Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: jak2a
Description: Janus kinase 2a
Alias: jak4, tyrosine-protein kinase JAK2, Jak2a kinase, TEL/JAK2 fusion protein
- Lewis R, Noor S, Fraser F, Sertori R, Liongue C, Ward A. Regulation of embryonic hematopoiesis by a cytokine-inducible SH2 domain homolog in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2014;192:5739-48 pubmed publisher..This occurred concomitantly with increased activation of STAT5. This study indicates that CISH functions as a conserved in vivo target and regulator of STAT5 in the control of embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Lin Q, Zhou R, Zheng Y, Zhao L, Huang M, Zhang X, et al. Establishment of a congenital amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia model and a thrombocyte-specific reporter line in zebrafish. Leukemia. 2017;31:1206-1216 pubmed publisher..Together with Tg(mpl:eGFP)smu4, mpl mutant zebrafish provide a useful tool for drug screening and study of thrombocytopoiesis. ..
- Ma A, Fan A, Ward A, Liongue C, Lewis R, Cheng S, et al. A novel zebrafish jak2a(V581F) model shared features of human JAK2(V617F) polycythemia vera. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:1379-1386.e4 pubmed publisher..In this study, we generated a zebrafish ortholog of human JAK2(V617F) (referred herewith jak2a(V581F)) by site-directed mutagenesis and examined its relevance as a model of human PV.
- Sung J, Jeon J, Lee J, Kim C. Zebrafish Jak2a plays a crucial role in definitive hematopoiesis and blood vessel formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:629-33 pubmed publisherWe examined the role of zebrafish (Danio rerio) Jak2a, a homolog of mammalian Jak2, in the developing embryo by injecting in vitro synthesized Jak2a shRNA into zebrafish zygotes...
- Yamakoshi K, Shishido Y, Shimoda N. Generation of aberrant transcripts of and free DNA ends in zebrafish no tail gene. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2005;7:163-72 pubmed..DSEs were also generated in another zebrafish gene, noggin2 (nog2). DSEs in ntl and nog2 had common characteristics, which suggested that the AT repeats in these genes elicited DSEs by blocking progression of the replication. ..
- Onnebo S, Rasighaemi P, Kumar J, Liongue C, Ward A. Alternative TEL-JAK2 fusions associated with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia and atypical chronic myelogenous leukemia dissected in zebrafish. Haematologica. 2012;97:1895-903 pubmed publisher..leukemia and atypical chronic myelogenous leukemia were generated using the corresponding zebrafish tel and jak2a genes and placed under the control of either the white blood cell-specific spi1 promoter or the ubiquitously-..
- Van de Peer Y, Frickey T, Taylor J, Meyer A. Dealing with saturation at the amino acid level: a case study based on anciently duplicated zebrafish genes. Gene. 2002;295:205-11 pubmed..When trees are computed by omitting the saturated fraction of sites, most fish duplicates are sister sequences. ..
- Ma A, Lee H, Clark K, Ekker S. High efficiency In Vivo genome engineering with a simplified 15-RVD GoldyTALEN design. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65259 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these high efficiency 15-RVD GoldyTALENs are useful for high-throughput mutagenesis in diverse application including hypothesis testing from basic science to precision medicine...
- Zhu X, Liu R, Guan J, Zeng W, Yin J, Zhang Y. Jak2a regulates erythroid and myeloid hematopoiesis during zebrafish embryogenesis. Int J Med Sci. 2017;14:758-763 pubmed publisher..Here, we examined the expression level of Jak2a, which is a homolog of mammalian jak2 in zebrafish, by quantitative reverse transcriptase (RT)-PCR, and the peak ..