Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: krt5
Description: keratin 5
Alias: ckii, wu:fb02h09, wu:fj02d02, wu:fk78b12, zfCKII, keratin 5, type II cytokeratin
- Chen H, Beasley A, Hu Y, Chen X. A Zebrafish Model for Studies on Esophageal Epithelial Biology. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143878 pubmed publisher..Expression of esophageal epithelial marker genes (Krt5, P63, Sox2 and Pax9) was detected by immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization...
- Doğanlı C, Beck H, Ribera A, Oxvig C, Lykke Hartmann K. ?3Na+/K+-ATPase deficiency causes brain ventricle dilation and abrupt embryonic motility in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8862-74 pubmed publisher..Our data thus strongly support the role of ?3Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase in zebrafish motility and brain development, associating for the first time the ?3Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase deficiency with brain ventricle dilation. ..
- Rasmussen J, Sack G, Martin S, Sagasti A. Vertebrate epidermal cells are broad-specificity phagocytes that clear sensory axon debris. J Neurosci. 2015;35:559-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these results identify vertebrate epidermal cells as broad-specificity phagocytes that likely contribute to neural repair and wound healing. ..
- Falisse E, Voisin A, Silvestre F. Impacts of triclosan exposure on zebrafish early-life stage: Toxicity and acclimation mechanisms. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:97-107 pubmed publisher..This research highlighted oxidative stress and neurotoxicity as major toxicity mechanisms of TCS during development. ..
- Ju B, Chen W, Orr B, Spitsbergen J, Jia S, Eden C, et al. Oncogenic KRAS promotes malignant brain tumors in zebrafish. Mol Cancer. 2015;14:18 pubmed publisher..Using zebrafish cytokeratin 5 (krt5) and glial fibrillary acidic protein (gfap) gene promoters, we activated Ras signaling in the zebrafish central ..
- Tong X, Xia Z, Zu Y, Telfer H, Hu J, Yu J, et al. ngs (notochord granular surface) gene encodes a novel type of intermediate filament family protein essential for notochord maintenance in zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2711-20 pubmed publisher..Our work sheds light on the mechanisms of notochord structural maintenance, as well as the evolution and biological function of IF family proteins. ..
- Wagner K, Ying Y, Leong W, Jiang J, Hu X, Chen Y, et al. The differential spatiotemporal expression pattern of shelterin genes throughout lifespan. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:1219-1232 pubmed publisher..Together, this work shows that the shelterin subunits exhibit distinct spatiotemporal expression patterns, suggesting important tissue-specific functions during development and aging. ..
- Chua K, Lim T. Type I and type II cytokeratin cDNAs from the zebrafish (Danio rerio) and expression patterns during early development. Differentiation. 2000;66:31-41 pubmedFull-length cDNAs of a type I (zfCKI), and a type II (zfCKII) cytokeratin from the adult zebrafish, Danio rerio, were characterized and their expressions studied during early development and in the adult...
- Hu B, Chen H, Liu X, Zhang C, Cole G, Lee J, et al. Transgenic overexpression of cdx1b induces metaplastic changes of gene expression in zebrafish esophageal squamous epithelium. Zebrafish. 2013;10:218-27 pubmed publisher..epithelium, a transgenic zebrafish system was developed by expressing cdx1b gene under the control of zebrafish keratin 5 promoter (krt5p)...
- Schaffeld M, Haberkamp M, Braziulis E, Lieb B, Markl J. Type II keratin cDNAs from the rainbow trout: implications for keratin evolution. Differentiation. 2002;70:292-9 pubmed..The tree also indicates that the published zebrafish sequences represent IIe keratins and that the biochemically identified K8 ortholog in zebrafish has not yet been sequenced. ..
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Ju B, Chen W, Spitsbergen J, Lu J, Vogel P, Peters J, et al. Activation of Sonic hedgehog signaling in neural progenitor cells promotes glioma development in the zebrafish optic pathway. Oncogenesis. 2014;3:e96 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we demonstrate that activated Shh signaling initiates tumorigenesis in the zebrafish CNS and provide the first OPG model not associated with neurofibromatosis 1. ..
- Li M, Cheng R, Liang J, Yan H, Zhang H, Yang L, et al. Mutations in POFUT1, encoding protein O-fucosyltransferase 1, cause generalized Dowling-Degos disease. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:895-903 pubmed publisher..Loss-of-function mutations of keratin 5 (KRT5) have been identified in DDD individuals...