Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: jun
Description: Jun proto-oncogene, AP-1 transcription factor subunit
Alias: c-Jun, fj36h07, wu:fj36h07, zgc:65863, transcription factor AP-1, jun proto-oncogene, v-jun sarcoma virus 17 oncogene homolog
- Luzio A, Matos M, Santos D, Fontaínhas Fernandes A, Monteiro S, Coimbra A. Disruption of apoptosis pathways involved in zebrafish gonad differentiation by 17?-ethinylestradiol and fadrozole exposures. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;177:269-84 pubmed publisher..FAS; TRADD), anti-apoptotic (BCL-2; MDM2), pro-apoptotic (CASP-2 and -6) and cell proliferation (BIRC5/survivin; JUN) genes and proteins were evaluated...
- Ladhar C, Geffroy B, Cambier S, Tréguer Delapierre M, Durand E, Brèthes D, et al. Impact of dietary cadmium sulphide nanoparticles on Danio rerio zebrafish at very low contamination pressure. Nanotoxicology. 2014;8:676-85 pubmed publisher..Cadmium accumulation in fish tissues (brain and muscles) could only be observed after 60 days of exposure. CdSNPs toxicity was dependent on their size and concentration. ..
- Fang X, Thornton C, Scheffler B, Willett K. Benzo[a]pyrene decreases global and gene specific DNA methylation during zebrafish development. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013;36:40-50 pubmed publisher..in cancer genes such as ras-association domain family member 1 (rassf1), telomerase reverse transcriptase (tert), c-jun, and c-myca...
- Zhao X, Zhang Y, Ni P, Wu Z, Yan Y, Li Y. Protein Arginine Methyltransferase 6 (Prmt6) Is Essential for Early Zebrafish Development through the Direct Suppression of gadd45Î±a Stress Sensor Gene. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:402-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that maternal Prmt6 is essential to early zebrafish development by directly repressing gadd45Î±a. ..
- David A, Margarit E, Domizi P, Banchio C, Armas P, Calcaterra N. G-quadruplexes as novel cis-elements controlling transcription during embryonic development. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:4163-73 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first work revealing in vivo the role of conserved G-quadruplexes in the embryonic development, one of the most regulated processes of the vertebrates biology. ..
- Tregnago C, Manara E, Zampini M, Bisio V, Borga C, Bresolin S, et al. CREB engages C/EBP? to initiate leukemogenesis. Leukemia. 2016;30:1887-96 pubmed publisher..We provide a novel in vivo model to perform high-throughput drug screening for AML cure improvement. ..
- Slade L, Cowie A, Martyniuk C, Kienesberger P, Pulinilkunnil T. Dieldrin Augments mTOR Signaling and Regulates Genes Associated with Cardiovascular Disease in the Adult Zebrafish Heart (Danio rerio). J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2017;361:375-385 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that dieldrin induces genes associated with cardiovascular dysfunction and compromised lysosomal physiology, thereby identifying a novel mechanism for pesticide-induced cardiotoxicity. ..
- Gonzalez P, Baudrimont M, Boudou A, Bourdineaud J. Comparative effects of direct cadmium contamination on gene expression in gills, liver, skeletal muscles and brain of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biometals. 2006;19:225-35 pubmed..Three additional genes, c-jun, pyc and tap, were up-regulated in muscles at day 21 whereas bax, gadd and rad51 had returned to basal levels...
- Fong S, Emelyanov A, Teh C, Korzh V. Wnt signalling mediated by Tbx2b regulates cell migration during formation of the neural plate. Development. 2005;132:3587-96 pubmed..The exclusion of cells lacking T-box proteins in chimeras during development was demonstrated with other T-box genes and may indicate a general functional mechanism for T-box proteins. ..
- Fang X, Corrales J, Thornton C, Scheffler B, Willett K. Global and gene specific DNA methylation changes during zebrafish development. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;166:99-108 pubmed publisher..genes, namely vasa, Ras-association domain family member 1 (rassf1), telomerase reverse transcriptase (tert), c-jun and c-myca, we found that the timing of changes in DNA methylation patterns was gene specific, and changes in gene ..
- Liu J, Zhang D, Xie X, Ouyang G, Liu X, Sun Y, et al. Eaf1 and Eaf2 negatively regulate canonical Wnt/?-catenin signaling. Development. 2013;140:1067-78 pubmed publisher..repeat region and C-terminus of ?-catenin, as well as to other ?-catenin transcription complex proteins, such as c-Jun, Tcf and Axin, suggesting the formation of a novel complex...
- Ben Moshe Z, Alon S, Mracek P, Faigenbloom L, Tovin A, Vatine G, et al. The light-induced transcriptome of the zebrafish pineal gland reveals complex regulation of the circadian clockwork by light. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3750-67 pubmed publisher..Together, this genome-wide approach and functional characterization of light-induced factors indicate a multi-level regulation of the circadian clockwork by light...
- Han R, Wang R, Zhao Q, Han Y, Zong S, Miao S, et al. Trim69 regulates zebrafish brain development by ap-1 pathway. Sci Rep. 2016;6:24034 pubmed publisher..Results of this study also showed an interaction between TRIM69 and c-Jun in human cells, and upon TRIM69 knock down c-Jun expression subsequently increased, whereas the over-expression of ..
- Ishida T, Nakajima T, Kudo A, Kawakami A. Phosphorylation of Junb family proteins by the Jun N-terminal kinase supports tissue regeneration in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;340:468-79 pubmed publisher..It has been demonstrated that the mammalian JunB is not phosphorylated by the Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) due to the absence of a target site...
