Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: krt18
Description: keratin 18
Alias: DreK18, cb83, dapk1, sb:cb83, wu:fa13f02, wu:fb36b04, keratin, type I cytoskeletal 18, CK-18, K18, cytokeratin-18, dorsal aorta proneprin kinesin-1
- Koke J, Mosier A, Garcia D. Intermediate filaments of zebrafish retinal and optic nerve astrocytes and Müller glia: differential distribution of cytokeratin and GFAP. BMC Res Notes. 2010;3:50 pubmed publisher..Future studies of ONR in zebrafish should include evaluation of changes in cytokeratin expression and localization in the optic nerve. ..
- Matsuda H, Parsons M, Leach S. Aldh1-expressing endocrine progenitor cells regulate secondary islet formation in larval zebrafish pancreas. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74350 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that Aldh1-expressing cells act as both participants and regulators of endocrine differentiation during zebrafish secondary islet formation. ..
- Pai C, Chen Y. Transgenic expression of prothymosin alpha on zebrafish epidermal cells promotes proliferation and attenuates UVB-induced apoptosis. Transgenic Res. 2010;19:655-65 pubmed publisherThis study generated a transgenic zebrafish line Tg(k18:Ptmaa-RFP) with overexpression of Prothymosin alpha type a (Ptmaa) in the skin epidermis...
- Chen C, Lin D, Cheng C, Lin C, Lo Y, Yen C, et al. Cdc6 cooperates with c-Myc to promote genome instability and epithelial to mesenchymal transition EMT in zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2014;5:6300-11 pubmed..Our findings and other characteristics of zebrafish, including optical clarity and small molecule treatment, provide the future utility of this model for easy and non-invasive detection and for identification of new anti-cancer drug. ..
- Jang W, Kim E, Ro H, Kim K, Huh T, Kim C, et al. Expression of a novel type I keratin, DAPK-1 in the dorsal aorta and pronephric duct of the zebrafish embryos. Gene. 2003;312:145-50 pubmed..The characteristic expression pattern of DAPK-1 may facilitate more detailed studies related to the morphogenesis of dorsal aorta and pronephric duct. ..
- Wilkins B, Gong W, Pack M. A novel keratin18 promoter that drives reporter gene expression in the intrahepatic and extrahepatic biliary system allows isolation of cell-type specific transcripts from zebrafish liver. Gene Expr Patterns. 2014;14:62-8 pubmed publisher..We show that GFP expression driven by a 4.4 kilobase promoter fragment from the zebrafish keratin18 (krt18) gene allows visualization of all components of the developing biliary system as early as 3 days post-..
- Jiang C, Qin B, Liu G, Sun X, Shi H, Ding S, et al. MicroRNA-184 promotes differentiation of the retinal pigment epithelium by targeting the AKT2/mTOR signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2016;7:52340-52353 pubmed publisher..MiR-184 promotes RPE differentiation via inhibiting the AKT2/mTOR signaling pathway. MiR-184 based supplementary therapeutics and mTOR blocker, like rapamycin, are prospective options for AMD treatment. ..
- Liu Q, Basu N, Goetz G, Jiang N, Hutz R, Tonellato P, et al. Differential gene expression associated with dietary methylmercury (MeHg) exposure in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) and zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicology. 2013;22:740-51 pubmed publisher..Our conclusion is that biomarker analysis for aquatic toxicant assessment using fish needs to be based on tissue-, sex- and species-specific consideration. ..
- Zhao S, Xie P, Li G, Jun C, Cai Y, Xiong Q, et al. The proteomic study on cellular responses of the testes of zebrafish (Danio rerio) exposed to microcystin-RR. Proteomics. 2012;12:300-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, MC-RR damaged the testes and was toxic to the reproductive system of male zebrafish mainly through causing oxidative stress. ..
- Schwend T, Loucks E, Snyder D, Ahlgren S. Requirement of Npc1 and availability of cholesterol for early embryonic cell movements in zebrafish. J Lipid Res. 2011;52:1328-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies show that npc1 is required early for proper cell movement and cholesterol localization and later for cell survival. ..
- Chen Y, Wang Y, Yu T, Wu H, Pai C. Transgenic zebrafish line with over-expression of Hedgehog on the skin: a useful tool to screen Hedgehog-inhibiting compounds. Transgenic Res. 2009;18:855-64 pubmed publisherWe generated a transgenic line Tg(k18:shh:RFP) with overexpression of Sonic hedgehog in the skin epidermis...
