Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ldha
Description: lactate dehydrogenase A4
Alias: L-lactate dehydrogenase A chain, LDH-A, ldha1
- Jain I, Zazzeron L, Goli R, Alexa K, Schatzman Bone S, Dhillon H, et al. Hypoxia as a therapy for mitochondrial disease. Science. 2016;352:54-61 pubmed publisher..Further preclinical studies are required to assess whether hypoxic exposure can be developed into a safe and effective treatment for human diseases associated with mitochondrial dysfunction. ..
- Almeida D, Bianchini A, Marins L. Growth hormone overexpression generates an unfavorable phenotype in juvenile transgenic zebrafish under hypoxic conditions. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2013;194:102-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings indicate that GH-transgenesis impaired the ability of juvenile zebrafish to sustain an aerobic metabolism and induced anaerobic metabolism when the fish were challenged with low oxygen levels. ..
- Liu X, Cai X, Hu B, Mei Z, Zhang D, Ouyang G, et al. Forkhead Transcription Factor 3a (FOXO3a) Modulates Hypoxia Signaling via Up-regulation of the von Hippel-Lindau Gene (VHL). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25692-25705 pubmed..In conclusion, our findings suggest that, by modulating hypoxia-inducible factor activity via up-regulation of VHL, FOXO3a (foxo3b) plays an important role in survival in response to hypoxic stress. ..
- Tiedke J, Cubuk C, Burmester T. Environmental acidification triggers oxidative stress and enhances globin expression in zebrafish gills. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:624-9 pubmed publisher..These findings agree with the role of globins in oxidative energy metabolism, but may also hint at a specific function in antioxidative defense. ..
- van der Velden Y, Wang L, Zevenhoven J, van Rooijen E, Van Lohuizen M, Giles R, et al. The serine-threonine kinase LKB1 is essential for survival under energetic stress in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4358-63 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish models of Lkb1 inactivation could provide a platform for chemical genetic screens to identify compounds that target accelerated metabolism, a key feature of tumor cells. ..
- Li Y, Tsoi S, Mannen H, Shoei Lung Li S. Phylogenetic analysis of vertebrate lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) multigene families. J Mol Evol. 2002;54:614-24 pubmed..Other gene duplication events were also discovered in Xenopus, the first duplication occurring approximately 60-70 mya in both Ldh-A and Ldh-B, followed by another recent gene duplication event, approximately 20 mya, in Ldh-B. ..
- Xu T, Zhao J, Hu P, Dong Z, Li J, Zhang H, et al. Pentachlorophenol exposure causes Warburg-like effects in zebrafish embryos at gastrulation stage. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:183-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrated that PCP causes a Warburg-like effect on zebrafish embryos during gastrulation, and the affected embryos had the phenotype of developmental delay...
- Chai T, Cui F, Mu P, Yang Y, Xu N, Yin Z, et al. Enantio-alteration of gene transcription associated with bioconcentration in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to chiral PCB149. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19478 pubmed publisher..Hepatic expression levels of genes related to the antioxidant system were significantly negatively correlated with bioconcentration following exposure to (+)-PCB149. ..
- Hyvärinen J, Parikka M, Sormunen R, Ramet M, Tryggvason K, Kivirikko K, et al. Deficiency of a transmembrane prolyl 4-hydroxylase in the zebrafish leads to basement membrane defects and compromised kidney function. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:42023-32 pubmed publisher..Many HIF target genes were induced in the P4H-TM-deficient morphants, but the observed phenotype is not likely to be mediated at least solely via the HIF pathway, and thus P4H-TM probably has additional, as yet unknown, substrates. ..
- Martinovic D, Villeneuve D, Kahl M, Blake L, Brodin J, Ankley G. Hypoxia alters gene expression in the gonads of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Aquat Toxicol. 2009;95:258-72 pubmed publisher..g., hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase alterations, downregulation of contractile elements, etc.). ..
- McClelland G, Craig P, Dhekney K, Dipardo S. Temperature- and exercise-induced gene expression and metabolic enzyme changes in skeletal muscle of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Physiol. 2006;577:739-51 pubmed..e. CS and PPAR-beta1 mRNA) that contribute to specific temperature- and exercise-induced phenotypes. ..
- Chai T, Cui F, Mu X, Yang Y, Wang C, Qiu J. Exploration of Stereoselectivity in Embryo-Larvae (Danio rerio) Induced by Chiral PCB149 at the Bioconcentration and Gene Expression Levels. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0155263 pubmed publisher..Thus, the information in our study could provide new insights to assess the environmental risk of chiral PCBs in aquatic systems. ..
- Wu Z, Zhang W, Lu Y, Lu C. Transcriptome profiling of zebrafish infected with Streptococcus suis. Microb Pathog. 2010;48:178-87 pubmed publisher..The data may provide further validation of this model, which will contribute to understanding of S. suis pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Vettori A, Greenald D, Wilson G, Peron M, Facchinello N, Markham E, et al. Glucocorticoids promote Von Hippel Lindau degradation and Hif-1? stabilization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:9948-9953 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model for GCs to stabilize HIF through activation of c-src and subsequent destabilization of pVHL. ..
- Sandoval I, Delacruz R, Miller B, Hill S, Olson K, Gabriel A, et al. A metabolic switch controls intestinal differentiation downstream of Adenomatous polyposis coli (APC). elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate a novel role for apc in pyruvate metabolism and that pyruvate metabolism dictates intestinal cell fate and differentiation decisions downstream of apc. ..