Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lcp1
Description: lymphocyte cytosolic protein 1 (L-plastin)
Alias: cb245, fj24b12, wu:fj24b12, plastin-2, L-plastin, leucocyte-specific plastin 1, lymphocyte cytosolic plastin 1
- Mathias J, Dodd M, Walters K, Yoo S, Ranheim E, Huttenlocher A. Characterization of zebrafish larval inflammatory macrophages. Dev Comp Immunol. 2009;33:1212-7 pubmed publisher..These findings identify distinct functional and morphological characteristics of inflammatory macrophages in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Le X, Langenau D, Keefe M, Kutok J, Neuberg D, Zon L. Heat shock-inducible Cre/Lox approaches to induce diverse types of tumors and hyperplasia in transgenic zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:9410-5 pubmed..Moreover, these tumors and hyperplasia closely resemble human diseases at both the morphologic and molecular levels. ..
- Rhodes J, Amsterdam A, Sanda T, Moreau L, McKenna K, Heinrichs S, et al. Emi1 maintains genomic integrity during zebrafish embryogenesis and cooperates with p53 in tumor suppression. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5911-22 pubmed publisher..Our results cast Emi1 as a critical regulator of genomic fidelity during embryogenesis and suggest that the factor may act as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Zhang Y, Bai X, Zhu K, Jin Y, Deng M, Le H, et al. In vivo interstitial migration of primitive macrophages mediated by JNK-matrix metalloproteinase 13 signaling in response to acute injury. J Immunol. 2008;181:2155-64 pubmed..The results indicate that the JNK-Mmp13 signaling pathway plays an essential role in regulating the innate immune cell migration in response to severe injury in vivo. ..
- Feng Y, Santoriello C, Mione M, Hurlstone A, Martin P. Live imaging of innate immune cell sensing of transformed cells in zebrafish larvae: parallels between tumor initiation and wound inflammation. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000562 pubmed publisher..These parallels between the inflammatory responses to transformed cells and to wounds reinforce the suggestion by others that cancers resemble non-healing wounds. ..
- Zhou T, Wang L, Zhu K, Dong M, Xu P, Chen Y, et al. Dominant-negative C/ebp? and polycomb group protein Bmi1 extend short-lived hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell life span and induce lethal dyserythropoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:3842-52 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Bmi1 acts immediately downstream of C/ebp?DN to regulate the survival and self-renewal of HSPCs and contribute to the erythropoietic dysplasia. ..
- Choorapoikayil S, Kers R, Herbomel P, Kissa K, den Hertog J. Pivotal role of Pten in the balance between proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;123:184-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Pten has an essential role in the balance between proliferation and differentiation of blood cells. ..
- Clay H, Davis J, Beery D, Huttenlocher A, Lyons S, Ramakrishnan L. Dichotomous role of the macrophage in early Mycobacterium marinum infection of the zebrafish. Cell Host Microbe. 2007;2:29-39 pubmed..We propose that residence within macrophages represents an evolutionary trade-off for pathogenic mycobacteria that slows their early growth but provides a mechanism for tissue dissemination...
- Yeh J, Munson K, Chao Y, Peterson Q, Macrae C, Peterson R. AML1-ETO reprograms hematopoietic cell fate by downregulating scl expression. Development. 2008;135:401-10 pubmed..Thus, this zebrafish model facilitates in vivo dissection of AML1-ETO-mediated signaling, and will enable large-scale chemical screens to identify suppressors of the in vivo effects of AML1-ETO. ..
- Sumanas S, Gomez G, Zhao Y, Park C, Choi K, Lin S. Interplay among Etsrp/ER71, Scl, and Alk8 signaling controls endothelial and myeloid cell formation. Blood. 2008;111:4500-10 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that the choice of endothelial versus myeloid fate depends on a combinatorial effect of etsrp, scl, and alk8 genes. ..
