling regulates vertebrate limb regeneration. Genes Dev. 2006;20:3232-7 pubmed..Our studies may provide valuable insights toward a better understanding of adult tissue regeneration. ..
- Willems B, Tao S, Yu T, Huysseune A, Witten P, Winkler C. The Wnt Co-Receptor Lrp5 Is Required for Cranial Neural Crest Cell Migration in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131768 pubmed publisher..To date, Lrp5 has mainly been associated with bone homeostasis in mammals. Here we show that in zebrafish, lrp5 also controls cell migration during early morphogenetic processes and contributes to shaping the craniofacial skeleton. ..
- Tuttle A, Hoffman T, Schilling T. Rabconnectin-3a regulates vesicle endocytosis and canonical Wnt signaling in zebrafish neural crest migration. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001852 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that different v-ATPases and associated proteins may play cell-type-specific functions in intracellular trafficking in many contexts...
- Xia W, Hu J, Liu F, Ma J, Sun S, Zhang J, et al. New role of LRP5, associated with nonsyndromic autosomal-recessive hereditary hearing loss. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:1421-1431 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the LRP5 mutation influences cell proliferation through the Wnt signaling pathway, thereby reducing the number of supporting cells and hair cells and leading to nonsyndromic hearing loss in this Chinese family. ..
- Geurtzen K, Knopf F, Wehner D, Huitema L, Schulte Merker S, Weidinger G. Mature osteoblasts dedifferentiate in response to traumatic bone injury in the zebrafish fin and skull. Development. 2014;141:2225-34 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a fundamental role for osteoblast dedifferentiation in reparative bone formation in fish and indicate that adult fish osteoblasts display elevated cellular plasticity compared with mammalian bone-forming cells. ..
- Ro H, Dawid I. Modulation of Tcf3 repressor complex composition regulates cdx4 expression in zebrafish. EMBO J. 2011;30:2894-907 pubmed publisher..We propose that the modulation of Tcf3 repressor function by E4f1 assures precise and robust regulation of cdx4 expression in the caudal domain of the embryo. ..
- Eroglu B, Wang G, Tu N, Sun X, Mivechi N. Critical role of Brg1 member of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex during neurogenesis and neural crest induction in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2722-35 pubmed..This is exhibited by the aberrant brain patterning, a reduction in the sensory neurons, and craniofacial defects. These results further elucidate the critical role for Brg1 in neurogenesis, neural crest induction, and differentiation. ..
- Xing C, Gong B, Xue Y, Han Y, Wang Y, Meng A, et al. TGFÎ²1a regulates zebrafish posterior lateral line formation via Smad5 mediated pathway. J Mol Cell Biol. 2015;7:48-61 pubmed publisher..Therefore, TGFÎ²/Smad5 signaling plays an important role in the zebrafish lateral line formation. ..
- Wylie A, Fleming J, Whitener A, Lekven A. Post-transcriptional regulation of wnt8a is essential to zebrafish axis development. Dev Biol. 2014;386:53-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, post-transcriptional control of wnt8a is essential to fine tune the balance of the signaling outputs of the complex wnt8a locus. ..
- Thatcher E, Paydar I, Anderson K, Patton J. Regulation of zebrafish fin regeneration by microRNAs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:18384-9 pubmed publisher..We also showed that miR-203 directly targets the Wnt signaling transcription factor Lef1 during this process...
- Hagemann A, Kurz J, Kauffeld S, Chen Q, Reeves P, Weber S, et al. In vivo analysis of formation and endocytosis of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling complex in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:3970-82 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Ap2?2-mediated endocytosis is important to maintain Wnt/?-catenin signaling in vertebrates. ..
- Yin A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Perturbation of zebrafish swimbladder development by enhancing Wnt signaling in Wif1 morphants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:236-44 pubmed publisher..Our works established the importance of proper level of Wnt signaling for normal development of swimbladder in zebrafish. ..
