Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: klf17
Description: Kruppel-like factor 17
Alias: biklf, id:ibd5109, ik:tdsubc_1b8, ik:tdsubc_1e12, ik:tdsubc_1e5, klf4, klf4b, wu:fc09b11, xx:tdsubc_1b8, xx:tdsubc_1e12, xx:tdsubc_1e5, zgc:109839, Kruppel-like factor 17, Kruppel-like factor 4, Kruppel-like factor 4b, blood island-enriched Kruppel-li, blood island-enriched Kruppel-like factor, etID46628.2
- Novodvorsky P, Watson O, Gray C, Wilkinson R, Reeve S, Smythe C, et al. klf2ash317 Mutant Zebrafish Do Not Recapitulate Morpholino-Induced Vascular and Haematopoietic Phenotypes. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0141611 pubmed publisher..We detected vascular expression of klf2b (but not klf4a or biklf/klf4b/klf17) in wildtypes but found no differences in expression that might account for the lack of phenotype in ..
- Wada T, Hara M, Taneda T, Qingfu C, Takata R, Moro K, et al. Antisense morpholino targeting just upstream from a poly(A) tail junction of maternal mRNA removes the tail and inhibits translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:e173 pubmed publisher..The MO removed the elongated poly(A) tail from maternal matured mRNA. This antisense method introduces a new application for the targeted downregulation of maternal mRNAs in animal oocytes, eggs and early embryos...
- Lindeman L, Reiner A, Mathavan S, Alestrom P, Collas P. Tiling histone H3 lysine 4 and 27 methylation in zebrafish using high-density microarrays. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15651 pubmed publisher..We have designed and validated for the scientific community a comprehensive high-resolution tiling microarray for investigations of epigenetic states in zebrafish, a widely used developmental and disease model organism. ..
- Hanaoka R, Katayama S, Dawid I, Kawahara A. Characterization of the heme synthesis enzyme coproporphyrinogen oxidase (CPO) in zebrafish erythrogenesis. Genes Cells. 2006;11:293-303 pubmed..Furthermore, expression of CPO in the ICM is severely suppressed in both vlad tepes/gata1 mutants and in biklf-MO-injected embryos. In contrast, over-expression of biklf and gata1 significantly induces ectopic CPO expression...
- Galloway J, Wingert R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Zon L. Combinatorial regulation of novel erythroid gene expression in zebrafish. Exp Hematol. 2008;36:424-32 pubmed publisher..Upon examination of embryos deficient for Gata1, Gata2, Biklf, and/or Scl, we found distinct gene combinations were required for expression of the novel genes...
- Kawahara A, Endo S, Dawid I. Vap (Vascular Associated Protein): a novel factor involved in erythropoiesis and angiogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;421:367-74 pubmed publisher..We propose that Vap plays an important role in the maturation of endothelial and erythroid cells in zebrafish. ..
- Mishima Y, Tomari Y. Pervasive yet nonuniform contributions of Dcp2 and Cnot7 to maternal mRNA clearance in zebrafish. Genes Cells. 2017;22:670-678 pubmed publisher..Our results show pervasive yet nonuniform contributions of the decapping enzyme Dcp2 and the deadenylase Cnot7 to maternal mRNA clearance. ..
- Yang H, Zhou Y, Gu J, Xie S, Xu Y, Zhu G, et al. Deep mRNA sequencing analysis to capture the transcriptome landscape of zebrafish embryos and larvae. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64058 pubmed publisher..Our study provides ample information for further study about the molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying vertebrate development. ..
- Sumanas S, Jorniak T, Lin S. Identification of novel vascular endothelial-specific genes by the microarray analysis of the zebrafish cloche mutants. Blood. 2005;106:534-41 pubmed..Further functional studies of these novel genes should help to elucidate critical early steps leading to the formation of vertebrate blood vessels. ..
- Kitaguchi T, Kawakami K, Kawahara A. Transcriptional regulation of a myeloid-lineage specific gene lysozyme C during zebrafish myelopoiesis. Mech Dev. 2009;126:314-23 pubmed publisher..1 together induced ectopic lyz expression in the intermediated cell mass (ICM). Thus, we propose that c/ebp1 and runx1 presumably cooperated with pu.1 in the transcriptional regulation of lyz during zebrafish myelopoiesis. ..
- Aman A, Piotrowski T. Wnt/beta-catenin and Fgf signaling control collective cell migration by restricting chemokine receptor expression. Dev Cell. 2008;15:749-61 pubmed publisher..Although the Fgf, Wnt/beta-catenin, and chemokine signaling pathways are well known to be involved in cancer progression, these studies provide in vivo evidence that these pathways are functionally linked. ..