- Sidi S, Sanda T, Kennedy R, Hagen A, Jette C, Hoffmans R, et al. Chk1 suppresses a caspase-2 apoptotic response to DNA damage that bypasses p53, Bcl-2, and caspase-3. Cell. 2008;133:864-77 pubmed publisher..The evolutionarily conserved "Chk1-suppressed" pathway defines a novel apoptotic process, whose responsiveness to Chk1 inhibitors and insensitivity to p53 and BCL2 alterations have important implications for cancer therapy. ..
- Gering M, Yamada Y, Rabbitts T, Patient R. Lmo2 and Scl/Tal1 convert non-axial mesoderm into haemangioblasts which differentiate into endothelial cells in the absence of Gata1. Development. 2003;130:6187-99 pubmed..These results suggest that, in the absence of inducers of erythroid or myeloid haematopoiesis, Scl/Tal1-Lmo2-induced haemangioblasts differentiate into endothelial cells. ..
- Bennett C, Kanki J, Rhodes J, Liu T, Paw B, Kieran M, et al. Myelopoiesis in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Blood. 2001;98:643-51 pubmed..The morphologic and molecular genetic evidence presented here supports the zebrafish as an informative model system for the study of normal and aberrant human myelopoiesis. (Blood. 2001;98:643-651) ..
- Meijer A, van der Sar A, Cunha C, Lamers G, Laplante M, Kikuta H, et al. Identification and real-time imaging of a myc-expressing neutrophil population involved in inflammation and mycobacterial granuloma formation in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:36-49 pubmed..re-examined specificity of described myeloid markers by multiplex fluorescent in situ hybridization, showing that lcp1 can be considered as a general leukocyte marker, csf1r as a macrophage-specific marker, and mpx and lyz as ..
- Jing C, Chen Y, Dong M, Peng X, Jia X, Gao L, et al. Phospholipase C gamma-1 is required for granulocyte maturation in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2013;374:24-31 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that plcg1 functioned specifically in zebrafish ICM granulopoiesis for the first time. Our studies suggest that specific pathways regulate the differentiation of the hematopoietic lineages. ..
- Hogan B, Layton J, Pyati U, Nutt S, Hayman J, Varma S, et al. Specification of the primitive myeloid precursor pool requires signaling through Alk8 in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:506-11 pubmed..1 expression, but the role of alk8 was independent of the scl-dependent cell-fate pathway. Furthermore, the role of Alk8 in myelopoiesis was genetically separable from its earlier role in dorsal-ventral embryonic patterning. ..
- Burns C, Traver D, Mayhall E, Shepard J, Zon L. Hematopoietic stem cell fate is established by the Notch-Runx pathway. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2331-42 pubmed..These data define the Notch-Runx pathway as critical for the developmental specification of HSC fate and the subsequent homeostasis of HSC number, thus providing a mechanism for amplifying stem cells in vivo...
- Soza Ried C, Hess I, Netuschil N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. Essential role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is evolutionarily conserved. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17304-8 pubmed publisher..Our results, therefore, suggest that the key role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is similar to that in mammals and must have become established early in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Monteiro R, Pouget C, Patient R. The gata1/pu.1 lineage fate paradigm varies between blood populations and is modulated by tif1?. EMBO J. 2011;30:1093-103 pubmed publisher..1 in primitive erythroid and prodefinitive erythromyeloid progenitors. We therefore conclude that the gata1/pu.1 paradigm for lineage decisions takes different forms in different cellular contexts and is modulated by tif1?. ..
- Renshaw S, Loynes C, Trushell D, Elworthy S, Ingham P, Whyte M. A transgenic zebrafish model of neutrophilic inflammation. Blood. 2006;108:3976-8 pubmed..fmk, demonstrating that experimental manipulation of the resolution of inflammation is possible in this model. ..
- Dooley K, Davidson A, Zon L. Zebrafish scl functions independently in hematopoietic and endothelial development. Dev Biol. 2005;277:522-36 pubmed..Surprisingly, in cloche, lmo2 was not induced in response to scl over-expression. Taken together, these findings support distinct roles for scl in hematopoietic and endothelial development, downstream of hemangioblast development. ..