- Russek Blum N, Gutnick A, Nabel Rosen H, Blechman J, Staudt N, Dorsky R, et al. Dopaminergic neuronal cluster size is determined during early forebrain patterning. Development. 2008;135:3401-13 pubmed publisher..that Wnt8b is a modulator of DA cell number that acts through the Fz8a (Fzd8a) receptor and its downstream effector Lef1, and which requires the activity of the Fezl (Fezf2) transcription factor for this process...
- Pfefferli C, Muller F, Jazwinska A, Wicky C. Specific NuRD components are required for fin regeneration in zebrafish. BMC Biol. 2014;12:30 pubmed publisher..These results provide in vivo evidence for the involvement of key epigenetic factors in the cellular reprogramming processes occurring during epimorphic regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Schall K, Thornton M, Isani M, Holoyda K, Hou X, Lien C, et al. Short bowel syndrome results in increased gene expression associated with proliferation, inflammation, bile acid synthesis and immune system activation: RNA sequencing a zebrafish SBS model. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:23 pubmed publisher..Gene expression of ctnnb1, ccnb1, ccnd1, cyp7a1a, dkk3, ifng1-2, igf2a, il1b, lef1, nos2b, saa1, stat3, tnfa and wnt5a were confirmed to be elevated in SBS by RT-qPCR...
- Venero Galanternik M, Lush M, Piotrowski T. Glypican4 modulates lateral line collective cell migration non cell-autonomously. Dev Biol. 2016;419:321-335 pubmed publisher..Our results show that glypican4 has distinct functions in primordium cells and cells in the environment and that both of these functions are essential for collective cell migration. ..
- Wehner D, Tsarouchas T, Michael A, Haase C, Weidinger G, Reimer M, et al. Wnt signaling controls pro-regenerative Collagen XII in functional spinal cord regeneration in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:126 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors show that Wnt/?-catenin signaling in fibroblast-like cells at a lesion activates axon re-growth via deposition of Collagen XII. ..
- Liu W, Chen J, Hsu C, Li Y, Chen Y, Lin C, et al. A zebrafish model of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma by dual expression of hepatitis B virus X and hepatitis C virus core protein in liver. Hepatology. 2012;56:2268-76 pubmed publisher..These results reveal that TGF-?1 plays an important role in HBx- and HCP-induced ICC development. This in vivo model is a potential approach to study the molecular events of fibrosis and ICC occurring in HBV and HCV infection. ..
- Angers A, Drapeau P. Itch is required for lateral line development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e111799 pubmed publisher..Itch knockdown results in a failure to down-regulate Wnt signaling and overexpression of cxcr4b in the primordium, slowing migration of the posterior lateral line primordium and resulting in abnormal development of the lateral line. ..
- Mahmoudi T, Boj S, Hatzis P, Li V, Taouatas N, Vries R, et al. The leukemia-associated Mllt10/Af10-Dot1l are Tcf4/?-catenin coactivators essential for intestinal homeostasis. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000539 pubmed publisher..The methyltransferase DOT1L may present an attractive candidate for drug targeting in colorectal cancer. ..
- Bonkowsky J, Wang X, Fujimoto E, Lee J, Chien C, Dorsky R. Domain-specific regulation of foxP2 CNS expression by lef1. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:103 pubmed publisher..We report here that lef1, a member of the Lef/Tcf family of transcription factors activated by Wnt signaling, regulates foxP2 during ..
- McGraw H, Culbertson M, Nechiporuk A. Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3212-21 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a novel mechanism in which Kremen1 modulates Wnt activity by restricting the range of secreted Dkk proteins during collective cell migration in the pLLP. ..
- Sang Q, Zhang J, Feng R, Wang X, Li Q, Zhao X, et al. Ildr1b is essential for semicircular canal development, migration of the posterior lateral line primordium and hearing ability in zebrafish: implications for a role in the recessive hearing impairment DFNB42. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6201-11 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Ildr1b is crucial for the development of the inner ear and the lateral line system. This study provides the first evidence for the mechanism of Ildr1b on hearing in vivo and sheds light on the pathology of DFNB42. ..
