Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: lck
Description: LCK proto-oncogene, Src family tyrosine kinase
Alias: zgc:136695, tyrosine-protein kinase Lck, lymphocyte protein tyrosine kinase, lymphocyte-specific protein tyrosine kinase
- Brugman S, Witte M, Scholman R, Klein M, Boes M, Nieuwenhuis E. T lymphocyte-dependent and -independent regulation of Cxcl8 expression in zebrafish intestines. J Immunol. 2014;192:484-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data provide evidence that Cxcl8-l1 and Cxcl8-l2 are differentially regulated via T lymphocyte-dependent and -independent mechanisms during homeostasis and inflammation. ..
- Hutchinson S, Tooke Locke E, Wang J, Tsai S, Katz T, Trede N. Tbl3 regulates cell cycle length during zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2012;368:261-72 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that tbl3 plays a tissue-specific role regulating cell cycle rate during development. ..
- Trede N, Ota T, Kawasaki H, Paw B, Katz T, Demarest B, et al. Zebrafish mutants with disrupted early T-cell and thymus development identified in early pressure screen. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2575-84 pubmed publisher..We discuss the advantage of this strategy and the general usefulness of the zebrafish as a model system for vertebrate lymphopoiesis and thymic organogenesis. ..
- Seiler C, Gebhart N, Zhang Y, Shinton S, Li Y, Ross N, et al. Mutagenesis Screen Identifies agtpbp1 and eps15L1 as Essential for T lymphocyte Development in Zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131908 pubmed publisher..Morpholino-mediated knockdown of these genes mimicked the T cell defects in the corresponding mutant embryos, demonstrating the previously unrecognized, essential roles of agtpbp1 and eps15L1 in T cell development. ..
- Bolli N, Payne E, Rhodes J, Gjini E, Johnston A, Guo F, et al. cpsf1 is required for definitive HSC survival in zebrafish. Blood. 2011;117:3996-4007 pubmed publisher..These studies show that cpsf1 is essential for HSC survival and differentiation in caudal hematopoietic tissue. ..
- Page D, Wittamer V, Bertrand J, Lewis K, Pratt D, Delgado N, et al. An evolutionarily conserved program of B-cell development and activation in zebrafish. Blood. 2013;122:e1-11 pubmed publisher..The IgM1:eGFP reporter fish are the first nonmammalian B-cell reporter animals to be described. They will be important for further investigation of immune cell evolution and development and host-pathogen interactions in zebrafish...
- Dee C, Nagaraju R, Athanasiadis E, Gray C, Fernandez Del Ama L, Johnston S, et al. CD4-Transgenic Zebrafish Reveal Tissue-Resident Th2- and Regulatory T Cell-like Populations and Diverse Mononuclear Phagocytes. J Immunol. 2016;197:3520-3530 pubmed
- Tang Q, Abdelfattah N, Blackburn J, Moore J, Martinez S, Moore F, et al. Optimized cell transplantation using adult rag2 mutant zebrafish. Nat Methods. 2014;11:821-4 pubmed publisher..Mutant fish engraft muscle, blood stem cells and various cancers. rag2(E450fs) mutant zebrafish are the first immunocompromised zebrafish model that permits robust, long-term engraftment of multiple tissues and cancer. ..
- Leacock S, Basse A, Chandler G, Kirk A, Rakheja D, Amatruda J. A zebrafish transgenic model of Ewing's sarcoma reveals conserved mediators of EWS-FLI1 tumorigenesis. Dis Model Mech. 2012;5:95-106 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that functional targets of EWS-FLI1 that mediate tumorigenesis are conserved from zebrafish to human and provide a novel context in which to study the function of this fusion oncogene. ..
- Hall C, Flores M, Chien A, Davidson A, Crosier K, Crosier P. Transgenic zebrafish reporter lines reveal conserved Toll-like receptor signaling potential in embryonic myeloid leukocytes and adult immune cell lineages. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;85:751-65 pubmed publisher..These lines will provide a valuable resource for further resolving the contribution of MyD88 to early vertebrate immunity. ..
- Hsu K, Traver D, Kutok J, Hagen A, Liu T, Paw B, et al. The pu.1 promoter drives myeloid gene expression in zebrafish. Blood. 2004;104:1291-7 pubmed..These transgenic lines will be useful to dissect the cellular and molecular control of myeloid cell differentiation, and this promoter fragment may prove useful in the development of zebrafish models of acute myeloid leukemia. ..