- Craven S, French D, Ye W, de Sauvage F, Rosenthal A. Loss of Hspa9b in zebrafish recapitulates the ineffective hematopoiesis of the myelodysplastic syndrome. Blood. 2005;105:3528-34 pubmed..Thus, we identify an essential role for Hspa9b in hematopoiesis and implicate both loss of HSPA9B specifically and mitochondrial dysfunction generally in the pathogenesis of the MDS. ..
- van der Sar A, Stockhammer O, van der Laan C, Spaink H, Bitter W, Meijer A. MyD88 innate immune function in a zebrafish embryo infection model. Infect Immun. 2006;74:2436-41 pubmed
- Hall C, Flores M, Storm T, Crosier K, Crosier P. The zebrafish lysozyme C promoter drives myeloid-specific expression in transgenic fish. BMC Dev Biol. 2007;7:42 pubmed..These reporter lines will have utility in dissecting the genetic determinants of commitment to the myeloid lineage and in further defining how lysozyme-expressing cells participate during inflammation. ..
- Fu C, Zhu K, Mi J, Liu Y, Murray S, Fu Y, et al. An evolutionarily conserved PTEN-C/EBPalpha-CTNNA1 axis controls myeloid development and transformation. Blood. 2010;115:4715-24 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a novel molecular pathway, PTEN-C/EBPalpha-CTNNA1, which is evolutionarily conserved and might be therapeutically targeted to eradicate LICs with low CTNNA1 expression. ..
- Juarez M, Su F, Chun S, Kiel M, Lyons S. Distinct roles for SCL in erythroid specification and maturation in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41636-44 pubmed..Our results revealed that Scl participates in multiple processes requiring different levels and functions. Further, we identified an Scl hypomorphic phenotype distinct from the null state. ..
- Forrester A, Grabher C, McBride E, Boyd E, Vigerstad M, Edgar A, et al. NUP98-HOXA9-transgenic zebrafish develop a myeloproliferative neoplasm and provide new insight into mechanisms of myeloid leukaemogenesis. Br J Haematol. 2011;155:167-81 pubmed publisher..Markers associated with more differentiated myeloid cells, lcp1, lyz, and mpx were also elevated, but to a lesser extent than spi1, suggesting differentiation of early myeloid ..
- McKinney Freeman S, Cahan P, Li H, Lacadie S, Huang H, Curran M, et al. The transcriptional landscape of hematopoietic stem cell ontogeny. Cell Stem Cell. 2012;11:701-14 pubmed publisher..Our analysis and web resource will enhance efforts to identify regulators of HSC ontogeny and facilitate the engineering of hematopoietic specification...
- Dhanraj S, Gunja S, Deveau A, Nissbeck M, Boonyawat B, Coombs A, et al. Bone marrow failure and developmental delay caused by mutations in poly(A)-specific ribonuclease (PARN). J Med Genet. 2015;52:738-48 pubmed publisher..Large monoallelic mutations of PARN can cause developmental/mental illness. Biallelic PARN mutations cause severe bone marrow failure and central hypomyelination. ..
- Gore A, Athans B, Iben J, Johnson K, Russanova V, Castranova D, et al. Epigenetic regulation of hematopoiesis by DNA methylation. elife. 2016;5:e11813 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an epigenetic mechanism supporting the maintenance of hematopoietic cell fate via DNA methylation-mediated perdurance of a key transcription factor in HSPCs. ..
- Hasegawa T, Hall C, Crosier P, Abe G, Kawakami K, Kudo A, et al. Transient inflammatory response mediated by interleukin-1? is required for proper regeneration in zebrafish fin fold. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals that proper levels of Il1b signaling and tissue inflammation, which are tuned by macrophages, play a crucial role in tissue regeneration. ..