- He X, Zhang W, Yan C, Nie F, Li C, Liu X, et al. Chemical biology reveals CARF as a positive regulator of canonical Wnt signaling by promoting TCF/Î²-catenin transcriptional activity. Cell Discov. 2017;3:17003 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identified CARF as the cellular target of NC043 and revealed CARF as a positive regulator of Wnt/Î²-catenin signal transduction. ..
- Benini A, Cignarella F, Calvarini L, Mantovanelli S, Giacopuzzi E, Zizioli D, et al. slc7a6os gene plays a critical role in defined areas of the developing CNS in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119696 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that slc7a6os might play a critical role in defined areas of the developing CNS in vertebrates, probably by regulating the expression of key genes. ..
- Nadauld L, Chidester S, Shelton D, Rai K, Broadbent T, Sandoval I, et al. Dual roles for adenomatous polyposis coli in regulating retinoic acid biosynthesis and Wnt during ocular development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13409-14 pubmed
- He Y, Wang Z, Sun S, Tang D, Li W, Chai R, et al. HDAC3 Is Required for Posterior Lateral Line Development in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5103-17 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that HDAC3 plays a crucial role in regulating posterior lateral line (PLL) formation and provide evidence for epigenetic regulation in auditory organ development. ..
- Ariza Cosano A, Bensimon Brito A, Gomez Skarmeta J, Bessa J. sox21a directs lateral line patterning by modulating FGF signaling. Dev Neurobiol. 2015;75:80-92 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that sox21a is a key player in the pLL primordium patterning, fine-tuning the border of the Fgf and Wnt signaling domains. ..
- Osborn D, Roccasecca R, McMurray F, Hernandez Hernandez V, Mukherjee S, Barroso I, et al. Loss of FTO antagonises Wnt signaling and leads to developmental defects associated with ciliopathies. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e87662 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we present the first evidence that FTO plays a role in development and cilia formation/function. ..
- Paridaen J, Danesin C, Elas A, van de Water S, Houart C, Zivkovic D. Apc1 is required for maintenance of local brain organizers and dorsal midbrain survival. Dev Biol. 2009;331:101-12 pubmed publisher..of beta-catenin and subsequent hyperactivation of Wnt/beta-catenin signalling, which is mainly mediated through LEF1 activity...
- Ruuskanen J, Xhaard H, Marjamäki A, Salaneck E, Salminen T, Yan Y, et al. Identification of duplicated fourth alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtype by cloning and mapping of five receptor genes in zebrafish. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:14-28 pubmed
- He Y, Tang D, Cai C, Chai R, Li H. LSD1 is Required for Hair Cell Regeneration in Zebrafish. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:2421-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, LSD1 plays a critical role in hair cell regeneration and might represent a novel biomarker and potential therapeutic approach for the treatment of hearing loss. ..
- Han H, Chou C, Chu C, Cheng C, Yang C, Hung C, et al. The Nogo-C2/Nogo receptor complex regulates the morphogenesis of zebrafish lateral line primordium through modulating the expression of dkk1b, a Wnt signal inhibitor. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86345 pubmed publisher..We thus suggest that a novel Nogo-C2 complex, consisting of Nogo-C2, NgRH1a, p75, and TROY, regulates Fgf signaling and dkk1b expression, thereby ensuring stable organization of the PLL primordium. ..
- Leung T, Söll I, Arnold S, Kemler R, Driever W. Direct binding of Lef1 to sites in the boz promoter may mediate pre-midblastula-transition activation of boz expression. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:424-32 pubmed..We further identify high-affinity binding sites for Tcf/Lef1 within the boz promoter region...
- Degenhardt K, Milewski R, Padmanabhan A, Miller M, Singh M, Lang D, et al. Distinct enhancers at the Pax3 locus can function redundantly to regulate neural tube and neural crest expressions. Dev Biol. 2010;339:519-27 pubmed publisher..Our analysis suggests the existence of functionally redundant neural crest enhancer modules for Pax3. ..