- Jahangiri L, Sharpe M, Novikov N, GonzÃ¡lez Rosa J, Borikova A, Nevis K, et al. The AP-1 transcription factor component Fosl2 potentiates the rate of myocardial differentiation from the zebrafish second heart field. Development. 2016;143:113-22 pubmed publisher..Our data implicate Fosl2 in promoting the progenitor to cardiomyocyte transition and uncover the existence of regulatory mechanisms to ensure appropriate SHF-mediated cardiomyocyte contribution irrespective of embryonic stage. ..
- Shen L, Zhu J, Chen F, Lin W, Cai J, Zhong J, et al. RUNX1-Evi-1 fusion gene inhibited differentiation and apoptosis in myelopoiesis: an in vivo study. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:970 pubmed publisher..VPA may be a promising choice in the molecular targeting therapy of RUNX1-Evi-1-related leukemia. ..
- Yuan H, Wen B, Liu X, Gao C, Yang R, Wang L, et al. CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein Î± is required for hepatic outgrowth via the p53 pathway in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2015;5:15838 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings for the first time demonstrate a stage-specific role for C/ebpÎ± during liver organogenesis. ..
- KovÃ¡cs R, Csenki Z, Bakos K, UrbÃ¡nyi B, HorvÃ¡th Ã, Garaj Vrhovac V, et al. Assessment of toxicity and genotoxicity of low doses of 5-fluorouracil in zebrafish (Danio rerio) two-generation study. Water Res. 2015;77:201-212 pubmed publisher..e., jun, myca)...
- Evason K, Francisco M, Juric V, Balakrishnan S, Lopez Pazmino M, Gordan J, et al. Identification of Chemical Inhibitors of Î²-Catenin-Driven Liver Tumorigenesis in Zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005305 pubmed publisher..model, we screened for druggable pathways that mediate Î²-catenin-induced liver growth and identified two c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) inhibitors and two antidepressants (one tricyclic antidepressant, amitriptyline, and one ..
- Wei S, Huang Y, Huang X, Qin Q. Characterization of c-Jun from orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides involved in SGIV infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:230-40 pubmed publisherThe nuclear phosphoprotein c-Jun is a member of the AP1 family of transcription activating complex, can be induced by various extracellular stimuli such as virus infection...
- Sheng L, Wang L, Su M, Zhao X, Hu R, Yu X, et al. Mechanism of TiO2 nanoparticle-induced neurotoxicity in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Toxicol. 2016;31:163-75 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the low dose exposures of TiO2 NPs significantly activated expressions of C-fos, C-jun, and BDNF genes, and suppressed expressions of p38, NGF, CREB, NR1, NR2ab, and GluR2 genes...
- Elsaeidi F, Bemben M, Zhao X, Goldman D. Jak/Stat signaling stimulates zebrafish optic nerve regeneration and overcomes the inhibitory actions of Socs3 and Sfpq. J Neurosci. 2014;34:2632-44 pubmed publisher..These studies not only identified mechanisms underlying optic nerve regeneration in fish but also suggest new molecular targets for enhancing optic nerve regeneration in mammals. ..
- Li S, Lou S, Lei B, Chan T, Kwan Y, Chan S, et al. Transcriptional profiling of angiogenesis activities of calycosin in zebrafish. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:3112-21 pubmed publisher..The data have elucidated the connection between morphological observations and genomic evidence, indicating the potential roles of several key signaling pathways in angiogenesis. ..
- Veth K, Willer J, Collery R, Gray M, Willer G, Wagner D, et al. Mutations in zebrafish lrp2 result in adult-onset ocular pathogenesis that models myopia and other risk factors for glaucoma. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1001310 pubmed publisher..Our studies implicate altered Lrp2-mediated homeostasis as important for myopia and other risk factors for glaucoma in humans and establish a new genetic model for further study of phenotypes associated with this disease. ..
- Veldman M, Bemben M, Goldman D. Tuba1a gene expression is regulated by KLF6/7 and is necessary for CNS development and regeneration in zebrafish. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;43:370-83 pubmed publisher..These results suggest tuba1a expression is necessary for CNS development and regeneration and that KLF6a and 7a mediate their effects, at least in part, via transcriptional control of tuba1a promoter activity. ..
- Zearfoss N, Alarcon J, Trifilieff P, Kandel E, Richter J. A molecular circuit composed of CPEB-1 and c-Jun controls growth hormone-mediated synaptic plasticity in the mouse hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2008;28:8502-9 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor c-Jun, which binds the GH promoter, was also reduced in the KO hippocampus, as was its ability to coimmunoprecipitate ..
- Gan X, Wang J, Xi Y, Wu Z, Li Y, Li L. Nuclear Dvl, c-Jun, beta-catenin, and TCF form a complex leading to stabilization of beta-catenin-TCF interaction. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:1087-100 pubmed publisher..Here, we find that Dvl and c-Jun form a complex with beta-catenin-T-cell factor 4 (TCF-4) on the promoter of Wnt target genes and regulate gene ..
- Chen Y, Zhu J, Chan K. Effects of cadmium on cell proliferation, apoptosis, and proto-oncogene expression in zebrafish liver cells. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;157:196-206 pubmed publisher..We also found dramatic changes in the gene expression of c-jun and igf1rb at different exposure time points, supporting the notion that potentially tumorigenic of Cd-is involved ..
- Brun N, Lenz M, Wehrli B, Fent K. Comparative effects of zinc oxide nanoparticles and dissolved zinc on zebrafish embryos and eleuthero-embryos: importance of zinc ions. Sci Total Environ. 2014;476-477:657-66 pubmed publisher..Overall, transcriptional alterations were higher in embryos than eleuthero-embryos. The similarities of the effects lead to the conclusion that effects of nZnO are mainly related to the release of Zn(II). ..