- Le H, Zhang Y, Liu H, Ma L, Jin Y, Huang Q, et al. eena Promotes myeloid proliferation through stimulating ERK1/2 phosphorylation in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:17652-61 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that eena plays an important role in the development of the myeloid cell through activation of the ERK pathway and may provide a valuable reference for future studies of the role of EEN in leukemogenesis. ..
- Krueger J, Liu D, Scholz K, Zimmer A, Shi Y, Klein C, et al. Flt1 acts as a negative regulator of tip cell formation and branching morphogenesis in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2011;138:2111-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, Flt1 acts in a Notch-dependent manner as a negative regulator of tip cell differentiation and branching. Flt1 distribution may be fine-tuned, involving interactions with the developing nervous system. ..
- Cadwalader E, Condic M, Yost H. 2-O-sulfotransferase regulates Wnt signaling, cell adhesion and cell cycle during zebrafish epiboly. Development. 2012;139:1296-305 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that 2-OST functions within the Wnt pathway, downstream of Wnt ligand signaling and upstream of Gsk3? and ?-catenin intracellular localization and function. ..
- Hanaoka R, Ohmori Y, Uyemura K, Hosoya T, Hotta Y, Shirao T, et al. Zebrafish gcmb is required for pharyngeal cartilage formation. Mech Dev. 2004;121:1235-47 pubmed..These results suggest that gcmb is required for normal pharyngeal cartilage formation in zebrafish and that its expression is dependent on fgf3 activity. ..
- Gao L, Li D, Ma K, Zhang W, Xu T, Fu C, et al. TopBP1 Governs Hematopoietic Stem/Progenitor Cells Survival in Zebrafish Definitive Hematopoiesis. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005346 pubmed publisher..Collectively, this study demonstrates a novel and vital role of TopBP1 in the maintenance of HSPCs genome integrity and survival during hematopoietic progenitor expansion. ..
- Cvejic A, Serbanovic Canic J, Stemple D, Ouwehand W. The role of meis1 in primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish development. Haematologica. 2011;96:190-8 pubmed publisher..These results imply that meis1, jointly with pbx1, regulates primitive hematopoiesis as well as vascular development. ..
- Schorpp M, Bialecki M, Diekhoff D, Walderich B, Odenthal J, Maischein H, et al. Conserved functions of Ikaros in vertebrate lymphocyte development: genetic evidence for distinct larval and adult phases of T cell development and two lineages of B cells in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2006;177:2463-76 pubmed..By contrast, B cells expressing the igz isotype do not develop, providing genetic evidence for two separate B cell lineages in zebrafish. Thus, Ikaros appears to play similar roles in fish and mammalian lymphopoiesis. ..
- Jin H, Sood R, Xu J, Zhen F, English M, Liu P, et al. Definitive hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells manifest distinct differentiation output in the zebrafish VDA and PBI. Development. 2009;136:647-54 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of niche in shaping the differentiation output of developing HSPCs. ..
- Zhuravleva J, Solary E, Chluba J, Bastie J, Delva L. A role for the transcription intermediary factor 2 in zebrafish myelopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:559-67 pubmed publisher..These data indicate an important role for TIF2 in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. ..
- Kizil C, Dudczig S, Kyritsis N, Machate A, Blaesche J, Kroehne V, et al. The chemokine receptor cxcr5 regulates the regenerative neurogenesis response in the adult zebrafish brain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:27 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the role of cxcr5 in mediating neuronal replenishment have the potential to produce clinical ramifications in efforts for regenerative therapeutic applications for human neurological disorders or acute injuries. ..
- Manesia J, Franch M, Tabas Madrid D, Nogales Cadenas R, Vanwelden T, Van Den Bosch E, et al. Distinct Molecular Signature of Murine Fetal Liver and Adult Hematopoietic Stem Cells Identify Novel Regulators of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Function. Stem Cells Dev. 2017;26:573-584 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that identification of genes involved in transcriptional regulation differentially expressed between expanding FL HSCs and quiescent ABM HSCs, uncovers novel regulators of HSC function. ..
