Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: isg15
Description: ISG15 ubiquitin-like modifier
Alias: g1p2, si:rp71-1c23.2, si:rp71-1c23.2, interferon stimulated gene, 15 kDa, interferon, alpha-inducible protein, zfISG15
- Langevin C, van der Aa L, Houel A, Torhy C, Briolat V, Lunazzi A, et al. Zebrafish ISG15 exerts a strong antiviral activity against RNA and DNA viruses and regulates the interferon response. J Virol. 2013;87:10025-36 pubmed publisherb>ISG15, a 15-kDa interferon-induced protein that participates in antiviral defenses of mammals, is highly conserved among vertebrates. In fish, as in mammals, viral infection and interferon treatment induce isg15 expression...
- Wong R, Oxendine S, Godwin J. Behavioral and neurogenomic transcriptome changes in wild-derived zebrafish with fluoxetine treatment. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:348 pubmed publisher..This study provides data that could help identify common molecular mechanisms of fluoxetine action across animal taxa. ..
- Ge R, Zhou Y, Peng R, Wang R, Li M, Zhang Y, et al. Conservation of the STING-Mediated Cytosolic DNA Sensing Pathway in Zebrafish. J Virol. 2015;89:7696-706 pubmed publisher..This proof-of-concept study indicates that the zebrafish represents an amenable model for the investigation of cytosolic DNA sensing mechanisms. ..
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Kim S, Ulanova L, Speth M, Novoa B, et al. Use of Poly(I:C) Stabilized with Chitosan As a Vaccine-Adjuvant Against Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia Virus Infection in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:421-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show that poly(I:C) is a promising candidate as an adjuvant for fish vaccination against viral pathogens, and that the zebrafish is a promising model for aquaculture-relevant vaccination studies. ..
- Aleksejeva E, Houel A, Briolat V, Levraud J, Langevin C, Boudinot P. Zebrafish Plzf transcription factors enhance early type I IFN response induced by two non-enveloped RNA viruses. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;57:48-56 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that plzf implication in the regulation of type I IFN responses is conserved across vertebrates, but at multiple levels of the pathway and through different mechanisms. ..
- Zhang Q, Meng F, Chen S, Plouffe S, Wu S, Liu S, et al. Hippo signalling governs cytosolic nucleic acid sensing through YAP/TAZ-mediated TBK1 blockade. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:362-374 pubmed publisher..Thus, we describe a function of YAP/TAZ and the Hippo pathway in innate immunity, by linking cellular nutrient/physical status to antiviral host defence. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Lu Y, Wang F, Liu L, Liu J, et al. Comparative transcriptome analysis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) brain and spleen infected with spring viremia of carp virus (SVCV). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;69:35-45 pubmed publisher..The transcriptome analysis results demonstrated changes and tissue-specific influences caused by SVCV in vivo, which provided us with more information to understand the complex relationships between SVCV and its host. ..
- Xiong R, Nie L, Xiang L, Shao J. Characterization of a PIAS4 homologue from zebrafish: insights into its conserved negative regulatory mechanism in the TRIF, MAVS, and IFN signaling pathways during vertebrate evolution. J Immunol. 2012;188:2653-68 pubmed publisher..It presents valuable clues for improving the understanding of not only the negative regulation of cytokine signaling in fish but also the evolutionary history of the PIAS family from fish to mammals as a whole. ..