Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: jag2b
Description: jagged 2b
Alias: jag2, serB, zgc:152855, protein jagged-2, jagged 2, serrateB, unp1068
- Janicke M, Carney T, Hammerschmidt M. Foxi3 transcription factors and Notch signaling control the formation of skin ionocytes from epidermal precursors of the zebrafish embryo. Dev Biol. 2007;307:258-71 pubmed..A model for ionocyte versus keratinocyte development will be presented, postulating additional thus far unidentified pro-ionocyte factors. ..
- Chang W, Horng J, Yan J, Hsiao C, Hwang P. The transcription factor, glial cell missing 2, is involved in differentiation and functional regulation of H+-ATPase-rich cells in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1192-201 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, functional regulation of HR cells is probably achieved by enhancing cell differentiation via zGCM2 activation. ..
- Mitsiadis T, Graf D, Luder H, Gridley T, Bluteau G. BMPs and FGFs target Notch signalling via jagged 2 to regulate tooth morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation. Development. 2010;137:3025-35 pubmed publisher..We have analysed the expression, regulation and function of the jagged 2 (Jag2) gene, which encodes a ligand for the Notch family of receptors, in developing mouse teeth...
- Gui J, Greene C, Sullivan C, Taylor W, Moore J, KIM C. Testing multiple hypotheses through IMP weighted FDR based on a genetic functional network with application to a new zebrafish transcriptome study. BioData Min. 2015;8:17 pubmed publisher..We compared the mRNA expression for each group and found over 200 differentially expressed genes and several enriched pathways including defense response pathways, arsenic response pathways, and the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Mahler J, Filippi A, Driever W. DeltaA/DeltaD regulate multiple and temporally distinct phases of notch signaling during dopaminergic neurogenesis in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2010;30:16621-35 pubmed publisher..Rather, DeltaA/D limits the size of the sim1a- and otpa-expressing precursor pool from which dopaminergic neurons differentiate. ..
- Packard R, Baek K, Beebe T, Jen N, Ding Y, Shi F, et al. Automated Segmentation of Light-Sheet Fluorescent Imaging to Characterize Experimental Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiac Injury and Repair. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8603 pubmed publisher..05, n?=?6-14). Our approach provides a high-throughput model with translational implications for drug discovery and genetic modifiers of chemotherapy-induced cardiomyopathy. ..
- Zuniga E, Stellabotte F, Crump J. Jagged-Notch signaling ensures dorsal skeletal identity in the vertebrate face. Development. 2010;137:1843-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate a novel function of Jagged-Notch signaling in ensuring dorsal identity within broad fields of facial skeletal precursors. ..
- Delfino Machin M, Madelaine R, Busolin G, Nikaido M, Colanesi S, Camargo Sosa K, et al. Sox10 contributes to the balance of fate choice in dorsal root ganglion progenitors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0172947 pubmed publisher..Sox10 is thus a key transcription factor in achieving the balance of sensory neuronal and glial fates. ..
- Wang X, Wang X, Yuan W, Chai R, Liu D. Egfl6 is involved in zebrafish notochord development. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2015;41:961-9 pubmed publisher..We found that inhibition of Notch signaling by DAPT efficiently rescued notochord developmental defect of Egfl6 deficiency embryos. ..
- O Brien L, Grimaldi M, Kostun Z, Wingert R, Selleck R, Davidson A. Wt1a, Foxc1a, and the Notch mediator Rbpj physically interact and regulate the formation of podocytes in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2011;358:318-30 pubmed publisher..These findings further our understanding of the transcriptional circuitry responsible for podocyte formation and differentiation during kidney development. ..
- Pascoal S, Esteves de Lima J, Leslie J, Hughes S, Saude L. Notch signalling is required for the formation of structurally stable muscle fibres in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68021 pubmed publisher..We propose that by controlling the differentiation of myogenic progenitor cells, Notch signalling might secure the formation of structurally stable muscle fibres in the zebrafish pectoral fin. ..
- Morris J, Chomyk A, Song P, Parker N, Deckard S, Trapp B, et al. Decrease in levels of the evolutionarily conserved microRNA miR-124 affects oligodendrocyte numbers in Zebrafish, Danio rerio. Invert Neurosci. 2015;15:4 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results add a new dimension to the existing complexity of neuron-glial relationships and highlight the utility of Danio rerio as a model system to investigate such interactions. ..
