Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: kitlga
Description: kit ligand a
Alias: kitla, kit ligand, slk
- Wang Z, Nishimura Y, Shimada Y, Umemoto N, Hirano M, Zang L, et al. Zebrafish beta-adrenergic receptor mRNA expression and control of pigmentation. Gene. 2009;446:18-27 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that adrb2a may regulate pigmentation, partly by modulating F1F0-ATPase. ..
- Rich A, Leddon S, Hess S, Gibbons S, Miller S, Xu X, et al. Kit-like immunoreactivity in the zebrafish gastrointestinal tract reveals putative ICC. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:903-11 pubmed..specifically designed to amplify mRNA coding for two zebrafish kit genes, kita and kitb, and two kit ligands, kitla and kitlb, amplified the expected transcript from total RNA isolated from zebrafish GI tissues...
- Yao K, Ge W. Spatial distribution and receptor specificity of zebrafish Kit system--evidence for a Kit-mediated bi-directional communication system in the preovulatory ovarian follicle. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56192 pubmed publisherConsisting of Kit ligand and receptor Kit, the Kit system is involved in regulating many ovarian functions such as follicle activation, granulosa cell proliferation, and oocyte growth and maturation...
- Patterson L, Parichy D. Interactions with iridophores and the tissue environment required for patterning melanophores and xanthophores during zebrafish adult pigment stripe formation. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003561 pubmed publisher..show that bnc2 promotes melanophore and xanthophore development by regulating expression of the growth factors Kit ligand a (Kitlga) and Colony stimulating factor-1 (Csf1), respectively...
- Tryon R, Johnson S. Clonal analysis of kit ligand a functional expression reveals lineage-specific competence to promote melanocyte rescue in the mutant regenerating caudal fin. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e102317 pubmed publisher..example to demonstrate this approach, we explored which lineages were competent to functionally express the kit ligand a protein as assessed by the local complementation of the mutation in the sparse-like (kitlgatc244b) background...
- Yin C, Evason K, Maher J, Stainier D. The basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, heart and neural crest derivatives expressed transcript 2, marks hepatic stellate cells in zebrafish: analysis of stellate cell entry into the developing liver. Hepatology. 2012;56:1958-70 pubmed publisher..The Tg(hand2:EGFP) line represents a unique tool for in vivo analysis and molecular dissection of HSC behavior. ..
- Yao K, Lau S, Ge W. Differential regulation of Kit ligand A expression in the ovary by IGF-I via different pathways. Mol Endocrinol. 2014;28:138-50 pubmed publisherb>Kit ligand (KITL) plays indispensable roles both in primordial follicle activation and in the maintenance of meiotic arrest of the oocyte. The regulation of KITL expression in the ovary, however, remains largely unknown...
- Eom D, Bain E, Patterson L, Grout M, Parichy D. Long-distance communication by specialized cellular projections during pigment pattern development and evolution. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a novel mechanism of cellular communication, roles for differentiation state heterogeneity in pigment cell interactions, and an unanticipated morphogenetic behavior contributing to a striking difference in adult form. ..
- Mahony C, Fish R, Pasche C, Bertrand J. tfec controls the hematopoietic stem cell vascular niche during zebrafish embryogenesis. Blood. 2016;128:1336-45 pubmed publisher..The full comprehension of the mechanisms induced by tfec will represent an important milestone toward the expansion of HSCs for regenerative purposes. ..