Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: kras
Description: v-Ki-ras2 Kirsten rat sarcoma viral oncogene homolog
Alias: K-ras, fa04e08, fc14b12, fc23g10, fj89d12, wu:fa04e08, wu:fc14b12, wu:fc23g10, wu:fj89d12, xRAS2, zgc:85725, GTPase KRas, ras-like protein
- Semmelhack J, Donovan J, Thiele T, Kuehn E, Laurell E, Baier H. A dedicated visual pathway for prey detection in larval zebrafish. elife. 2014;3: pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that computations in the retina give rise to a visual stream which transforms sensory information into a directed prey capture response. ..
- Kumar S, Lockwood N, Ramel M, Correia T, Ellis M, Alexandrov Y, et al. Quantitative in vivo optical tomography of cancer progression & vasculature development in adult zebrafish. Oncotarget. 2016;7:43939-43948 pubmed publisher..We believe that this instrument, together with its associated analysis and data management tools, constitute a new platform for in vivo cancer studies and drug discovery in zebrafish disease models. ..
- Barker A, Baier H. Sensorimotor decision making in the zebrafish tectum. Curr Biol. 2015;25:2804-2814 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which valence-based decisions arise, at a fundamental level, from competition between dedicated sensorimotor pathways in the tectum. ..
- Yao Y, Sun S, Fei F, Wang J, Wang Y, Zhang R, et al. Screening in larval zebrafish reveals tissue-specific distribution of fifteen fluorescent compounds. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1155-1164 pubmed publisher..in the liver, and performed better in inhibiting hepatic hyperplasia caused by the over-expression of krasG12V In total, our study suggests that the transparent zebrafish larvae serve as valuable tools for ..
- Yan C, Yang Q, Huo X, Li H, Zhou L, Gong Z. Chemical inhibition reveals differential requirements of signaling pathways in krasV12- and Myc-induced liver tumors in transgenic zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:45796 pubmed publisher..Thus, we evaluated the roles of several major signaling pathways in krasV12- or Myc-induced liver tumors by using several small molecule inhibitors: SU5402 and SU6668 for VEGF/..
- Nguyen A, Koh V, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z. Development of a conditional liver tumor model by mifepristone-inducible Cre recombination to control oncogenic kras V12 expression in transgenic zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19559 pubmed publisher..expression, mifepristone induction and Cre-loxP recombination to conditionally control the expression of oncogenic kras(V12)...
- Xiong C, Liu X, Meng A. The Kinase Activity-deficient Isoform of the Protein Araf Antagonizes Ras/Mitogen-activated Protein Kinase (Ras/MAPK) Signaling in the Zebrafish Embryo. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:25512-21 pubmed publisher..Instead, Araf-tv2 interacts strongly with Kras and Nras, ultimately blocking MAPK activation by these Ras proteins...
- Yan C, Huo X, Wang S, Feng Y, Gong Z. Stimulation of hepatocarcinogenesis by neutrophils upon induction of oncogenic kras expression in transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2015;63:420-8 pubmed publisher..By inducible expression of oncogenic kras(V12) in hepatocytes in transgenic zebrafish combined with live imaging of neutrophils in transparent larvae, the ..
- Severi K, Portugues R, Marques J, O Malley D, Orger M, Engert F. Neural control and modulation of swimming speed in the larval zebrafish. Neuron. 2014;83:692-707 pubmed publisher..By identifying the contribution of individual supraspinal circuit elements to locomotion kinematics, we build a better understanding of how the brain controls movement...
- Kubo F, Hablitzel B, Dal Maschio M, Driever W, Baier H, Arrenberg A. Functional architecture of an optic flow-responsive area that drives horizontal eye movements in zebrafish. Neuron. 2014;81:1344-1359 pubmed publisher..Our data predict a wiring diagram of a neural circuit tailored to drive behavior that compensates for self-motion...
- Asaoka Y, Terai S, Sakaida I, Nishina H. The expanding role of fish models in understanding non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:905-14 pubmed publisher..The use of small fish in identifying novel potential therapeutic agents for the treatment of NAFLD and NASH is also addressed. ..
- Temizer I, Donovan J, Baier H, Semmelhack J. A Visual Pathway for Looming-Evoked Escape in Larval Zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2015;25:1823-34 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that a subset of RGC axons within the tectum responds selectively to features of looming stimuli and that this input is necessary for visually evoked escape. ..
- Capon S, Baillie G, Bower N, da Silva J, Paterson S, Hogan B, et al. Utilising polymorphisms to achieve allele-specific genome editing in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2017;6:125-131 pubmed publisher..These experiments demonstrate that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) present throughout the genome can be utilised to increase the efficiency of in cis genome editing using CRISPR/Cas9 in the zebrafish model. ..
- Chew T, Liu X, Liu L, Spitsbergen J, Gong Z, Low B. Crosstalk of Ras and Rho: activation of RhoA abates Kras-induced liver tumorigenesis in transgenic zebrafish models. Oncogene. 2014;33:2717-27 pubmed publisher..an alternate cancer model, we have generated liver-specific, Tet-on-inducible transgenic lines expressing oncogenic Kras(G12V), RhoA, constitutively active RhoA(G14V) or dominant-negative RhoA(T19N)...
- Förster D, Arnold Ammer I, Laurell E, Barker A, Fernandes A, Finger Baier K, et al. Genetic targeting and anatomical registration of neuronal populations in the zebrafish brain with a new set of BAC transgenic tools. Sci Rep. 2017;7:5230 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study offers new tools for functional studies of specific neural circuits in zebrafish. ..