- Hoffman T, Javier A, Campeau S, Knight R, Schilling T. Tfap2 transcription factors in zebrafish neural crest development and ectodermal evolution. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2007;308:679-91 pubmed
- Huang Q, Huang H. Alterations of protein profile in zebrafish liver cells exposed to methyl parathion: a membrane proteomics approach. Chemosphere. 2012;87:68-76 pubmed publisher..These data could provide useful insights for better understanding the hepatotoxic mechanisms of MP and develop novel protein biomarkers for effectively monitoring MP contamination level in aquatic environment. ..
- Lu X, Li X, He Q, Gao J, Gao Y, Liu B, et al. miR-142-3p regulates the formation and differentiation of hematopoietic stem cells in vertebrates. Cell Res. 2013;23:1356-68 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings unveil the pivotal roles that miR-142a-3p plays in the formation and differentiation of HSCs by repressing irf7 signaling...
- Pei W, Noushmehr H, Costa J, Ouspenskaia M, Elkahloun A, Feldman B. An early requirement for maternal FoxH1 during zebrafish gastrulation. Dev Biol. 2007;310:10-22 pubmed..Probing FoxH1 morphant RNA by microarray, we identified a cohort of five keratin genes--cyt1, cyt2, krt4, krt8 and krt18--that are normally transcribed in the embryo's enveloping layer (EVL) and which have significantly reduced ..
- Saitoh S, Maruyama T, Yako Y, Kajita M, Fujioka Y, Ohba Y, et al. Rab5-regulated endocytosis plays a crucial role in apical extrusion of transformed cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E2327-E2336 pubmed publisher..This report demonstrates that Rab5-mediated endocytosis is a crucial regulator for the competitive interaction between normal and transformed epithelial cells in mammals. ..
- Garcia D, Bauer H, Dietz T, Schubert T, Markl J, Schaffeld M. Identification of keratins and analysis of their expression in carp and goldfish: comparison with the zebrafish and trout keratin catalog. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;322:245-56 pubmed
- Li E, Truong D, Hallett S, Mukherjee K, Schutte B, Liao E. Rapid functional analysis of computationally complex rare human IRF6 gene variants using a novel zebrafish model. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007009 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it unlocked the possibility for characterizing yet undiscovered human IRF6 missense gene variants from orofacial cleft patients, and illustrated a generalizable functional genomics paradigm in personalized medicine. ..
- Hagenaars A, Vergauwen L, Benoot D, Laukens K, Knapen D. Mechanistic toxicity study of perfluorooctanoic acid in zebrafish suggests mitochondrial dysfunction to play a key role in PFOA toxicity. Chemosphere. 2013;91:844-56 pubmed publisher..Despite this increase in metabolic expenditure, no effects on reproduction were found indicating that the fish seemed to cope with exposure to the tested concentrations of PFOA during the exposure period of 1 month. ..
- Lorent K, Moore J, Siekmann A, Lawson N, Pack M. Reiterative use of the notch signal during zebrafish intrahepatic biliary development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:855-64 pubmed publisher..As the Notch pathway plays a comparable role during mammalian biliary development, including humans, these studies also indicate broad conservation of the molecular mechanisms directing biliary development in vertebrates. ..
- Lepage S, Tada M, Bruce A. Zebrafish Dynamin is required for maintenance of enveloping layer integrity and the progression of epiboly. Dev Biol. 2014;385:52-66 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we show that Dynamin maintains EVL and promotes epiboly progression by antagonizing Rho A activity. ..
- Candel S, de Oliveira S, López Muñoz A, García Moreno D, Espin Palazon R, Tyrkalska S, et al. Tnfa signaling through tnfr2 protects skin against oxidative stress-induced inflammation. PLoS Biol. 2014;12:e1001855 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a crucial role for TNF?/TNFR2 axis in the protection of the skin against DUOX1-mediated oxidative stress and could establish new therapeutic targets for skin inflammatory disorders. ..
- Hausen J, Otte J, StrÃ¤hle U, Hammers Wirtz M, Hollert H, Keiter S, et al. Fold-change threshold screening: a robust algorithm to unmask hidden gene expression patterns in noisy aggregated transcriptome data. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16384-92 pubmed publisher..In addition, it is able to unmask patterns in altered genetic expression hidden by data noise and reduces the chance of type II errors, e.g., in environmental screening. ..