- Keightley M, Layton J, Hayman J, Heath J, Lieschke G. Mediator subunit 12 is required for neutrophil development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23845 pubmed publisher..Syr shows defects in hematopoiesis, which predominantly affect the myeloid lineage. Syr has identified a hematopoietic cell-specific requirement for Med12, suggesting a new role for this transcriptional regulator. ..
- Chung M, Ma A, Fung T, Leung A. Characterization of Sry-related HMG box group F genes in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:986-998.e5 pubmed publisher..sox32 affected both vascular and hematopoietic development through its effects on medial migration of the hematopoietic and endothelial progenitors. ..
- Patil P, Uechi T, Kenmochi N. Incomplete splicing of neutrophil-specific genes affects neutrophil development in a zebrafish model of poikiloderma with neutropenia. RNA Biol. 2015;12:426-34 pubmed publisher..This zebrafish model could serve as a valuable tool to investigate the causative role of USB1 in PN pathogenesis. ..
- Pannicke U, Hönig M, Hess I, Friesen C, Holzmann K, Rump E, et al. Reticular dysgenesis (aleukocytosis) is caused by mutations in the gene encoding mitochondrial adenylate kinase 2. Nat Genet. 2009;41:101-5 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that reticular dysgenesis is the first example of a human immunodeficiency syndrome that is causally linked to energy metabolism and that can therefore be classified as a mitochondriopathy. ..
- Lu J, Hsieh M, Hou H, Chen C, Tien H, Lin L. Overexpression of SOX4 correlates with poor prognosis of acute myeloid leukemia and is leukemogenic in zebrafish. Blood Cancer J. 2017;7:e593 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SOX4 is not only an independent prognostic factor of AML, but also an important molecular factor in leukemogenesis. ..
- Bukrinsky A, Griffin K, Zhao Y, Lin S, Banerjee U. Essential role of spi-1-like (spi-1l) in zebrafish myeloid cell differentiation. Blood. 2009;113:2038-46 pubmed publisher..1 cells and its function is necessary and sufficient for macrophage and granulocyte differentiation. These results establish a critical role for spi-1l in zebrafish myeloid cell differentiation. ..
- Ma A, Fung T, Lin R, Chung M, Yang D, Ekker S, et al. Methionine aminopeptidase 2 is required for HSC initiation and proliferation. Blood. 2011;118:5448-57 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated a hitherto-undescribed role of MetAP2 in definitive hematopoiesis and a possible link to noncanonical Wnt and ERK signaling. ..
- Rajagopal A, Rao A, Amigo J, Tian M, Upadhyay S, Hall C, et al. Haem homeostasis is regulated by the conserved and concerted functions of HRG-1 proteins. Nature. 2008;453:1127-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, uncovering the mechanisms of haem transport in C. elegans may provide insights into human disorders of haem metabolism and reveal new drug targets for developing anthelminthics to combat worm infestations. ..
- Butko E, Distel M, Pouget C, Weijts B, Kobayashi I, Ng K, et al. Gata2b is a restricted early regulator of hemogenic endothelium in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2015;142:1050-61 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Gata2b functions within hemogenic endothelium from an early stage, whereas Gata2a functions more broadly throughout the vascular system. ..
- Chang M, Cheng Y, Hsu S, Ma T, Chou L, Hsu H, et al. Leptospiral outer membrane protein LipL32 induces inflammation and kidney injury in zebrafish larvae. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27838 pubmed publisher..This model might permit the future exploration of the virulence and molecular pathways of different leptospiral outer membrane proteins. ..
- Demy D, Tauzin M, Lancino M, Le Cabec V, Redd M, Murayama E, et al. Trim33 is essential for macrophage and neutrophil mobilization to developmental or inflammatory cues. J Cell Sci. 2017;130:2797-2807 pubmed publisher..The transcriptional regulator Trim33 is thus revealed as being essential for the navigation of macrophages and neutrophils towards developmental or inflammatory cues within vertebrate tissues. ..