- Yeo S, Chitnis A. Jagged-mediated Notch signaling maintains proliferating neural progenitors and regulates cell diversity in the ventral spinal cord. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5913-8 pubmed
- Zhang D, Gates K, Barske L, Wang G, Lancman J, Zeng X, et al. Endoderm Jagged induces liver and pancreas duct lineage in zebrafish. Nat Commun. 2017;8:769 pubmed publisher..zebrafish embryos with compound homozygous mutations in two Notch ligand genes, jagged1b (jag1b) and jagged2b (jag2b) exhibit a complete loss of canonical Notch activity and duct cells within the liver and exocrine pancreas, ..
- Yee N, Lorent K, Pack M. Exocrine pancreas development in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2005;284:84-101 pubmed..By contrast, analyses of mind bomb mutants and jagged morpholino-injected larvae suggest that Notch signaling principally regulates ductal differentiation of bipotential exocrine progenitors. ..
- Romero Carvajal A, Navajas Acedo J, Jiang L, Kozlovskaja GumbrienÄ— A, Alexander R, Li H, et al. Regeneration of Sensory Hair Cells Requires Localized Interactions between the Notch and Wnt Pathways. Dev Cell. 2015;34:267-82 pubmed publisher..The striking similaritiesÂ toÂ other vertebrate stem cell compartments uniquely place zebrafish to help elucidate why mammals possess such low capacity to regenerate hair cells. ..
- Tian J, Ling L, Shboul M, Lee H, O CONNOR B, Merriman B, et al. Loss of CHSY1, a secreted FRINGE enzyme, causes syndromic brachydactyly in humans via increased NOTCH signaling. Am J Hum Genet. 2010;87:768-78 pubmed publisher..of CHSY1 by RNAi knockdown resulted in enhanced osteogenesis in fetal osteoblasts and remarkable upregulation of JAG2 in glioblastoma cells...
- Wang X, Yuan W, Wang X, Qi J, Qin Y, Shi Y, et al. The somite-secreted factor Maeg promotes zebrafish embryonic angiogenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:77749-77763 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Maeg acts as a positive regulator of angiogenic cell behavior and formation of functional vessels. ..
- Alunni A, Krecsmarik M, Bosco A, Galant S, Pan L, Moens C, et al. Notch3 signaling gates cell cycle entry and limits neural stem cell amplification in the adult pallium. Development. 2013;140:3335-47 pubmed publisher..They implicate Notch3 at the top of this hierarchy to gate NSC activation and amplification, protecting the homeostasis of adult NSC reservoirs under physiological conditions. ..
- Geudens I, Herpers R, Hermans K, Segura I, Ruiz de Almodovar C, Bussmann J, et al. Role of delta-like-4/Notch in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:1695-702 pubmed publisher..At a later phase, Notch silencing impaired navigation of lymphatic intersomitic vessels along their arterial templates. These studies imply critical roles for Notch signaling in the formation and wiring of the lymphatic network. ..
- Dias T, Yang Y, Ogai K, Becker T, Becker C. Notch signaling controls generation of motor neurons in the lesioned spinal cord of adult zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2012;32:3245-52 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that Notch is a negative signal for regenerative neurogenesis, and, importantly, that spinal motor neuron regeneration can be augmented in an adult vertebrate by inhibiting Notch signaling. ..
- Krueger J, Liu D, Scholz K, Zimmer A, Shi Y, Klein C, et al. Flt1 acts as a negative regulator of tip cell formation and branching morphogenesis in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2011;138:2111-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, Flt1 acts in a Notch-dependent manner as a negative regulator of tip cell differentiation and branching. Flt1 distribution may be fine-tuned, involving interactions with the developing nervous system. ..
- Lee J, Fei P, Packard R, Kang H, Xu H, Baek K, et al. 4-Dimensional light-sheet microscopy to elucidate shear stress modulation of cardiac trabeculation. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:1679-90 pubmed publisher..Subjecting endothelial cells to pulsatile flow in the presence of the ADAM10 inhibitor corroborated shear stress-activated Notch signaling to modulate trabeculation. ..
- Lecaudey V, Ulloa E, Anselme I, Stedman A, Schneider Maunoury S, Pujades C. Role of the hindbrain in patterning the otic vesicle: a study of the zebrafish vhnf1 mutant. Dev Biol. 2007;303:134-43 pubmed..They suggest that, despite the evolution of inner ear structure and function, some of the mechanisms underlying the regionalisation of the otic vesicle in fish and amniotes have been conserved. ..