Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: itga2b
Description: integrin, alpha 2b
Alias: si:dkey-27b3.6, integrin alpha-IIb, CD41, GPIIb, glycoprotein IIb, integrin, alpha 2b (platelet glycoprotein IIb of IIb/IIIa complex, antigen CD41B)
- Soza Ried C, Hess I, Netuschil N, Schorpp M, Boehm T. Essential role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is evolutionarily conserved. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:17304-8 pubmed publisher..Our results, therefore, suggest that the key role of c-myb in definitive hematopoiesis is similar to that in mammals and must have become established early in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Bertrand J, Cisson J, Stachura D, Traver D. Notch signaling distinguishes 2 waves of definitive hematopoiesis in the zebrafish embryo. Blood. 2010;115:2777-83 pubmed publisher..These studies establish that HSCs are the only hematopoietic precursor that requires Notch signaling and help to clarify the signaling events underlying the specification of the 2 distinct waves of definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Zhao Y, Huang X, Ding T, Gong Z. Enhanced angiogenesis, hypoxia and neutrophil recruitment during Myc-induced liver tumorigenesis in zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:31952 pubmed publisher..In sum, the current study demonstrated that the Myc-induced liver tumor model in zebrafish provides an excellent platform for study of tumor microenvironment. ..
- Ablooglu A, Kang J, Handin R, Traver D, Shattil S. The zebrafish vitronectin receptor: characterization of integrin alphaV and beta3 expression patterns in early vertebrate development. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2268-76 pubmed..Furthermore, when beta3.1 expression profiles are compared to those of other potential alphaV partners (beta1, beta5, and beta8), pharyngeal dentitions appear to represent a unique expression field for alphaV and beta3.1. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Zon L, Traver D, Bartunek P. Ex vivo tools for the clonal analysis of zebrafish hematopoiesis. Nat Protoc. 2016;11:1007-20 pubmed publisher..The present protocol should facilitate such studies on cells derived from zebrafish. ..
- Svoboda O, Stachura D, Machonova O, Pajer P, Brynda J, Zon L, et al. Dissection of vertebrate hematopoiesis using zebrafish thrombopoietin. Blood. 2014;124:220-8 pubmed publisher..Tpo mRNA expanded itga2b:GFP(+) (cd41:GFP(+)) thrombocytes as well as hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (HSPCs) in the zebrafish ..
- Page D, Wittamer V, Bertrand J, Lewis K, Pratt D, Delgado N, et al. An evolutionarily conserved program of B-cell development and activation in zebrafish. Blood. 2013;122:e1-11 pubmed publisher..The IgM1:eGFP reporter fish are the first nonmammalian B-cell reporter animals to be described. They will be important for further investigation of immune cell evolution and development and host-pathogen interactions in zebrafish...
- Du L, Xu J, Li X, Ma N, Liu Y, Peng J, et al. Rumba and Haus3 are essential factors for the maintenance of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells during zebrafish hematopoiesis. Development. 2011;138:619-29 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies Rumba and Haus3 as two essential regulators of HSPC maintenance during zebrafish fetal hematopoiesis. ..
- Cooney J, Hildick Smith G, Shafizadeh E, McBride P, Carroll K, Anderson H, et al. Teleost growth factor independence (gfi) genes differentially regulate successive waves of hematopoiesis. Dev Biol. 2013;373:431-41 pubmed publisher..Conversely, loss of gfi1b silences runx-1, c-myb, ikaros and cd41, indicating that gfi1b is required for definitive hematopoiesis...
- Louwette S, Labarque V, Wittevrongel C, Thys C, Metz J, Gijsbers R, et al. Regulator of G-protein signaling 18 controls megakaryopoiesis and the cilia-mediated vertebrate mechanosensory system. FASEB J. 2012;26:2125-36 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study is the first to show that RGS18 regulates megakaryopoiesis but also reveals its unexpected role in ciliogenesis, at least in lower vertebrates, via interference with Wnt signaling. ..
- Amigo J, Ackermann G, Cope J, Yu M, Cooney J, Ma D, et al. The role and regulation of friend of GATA-1 (FOG-1) during blood development in the zebrafish. Blood. 2009;114:4654-63 pubmed publisher..One of these enhancers contains functional GATA-binding sites, indicating the potential for a regulatory loop in which GATA factors control the expression of their partner protein FOG-1. ..
- San Antonio J, Zoeller J, Habursky K, Turner K, Pimtong W, Burrows M, et al. A key role for the integrin alpha2beta1 in experimental and developmental angiogenesis. Am J Pathol. 2009;175:1338-47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide strong biochemical and genetic evidence of a central role for alpha2beta1 integrin in experimental and developmental angiogenesis. ..
- Keightley M, Layton J, Hayman J, Heath J, Lieschke G. Mediator subunit 12 is required for neutrophil development in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23845 pubmed publisher..Syr shows defects in hematopoiesis, which predominantly affect the myeloid lineage. Syr has identified a hematopoietic cell-specific requirement for Med12, suggesting a new role for this transcriptional regulator. ..
- Zhou T, Wang L, Zhu K, Dong M, Xu P, Chen Y, et al. Dominant-negative C/ebp? and polycomb group protein Bmi1 extend short-lived hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell life span and induce lethal dyserythropoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:3842-52 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Bmi1 acts immediately downstream of C/ebp?DN to regulate the survival and self-renewal of HSPCs and contribute to the erythropoietic dysplasia. ..
- Tournoij E, Weber G, Akkerman J, de Groot P, Zon L, Moll F, et al. Mlck1a is expressed in zebrafish thrombocytes and is an essential component of thrombus formation. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:588-95 pubmed publisher..5-fold enriched in platelets. Furthermore, mlck1a mRNA and mRNA for the platelet-specific cd41 co-localized in thrombi. Expression of other mlck subtypes was lower in GFP-tagged platelets (mlck1b; 0...
- Johnson H, Gandhi M, Shafizadeh E, Langer N, Pierce E, Paw B, et al. In vivo inactivation of MASTL kinase results in thrombocytopenia. Exp Hematol. 2009;37:901-8 pubmed publisher..knockdown of MASTL in zebrafish correlates with a decrease in the expression of the thrombopoietin receptor, c-mpl, and the CD41 platelet adhesion protein, GpIIb, but has no effect on essential housekeeping zebrafish gene, EF1alpha.
- O Connor M, Salles I, Cvejic A, Watkins N, Walker A, Garner S, et al. Functional genomics in zebrafish permits rapid characterization of novel platelet membrane proteins. Blood. 2009;113:4754-62 pubmed publisher..We conclude that phenotypic analysis of MO-injected zebrafish is a fast and powerful method for initial screening of novel platelet proteins for function in thrombosis. ..
- Zhu S, Zhang X, Weichert Leahey N, Dong Z, Zhang C, Lopez G, et al. LMO1 Synergizes with MYCN to Promote Neuroblastoma Initiation and Metastasis. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:310-323.e5 pubmed publisher..and elevated expression levels of genes affecting tumor cell-extracellular matrix interaction, including loxl3, itga2b, itga3, and itga5...