- Swindell E, Zilinski C, Hashimoto R, Shah R, Lane M, Jamrich M. Regulation and function of foxe3 during early zebrafish development. Genesis. 2008;46:177-83 pubmed publisher..Using morpholinos against the zinc finger Kruppel-like factor 4 (KLF4) we show that foxe3 is regulated differently in the polster and in the lens...
- Pfefferli C, Muller F, Jazwinska A, Wicky C. Specific NuRD components are required for fin regeneration in zebrafish. BMC Biol. 2014;12:30 pubmed publisher..These results provide in vivo evidence for the involvement of key epigenetic factors in the cellular reprogramming processes occurring during epimorphic regeneration in zebrafish. ..
- Gauron C, Rampon C, Bouzaffour M, Ipendey E, Teillon J, Volovitch M, et al. Sustained production of ROS triggers compensatory proliferation and is required for regeneration to proceed. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2084 pubmed publisher..These results implicate oxidative stress in regeneration and provide new insights into the differences between healing and regeneration. ..
- Wu S, Zhang H, Cairns B. Genes for embryo development are packaged in blocks of multivalent chromatin in zebrafish sperm. Genome Res. 2011;21:578-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, gene sets with particular functions in the embryo are packaged by distinctive types of complex and often atypical chromatin in sperm. ..
- Joseph S, PÃ¡lfy M, Hilbert L, Kumar M, Karschau J, Zaburdaev V, et al. Competition between histone and transcription factor binding regulates the onset of transcription in zebrafish embryos. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the relative levels of histones and transcription factors regulate the onset of transcription in the embryo. ..
- Takeuchi M, Fuse Y, Watanabe M, Andrea C, Takeuchi M, Nakajima H, et al. LSD1/KDM1A promotes hematopoietic commitment of hemangioblasts through downregulation of Etv2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:13922-7 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the LSD1-dependent shutdown of Etv2 gene expression may be a significant event required for hemangioblasts to initiate hematopoietic differentiation. ..
- Galloway J, Wingert R, Thisse C, Thisse B, Zon L. Loss of gata1 but not gata2 converts erythropoiesis to myelopoiesis in zebrafish embryos. Dev Cell. 2005;8:109-16 pubmed..Our studies establish a transcriptional hierarchy of Gata factor dependence during hematopoiesis and demonstrate that gata1 plays an integral role in directing myelo-erythroid lineage fate decisions during embryogenesis. ..
- Rohde L, Oates A, Ho R. A crucial interaction between embryonic red blood cell progenitors and paraxial mesoderm revealed in spadetail embryos. Dev Cell. 2004;7:251-62 pubmed..Importantly, our data identify a hematopoietic microenvironment that allows embryonic RBC production in the zebrafish. ..
- Espina J, Feijóo C, Solís C, Glavic A. csrnp1a is necessary for the development of primitive hematopoiesis progenitors in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53858 pubmed publisher..These and previous observations suggest an important role of Csnrps transcription factors in progenitor biology, both in the neural and hematopoietic linages. ..
- Robles V, Marti M, Izpisua Belmonte J. Study of pluripotency markers in zebrafish embryos and transient embryonic stem cell cultures. Zebrafish. 2011;8:57-63 pubmed publisher..We consider this study a step forward in the knowledge of zebrafish pluripotency markers and, therefore, an important tool for the monitoring of zebrafish embryonic cell cultures. ..
- Liu H, Leslie E, Jia Z, Smith T, Eshete M, Butali A, et al. Irf6 directly regulates Klf17 in zebrafish periderm and Klf4 in murine oral epithelium, and dominant-negative KLF4 variants are present in patients with cleft lip and palate. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:766-76 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that KrÃ¼ppel-like factor 17 (Klf17), like Grhl3, acts downstream of Irf6 in this network in zebrafish periderm...
- Shao M, Ge G, Liu W, Xiao J, Xia H, Fan Y, et al. Characterization and phylogenetic analysis of Krüppel-like transcription factor (KLF) gene family in tree shrews (Tupaia belangeri chinensis). Oncotarget. 2017;8:16325-16339 pubmed publisher..TbKLF5, like hKLF5, significantly promotes NIH3T3 cell proliferation in vitro. These results provide insight for future studies regarding the structure and function of the tbKLF gene family. ..
- Luo D, Hu W, Chen S, Zhu Z. Critical developmental stages for the efficiency of somatic cell nuclear transfer in zebrafish. Int J Biol Sci. 2011;7:476-86 pubmed..Interestingly, we also revealed that an apparent alteration in klf4 and mycb expression occurred at the dome stage in SCNT embryos from all the three donor cell sources...
- Xiao Y, Gao M, Gao L, Zhao Y, Hong Q, Li Z, et al. Directed Differentiation of Zebrafish Pluripotent Embryonic Cells to Functional Cardiomyocytes. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;7:370-382 pubmed publisher..The technology provides a new platform for the study of heart development and regeneration, in addition to drug discovery, disease modeling, and assessment of cardiotoxic agents. ..