Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: irf8
Description: interferon regulatory factor 8
Alias: zgc:92252, interferon regulatory factor 8, DKEYP-77B5.1
- Prajsnar T, Hamilton R, Garcia Lara J, McVicker G, Williams A, Boots M, et al. A privileged intraphagocyte niche is responsible for disseminated infection of Staphylococcus aureus in a zebrafish model. Cell Microbiol. 2012;14:1600-19 pubmed publisher..These findings add credence to the argument that S.?aureus control regimes should recognize both the intracellular as well as extracellular facets of the S.?aureus life cycle. ..
- Shan S, Qi C, Zhu Y, Li H, An L, Yang G. Expression profile of carp IFN correlate with the up-regulation of interferon regulatory factor-1 (IRF-1) in vivo and in vitro: the pivotal molecules in antiviral defense. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;52:94-102 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we also isolate the peripheral blood leukocytes (PBLs) and find that there is a relevance between the expression profile of CcIRF-1 and IFN in poly(I:C) stimulated PBLs. ..
- Hosseini R, Lamers G, Soltani H, Meijer A, Spaink H, Schaaf M. Efferocytosis and extrusion of leukocytes determine the progression of early mycobacterial pathogenesis. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:3385-95 pubmed publisher..Our data show that these necrotic burst events result in progression of the infection, whereas extrusion abates the infection. ..
- Feng Y, RENSHAW S, Martin P. Live imaging of tumor initiation in zebrafish larvae reveals a trophic role for leukocyte-derived PGE?. Curr Biol. 2012;22:1253-9 pubmed publisher..Our in vivo observations at these early stages of cancer initiation provide a potential mechanistic explanation for why long-term use of low doses of NSAIDs, including aspirin, might reduce cancer onset. ..
- Xu Q, Chang M, Xiao F, Huang B, Nie P. The gene and virus-induced expression of IRF-5 in grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;134:269-78 pubmed publisher..The expression of gcIRF-5 was observed in all organs examined. The analysis of real-time quantitative RT-PCR revealed that grass carp reovirus (GCRV) induced the expression of gcIRF-5 in spleen and head kidney. ..
- Shiau C, Kaufman Z, Meireles A, Talbot W. Differential requirement for irf8 in formation of embryonic and adult macrophages in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0117513 pubmed publisherb>Interferon regulatory factor 8 (Irf8) is critical for mammalian macrophage development and innate immunity, but its role in teleost myelopoiesis remains incompletely understood...
- Knox B, Deng Q, Rood M, Eickhoff J, Keller N, Huttenlocher A. Distinct innate immune phagocyte responses to Aspergillus fumigatus conidia and hyphae in zebrafish larvae. Eukaryot Cell. 2014;13:1266-77 pubmed publisher..Taking these results together, we have established a new vertebrate model for studying innate immune responses to A. fumigatus that reveals distinct roles for neutrophils and macrophages in mediating host defense against IA. ..
- Suzuki Y, Yasuike M, Kondo H, Aoki T, Hirono I. Molecular cloning and expression analysis of interferon regulatory factor 10 (IRF10) in Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;30:67-76 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that PoIRF10 is related to immune response in not only virus infection but also bacterial infection in teleost fish and should help to clarify the biological function of IRF10. ..
- Middel V, Zhou L, Takamiya M, Beil T, Shahid M, Roostalu U, et al. Dysferlin-mediated phosphatidylserine sorting engages macrophages in sarcolemma repair. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12875 pubmed publisher..Our data show that membrane repair is a multi-tiered process involving immediate, cell-intrinsic mechanisms as well as myofiber/macrophage interactions. ..
- Cui H, Yan Y, Wei J, Huang X, Huang Y, Ouyang Z, et al. Identification and functional characterization of an interferon regulatory factor 7-like (IRF7-like) gene from orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:672-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EcIRF7 is potentially involved in grouper immune responses to invasion of viral and bacterial pathogens...
- Huang B, Qi Z, Xu Z, Nie P. Global characterization of interferon regulatory factor (IRF) genes in vertebrates: glimpse of the diversification in evolution. BMC Immunol. 2010;11:22 pubmed publisher..However, the ten IRF family members in vertebrates and those IRF-like genes in non-vertebrate deuterostomes were quite different in those analyzed characters, as they might have undergone different patterns of evolution. ..
- Hermsen S, Pronk T, van den Brandhof E, Van der Ven L, Piersma A. Concentration-response analysis of differential gene expression in the zebrafish embryotoxicity test following flusilazole exposure. Toxicol Sci. 2012;127:303-12 pubmed publisher..However, the interpretation of differential gene expression in terms of predicting morphological effects is not straightforward and requires further study...