- Liu X, Li Y, Shinton S, Rhodes J, Tang L, Feng H, et al. Zebrafish B Cell Development without a Pre-B Cell Stage, Revealed by CD79 Fluorescence Reporter Transgenes. J Immunol. 2017;199:1706-1715 pubmed publisher..This confirmed a conserved role for CD79 in B cell development and differentiation, without the requirement of a pre-B cell stage in zebrafish. ..
- Zhang Y, Duc A, Rao S, Sun X, Bilbee A, Rhodes M, et al. Control of hematopoietic stem cell emergence by antagonistic functions of ribosomal protein paralogs. Dev Cell. 2013;24:411-25 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, circumstances that tip the balance of these paralogs in favor of Rpl22 (e.g., Rpl22l1 knockdown or Rpl22 overexpression) result in repression of Smad1 and blockade of HSC emergence...
- Zhong H, Zou H, Semenov M, Moshinsky D, He X, Huang H, et al. Characterization and development of novel small-molecules inhibiting GSK3 and activating Wnt signaling. Mol Biosyst. 2009;5:1356-60 pubmed publisher..Together, 3F8 and its derivatives could be useful as new reagents and potential therapeutic candidates for GSK3 related diseases. ..
- Langenau D, Zon L. The zebrafish: a new model of T-cell and thymic development. Nat Rev Immunol. 2005;5:307-17 pubmed..Finally, we summarize the use of the zebrafish as a new model for assessing stem-cell function and for drug discovery. ..
- Lewis R, Noor S, Fraser F, Sertori R, Liongue C, Ward A. Regulation of embryonic hematopoiesis by a cytokine-inducible SH2 domain homolog in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2014;192:5739-48 pubmed publisher..This occurred concomitantly with increased activation of STAT5. This study indicates that CISH functions as a conserved in vivo target and regulator of STAT5 in the control of embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Wang S, He Q, Ma D, Xue Y, Liu F. Irf4 Regulates the Choice between T Lymphoid-Primed Progenitor and Myeloid Lineage Fates during Embryogenesis. Dev Cell. 2015;34:621-31 pubmed publisher..1 expression to prevent an alternate fate. Our findings provide insight into the fate determination mechanism of T lymphoid-primed progenitors. ..
- Lin A, Xiang L, Wang Q, Dong W, Gong Y, Shao J. The DC-SIGN of zebrafish: insights into the existence of a CD209 homologue in a lower vertebrate and its involvement in adaptive immunity. J Immunol. 2009;183:7398-410 pubmed publisher..We hope that the present study will contribute to a better cross-species understanding of the evolutionary history of the DC-SIGN/CD209 family. ..
- Gore A, Athans B, Iben J, Johnson K, Russanova V, Castranova D, et al. Epigenetic regulation of hematopoiesis by DNA methylation. elife. 2016;5:e11813 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an epigenetic mechanism supporting the maintenance of hematopoietic cell fate via DNA methylation-mediated perdurance of a key transcription factor in HSPCs. ..
- He B, Shi X, Man C, Ma A, Ekker S, Chow H, et al. Functions of flt3 in zebrafish hematopoiesis and its relevance to human acute myeloid leukemia. Blood. 2014;123:2518-29 pubmed publisher..expression of l-plastin (pan-leukocyte), csf1r, and mpeg1 (macrophage) as well as that of c-myb (definitive HSPCs), lck, and rag1 (T-lymphocyte)...
- Wan F, Hu C, Ma J, Gao K, Xiang L, Shao J. Characterization of ?? T Cells from Zebrafish Provides Insights into Their Important Role in Adaptive Humoral Immunity. Front Immunol. 2016;7:675 pubmed publisher..It is anticipated that this study would be used as a guide to develop a zebrafish model for the cross-species investigation of ?? T cell biology. ..
- Tsinkalovsky O, Vik Mo A, Ferreira S, Laerum O, Fjose A. Zebrafish kidney marrow contains ABCG2-dependent side population cells exhibiting hematopoietic stem cell properties. Differentiation. 2007;75:175-83 pubmed..These rapid flow cytometric methods for purification of HSCs from zebrafish may greatly facilitate genetic analysis of stem cells using the advantages of this vertebrate model...
- Langenau D, Ferrando A, Traver D, Kutok J, Hezel J, Kanki J, et al. In vivo tracking of T cell development, ablation, and engraftment in transgenic zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7369-74 pubmedTransgenic zebrafish that express GFP under control of the T cell-specific tyrosine kinase (lck) promoter were used to analyze critical aspects of the immune system, including patterns of T cell development and T cell homing after ..