- Bolli N, Payne E, Rhodes J, Gjini E, Johnston A, Guo F, et al. cpsf1 is required for definitive HSC survival in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:3996-4007 pubmed publisher..These studies show that cpsf1 is essential for HSC survival and differentiation in caudal hematopoietic tissue. ..
- Walters K, Green J, Surfus J, Yoo S, Huttenlocher A. Live imaging of neutrophil motility in a zebrafish model of WHIM syndrome. Blood. 2010;116:2803-11 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that this transgenic zebrafish model of WHIM syndrome may provide a valuable tool to screen for agents that modify CXCR4-SDF1 retention signals. ..
- Singh S, Sethi S, Aravamudhan S, Kruger M, Grabher C. Proteome mapping of adult zebrafish marrow neutrophils reveals partial cross species conservation to human peripheral neutrophils. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73998 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first zebrafish neutrophil proteome and may serve as a valuable resource for an understanding of neutrophil biology and innate immunity. ..
- Dresner E, Malishkevich A, Arviv C, Leibman Barak S, Alon S, Ofir R, et al. Novel evolutionary-conserved role for the activity-dependent neuroprotective protein (ADNP) family that is important for erythropoiesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:40173-85 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal an ancestral role for the ADNP protein family in maturation and differentiation of the erythroid lineage, associated with direct regulation of ?-globin expression. ..
- Progatzky F, Taylor H, Bugeon L, Cassidy S, Radbruch A, Dallman M, et al. The role of Nfil3 in zebrafish hematopoiesis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;38:187-92 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results describe a conserved expression pattern of Nfil3 in evolutionarily divergent species and indicate that Nfil3 is central to myeloid lineage commitment. ..
- Barbieri E, Deflorian G, Pezzimenti F, Valli D, Saia M, Meani N, et al. Nucleophosmin leukemogenic mutant activates Wnt signaling during zebrafish development. Oncotarget. 2016;7:55302-55312 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel function of NPMc+ and provide insight into the molecular pathogenesis of AML bearing NPM1 mutations. ..
- Kell M, Riccio R, Baumgartner E, Compton Z, Pecorin P, Mitchell T, et al. Targeted deletion of the zebrafish actin-bundling protein L-plastin (lcp1). PLoS ONE. 2018;13:e0190353 pubmed publisher..Regulation of the cytoskeleton is essential for cell migration in health and disease. Lymphocyte cytosolic protein 1 (lcp1, also called L-plastin) is a hematopoietic-specific actin-bundling protein that is highly conserved in zebrafish, ..
- Gianoncelli A, Bonini S, Bertuzzi M, Guarienti M, Vezzoli S, Kumar R, et al. An Integrated Approach for a Structural and Functional Evaluation of Biosimilars: Implications for Erythropoietin. BioDrugs. 2015;29:285-300 pubmed publisher..These rapid and economic structural and functional analyses were effective in the evaluation of the biosimilarity between the originator rhEPO alfa and the biosimilars analyzed. ..
- Place E, Smith J. Zebrafish atoh8 mutants do not recapitulate morpholino phenotypes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0171143 pubmed publisher..Vascular patterning and primitive haematopoiesis are unaffected in atoh8sa1465/sa1465 mutant embryos. Together, the data suggest that Atoh8 is dispensible for zebrafish development under standard laboratory conditions. ..
- Fujii T, Tsunesumi S, Sagara H, Munakata M, Hisaki Y, Sekiya T, et al. Smyd5 plays pivotal roles in both primitive and definitive hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Sci Rep. 2016;6:29157 pubmed publisher..As the expression of myeloid markers was elevated in smyd5 loss-of-function zebrafish, we propose that Smyd5 plays critical roles in hematopoiesis. ..