Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: itga5
Description: integrin, alpha 5 (fibronectin receptor, alpha polypeptide)
Alias: sb:cb665, wu:fe02h07, integrin alpha-5, fibronectin receptor alpha subunit, integrin alpha5, polypterus
- Michaelis U, Chavakis E, Kruse C, Jungblut B, Kaluza D, Wandzioch K, et al. The polarity protein Scrib is essential for directed endothelial cell migration. Circ Res. 2013;112:924-34 pubmed publisher..Scrib is a novel regulator of integrin ?5 turnover and sorting, which is required for oriented cell migration and sprouting angiogenesis. ..
- Bhat N, Riley B. Integrin-?5 coordinates assembly of posterior cranial placodes in zebrafish and enhances Fgf-dependent regulation of otic/epibranchial cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27778 pubmed publisher..We have investigated whether placodal assembly in zebrafish requires Integrin- ?5 (itga5), an extracellular matrix receptor initially expressed throughout the preplacodal ectoderm...
- Lupo G, Gestri G, O Brien M, Denton R, Chandraratna R, Ley S, et al. Retinoic acid receptor signaling regulates choroid fissure closure through independent mechanisms in the ventral optic cup and periocular mesenchyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:8698-703 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the identification of two cohorts of genes implicated in ventral eye morphogenesis may help to elucidate the genetic basis of ocular coloboma in humans. ..
- Qiao L, Gao H, Zhang T, Jing L, Xiao C, Xiao Y, et al. Snail modulates the assembly of fibronectin via ?5 integrin for myocardial migration in zebrafish embryos. Sci Rep. 2014;4:4470 pubmed publisher..The results provide the molecular mechanism how Snail controls the morphogenesis of heart during embryonic development. ..
- Olesnicky E, Hernandez Lagunas L, Artinger K. prdm1a Regulates sox10 and islet1 in the development of neural crest and Rohon-Beard sensory neurons. Genesis. 2010;48:656-66 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identified a number of other novel downstream targets of Prdm1a that may be important for the development of diverse tissues during zebrafish embryogenesis. ..
- McCurley A, Callard G. Time Course Analysis of Gene Expression Patterns in Zebrafish Eye During Optic Nerve Regeneration. J Exp Neurosci. 2010;2010:17-33 pubmed
- Lamonica K, Ding H, Artinger K. prdm1a functions upstream of itga5 in zebrafish craniofacial development. Genesis. 2015;53:270-7 pubmed publisher..analysis between wildtype and prdm1a mutants at 25 h post fertilization demonstrated that integrin Î±5 (itga5) is differentially expressed in prdm1a mutants...
- Crump J, Swartz M, Kimmel C. An integrin-dependent role of pouch endoderm in hyoid cartilage development. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E244 pubmed..Lastly, we discuss the implications of a mosaic assembly of the facial skeleton for the evolution of ray-finned fish. ..
- Chiu C, Chou C, Takada S, Liu Y. Development and fibronectin signaling requirements of the zebrafish interrenal vessel. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43040 pubmed publisher..The accumulation of peri-IRV Fn requires Integrin ?5 (Itga5), with its knockdown leading to interrenal and IRV morphologies phenocopying those in the fn1 morphant and mutant...