Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: krt8
Description: keratin 8
Alias: DreK8, cb186, krt2-8, sb:cb186, wu:fa20h05, wu:fa95h10, wu:fb96c06, zf-K8, zfk8, keratin, type II cytoskeletal 8, CK-8, cytokeratin-8, etID33550.23, etID43142.23, etID43142.8, keratin, type 2, gene 8
- Lambaerts K, Van Dyck S, Mortier E, Ivarsson Y, Degeest G, Luyten A, et al. Syntenin, a syndecan adaptor and an Arf6 phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate effector, is essential for epiboly and gastrulation cell movements in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1129-40 pubmed publisher..This study identifies the importance of the syntenin-syndecan-PIP2-Arf6 complex for the progression of fish epiboly and establishes its key role in directional cell movements during early development. ..
- Li X, Nie F, Yin Z, He J. Enhanced hyperplasia in muscles of transgenic zebrafish expressing Follistatin1. Sci China Life Sci. 2011;54:159-65 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Fst1 overexpression can promote zebrafish muscle growth by enhancing myofiber hyperplasia. ..
- Nowak M, Koster C, Hammerschmidt M. Perp is required for tissue-specific cell survival during zebrafish development. Cell Death Differ. 2005;12:52-64 pubmed..We conclude that, in contrast to its proapoptotic function in stressed cells, Perp plays an antiapoptotic role during normal zebrafish development to regulate tissue-specific cell survival. ..
- Tsujimura T, Hosoya T, Kawamura S. A single enhancer regulating the differential expression of duplicated red-sensitive opsin genes in zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001245 pubmed publisher..Sharing a regulatory region between duplicated genes could be a general way to facilitate the expression differentiation in duplicated visual opsins. ..
- Garcia D, Bauer H, Dietz T, Schubert T, Markl J, Schaffeld M. Identification of keratins and analysis of their expression in carp and goldfish: comparison with the zebrafish and trout keratin catalog. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;322:245-56 pubmed
- Schaffeld M, Knappe M, Hunzinger C, Markl J. cDNA sequences of the authentic keratins 8 and 18 in zebrafish. Differentiation. 2003;71:73-82 pubmed..From the zebrafish Danio rerio, we have cDNA cloned and sequenced a novel type II and a novel type I keratin, termed DreK8 and DreK18, respectively...
- Tong X, Xia Z, Zu Y, Telfer H, Hu J, Yu J, et al. ngs (notochord granular surface) gene encodes a novel type of intermediate filament family protein essential for notochord maintenance in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2711-20 pubmed publisher..Our work sheds light on the mechanisms of notochord structural maintenance, as well as the evolution and biological function of IF family proteins. ..
- Imboden M, Goblet C, Korn H, Vriz S. Cytokeratin 8 is a suitable epidermal marker during zebrafish development. C R Acad Sci III. 1997;320:689-700 pubmedWe have cloned and characterized the zebrafish (Danio rerio) homologous cytokeratin 8 (zf-K8) cDNA. This cytokeratin belongs to the gene family of intermediate filaments and it is a component of the cytoskeleton of epithelial cells...
- Emelyanov A, Parinov S. Mifepristone-inducible LexPR system to drive and control gene expression in transgenic zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2008;320:113-21 pubmed publisher..Combined with the Ac/Ds-mediated transgenesis, the LexPR expression system has many potential applications in the fields of genetics and biotechnology. ..
- Goto H, Kimmey S, Row R, Matus D, Martin B. FGF and canonical Wnt signaling cooperate to induce paraxial mesoderm from tailbud neuromesodermal progenitors through regulation of a two-step epithelial to mesenchymal transition. Development. 2017;144:1412-1424 pubmed publisher..Wnt signaling initiates EMT, whereas FGF signaling terminates this event. Our results indicate that germ layer induction in the zebrafish tailbud is not a simple continuation of gastrulation events. ..
- Sabel J, d Alençon C, O Brien E, Van Otterloo E, Lutz K, Cuykendall T, et al. Maternal Interferon Regulatory Factor 6 is required for the differentiation of primary superficial epithelia in Danio and Xenopus embryos. Dev Biol. 2009;325:249-62 pubmed publisher..These experiments reveal a conserved role for maternally-encoded Irf6 in differentiation of a simple epithelium in X. laevis and D. rerio. This epithelium constitutes a novel model tissue in which to explore the Irf6 regulatory pathway. ..
- Dzafic E, Strzyz P, Wilsch BrÃ¤uninger M, Norden C. Centriole Amplification in Zebrafish Affects Proliferation and Survival but Not Differentiation of Neural Progenitor Cells. Cell Rep. 2015;13:168-182 pubmed publisher..Once cells reach the differentiation phase, however, centriole amplification does not impair neuronal differentiation. ..
- Shi G, Sohn K, Choi T, Choi D, Lee S, Ou B, et al. Expression of paired-like homeodomain transcription factor 2c (PITX2c) in epidermal keratinocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:3263-71 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PITX2c has a role in proliferation and differentiation of epidermal keratinocytes. ..
- Schwend T, Loucks E, Snyder D, Ahlgren S. Requirement of Npc1 and availability of cholesterol for early embryonic cell movements in zebrafish. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1328-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies show that npc1 is required early for proper cell movement and cholesterol localization and later for cell survival. ..
- Gündel U, Kalkhof S, Zitzkat D, von Bergen M, Altenburger R, Küster E. Concentration-response concept in ecotoxicoproteomics: effects of different phenanthrene concentrations to the zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryo proteome. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2012;76:11-22 pubmed publisher..Using this experimental design based on testing of several exposure concentrations and less replicates might provide a step forward in getting increased output from toxicoproteomics studies. ..
- Pei W, Noushmehr H, Costa J, Ouspenskaia M, Elkahloun A, Feldman B. An early requirement for maternal FoxH1 during zebrafish gastrulation. Dev Biol. 2007;310:10-22 pubmed..Probing FoxH1 morphant RNA by microarray, we identified a cohort of five keratin genes--cyt1, cyt2, krt4, krt8 and krt18--that are normally transcribed in the embryo's enveloping layer (EVL) and which have significantly ..
- Podok P, Wang H, Xu L, Xu D, Lu L. Characterization of myeloid-specific peroxidase, keratin 8, and dual specificity phosphatase 1 as innate immune genes involved in the resistance of crucian carp (Carassius auratus gibelio) to Cyprinid herpesvirus 2 infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;41:531-40 pubmed publisher..These findings also support the use of MPO and KRT-8 as immunological markers for a response to viral infection in crucian carp. ..
- Seleit A, Krämer I, Riebesehl B, Ambrosio E, Stolper J, Lischik C, et al. Neural stem cells induce the formation of their physical niche during organogenesis. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We hypothesise that induction of surrounding tissues plays a major role during the establishment of vertebrate stem cell niches. ..
- Martorana M, Tawk M, Lapointe T, Barre N, Imboden M, Joulie C, et al. Zebrafish keratin 8 is expressed at high levels in the epidermis of regenerating caudal fin. Int J Dev Biol. 2001;45:449-52 pubmed..We previously cloned and characterised the zebrafish (Danio rerio) homologous cytokeratin 8 cDNA (zfk8) which was described as an epidermal marker during zebrafish development...
- Ling X, Lu Y, Huang H. Differential protein profile in zebrafish (Danio rerio) brain under the joint exposure of methyl parathion and cadmium. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2012;19:3925-41 pubmed publisher..The results may also provide the possibility of the establishment of candidate biomarkers for monitoring MP and Cd contamination in water. ..