Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: irx3a
Description: iroquois homeobox 3a
Alias: hm:zehn0543, id:ibd3380, iro3, irx3, wu:fk88a03, zgc:109805, iroquois-class homeodomain protein IRX-3, iroquois homeobox protein 3a, zehn0543
- Gribble S, Kim H, Bonner J, Wang X, Dorsky R. Tcf3 inhibits spinal cord neurogenesis by regulating sox4a expression. Development. 2009;136:781-9 pubmed publisher..Both of these functions are mediated by Tcf3 independently of canonical Wnt signaling. Together, our data indicate a novel mechanism for the regulation of neurogenesis by Tcf3-mediated repression. ..
- Rinkwitz S, Geng F, Manning E, Suster M, Kawakami K, Becker T. BAC transgenic zebrafish reveal hypothalamic enhancer activity around obesity associated SNP rs9939609 within the human FTO gene. Genesis. 2015;53:640-51 pubmed publisher..tuberculum, the posterior hypothalamus and the anterior brainstem, which are also expression domains of zebrafish irx3a. In contrast, an in-frame insertion of a GFP cassette at the FTO start codon resulted in weak ubiquitous GFP ..
- Choy S, Cheng C, Lee S, Li V, Hui M, Hui C, et al. A cascade of irx1a and irx2a controls shh expression during retinogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3204-14 pubmed publisher..We proposed a novel transcriptional cascade of ath5-irx1a-irx2a in the regulation of hedgehog waves during vertebrate retinal development. ..
- Lewis K, Bates J, Eisen J. Regulation of iro3 expression in the zebrafish spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2005;232:140-8 pubmed..In this study, we analyze expression and regulation of the transcription factor iro3 in zebrafish spinal cord...
- McDonald L, Gerrelli D, Fok Y, Hurst L, Tickle C. Comparison of Iroquois gene expression in limbs/fins of vertebrate embryos. J Anat. 2010;216:683-91 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, Irx genes of all but six of the families are expressed in early stage pectoral fin buds but not at later stages, suggesting that these genes are not involved in patterning distal structures in zebrafish fins. ..
- Jeong J, Einhorn Z, Mathur P, Chen L, Lee S, Kawakami K, et al. Patterning the zebrafish diencephalon by the conserved zinc-finger protein Fezl. Development. 2007;134:127-36 pubmed..Our findings reveal that Fezl is crucial for establishing regional subdivisions within the diencephalon and may also play a role in the development of the telencephalon and hypothalamus. ..
- Lecaudey V, Anselme I, Dildrop R, Ruther U, Schneider Maunoury S. Expression of the zebrafish Iroquois genes during early nervous system formation and patterning. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:289-302 pubmed..Overall, these expression data suggest functions for the Iroquois family of transcription factors in neural and placodal patterning, neurogenesis, and neuronal specification. ..
- Bessa J, Luengo M, Rivero Gil S, Ariza Cosano A, Maia A, Ruiz Ruano F, et al. A mobile insulator system to detect and disrupt cis-regulatory landscapes in vertebrates. Genome Res. 2014;24:487-95 pubmed publisher..We therefore provide a new easy-to-handle tool that will help to disrupt and chart the regulatory activity spread through the vast noncoding regions of the vertebrate genome. ..
- de la Calle Mustienes E, Feijóo C, Manzanares M, Tena J, Rodríguez Seguel E, Letizia A, et al. A functional survey of the enhancer activity of conserved non-coding sequences from vertebrate Iroquois cluster gene deserts. Genome Res. 2005;15:1061-72 pubmed..However, inter-species conserved sequences surrounding the core, specific for each of these UCRs, are able to modulate their expression. ..
- Park H, Shin J, Appel B. Spatial and temporal regulation of ventral spinal cord precursor specification by Hedgehog signaling. Development. 2004;131:5959-69 pubmed..Our studies show that spatial and temporal differences in Hh signaling within a common population of neural precursors can contribute to cell fate diversification. ..
- Bessa J, Tena J, de la Calle Mustienes E, Fernández Miñán A, Naranjo S, Fernandez A, et al. Zebrafish enhancer detection (ZED) vector: a new tool to facilitate transgenesis and the functional analysis of cis-regulatory regions in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2409-17 pubmed publisher..More strikingly, insulator sequences from mouse and chicken, but not conserved in zebrafish, maintain their insulator capacity when tested in this model. ..
- Feijóo C, Manzanares M, de la Calle Mustienes E, Gomez Skarmeta J, Allende M. The Irx gene family in zebrafish: genomic structure, evolution and initial characterization of irx5b. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:277-84 pubmed..In total there are 11 existing Irx genes in zebrafish and 10 in pufferfish. We propose a new nomenclature for the zebrafish Irx genes based on the analysis of their sequences and their genomic relationships. ..
- Kim S, Kim S, Kim H, Chung A, Cha Y, Kim C, et al. Frizzled 8a function is required for oligodendrocyte development in the zebrafish spinal cord. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3324-31 pubmed publisher..In addition, we demonstrate that Wnt signaling activation after the specification of OPCs blocks the formation of mature oligodendrocytes and results in the elimination of OPCs. ..
- Zannino D, Downes G, SAGERSTROM C. prdm12b specifies the p1 progenitor domain and reveals a role for V1 interneurons in swim movements. Dev Biol. 2014;390:247-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that prdm12b is required for V1 interneuron specification and that these neurons control swimming movements in zebrafish. ..