Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: irf3
Description: interferon regulatory factor 3
Alias: interferon regulatory factor 3
- Brun N, Christen V, Furrer G, Fent K. Indium and indium tin oxide induce endoplasmic reticulum stress and oxidative stress in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2014;48:11679-87 pubmed publisher..Our study provides first evidence of ER stress and oxidative stress induction by In(NO3)3 and ITO indicating a critical toxicological profile that needs further investigation. ..
- Garcia Valtanen P, Martínez López A, López Muñoz A, Bello Perez M, Medina Gali R, Ortega Villaizan M, et al. Zebra Fish Lacking Adaptive Immunity Acquire an Antiviral Alert State Characterized by Upregulated Gene Expression of Apoptosis, Multigene Families, and Interferon-Related Genes. Front Immunol. 2017;8:121 pubmed publisher..From this and other studies, it might be concluded that some of the characteristics of mammalian trained immunity are present in lower vertebrates. ..
- Lu L, Li S, Lu X, Zhang Y. Functions of the two zebrafish MAVS variants are opposite in the induction of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:574-82 pubmed publisher..the activation of IFN1 promoter that induced by IRF7 in a dose-dependent manner, whereas it had little effect on IRF3, a close relative of IRF7...
- Li S, Lu L, Feng H, Wu N, Chen D, Zhang Y, et al. IFN regulatory factor 10 is a negative regulator of the IFN responses in fish. J Immunol. 2014;193:1100-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that DrIRF10 inhibits the expression of DrIFN1 and DrIFN3 to avoid an excessive immune response, a unique regulation mechanism of the IFN responses in lower vertebrates. ..
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Kim S, Ulanova L, Speth M, Novoa B, et al. Use of Poly(I:C) Stabilized with Chitosan As a Vaccine-Adjuvant Against Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia Virus Infection in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:421-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show that poly(I:C) is a promising candidate as an adjuvant for fish vaccination against viral pathogens, and that the zebrafish is a promising model for aquaculture-relevant vaccination studies. ..
- Liu X, Cai X, Zhang D, Xu C, Xiao W. Zebrafish foxo3b Negatively Regulates Antiviral Response through Suppressing the Transactivity of irf3 and irf7. J Immunol. 2016;197:4736-4749 pubmed..We found that foxo3b interacted with irf3 and irf7 to inhibit ifr3/irf7 transcriptional activity, thus resulting in suppression of SVCV or polyinosinic-..
- Palha N, Guivel Benhassine F, Briolat V, Lutfalla G, Sourisseau M, Ellett F, et al. Real-time whole-body visualization of Chikungunya Virus infection and host interferon response in zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003619 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that the zebrafish represents a novel valuable model to dynamically visualize replication, pathogenesis and host responses to a human virus. ..
- Shi J, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Gui J. Expression regulation of zebrafish interferon regulatory factor 9 by promoter analysis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:534-43 pubmed publisher..zebrafish IRF9 promoter could be activated by zebrafish IFN?s and zebrafish IFN?2, as well as transcription factors IRF3, IRF7, and combination of IRF9 and STAT2...
- Biacchesi S, Merour E, Lamoureux A, Bernard J, Bremont M. Both STING and MAVS fish orthologs contribute to the induction of interferon mediated by RIG-I. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47737 pubmed publisher..The Sequences presented in this article have been submitted to GenBank under accession numbers: Zebrafish STING (HE856619); EPC STING (HE856620); EPC IRF3 (HE856621); EPC IFN promoter (HE856618).
- Cui H, Yan Y, Wei J, Huang X, Huang Y, Ouyang Z, et al. Identification and functional characterization of an interferon regulatory factor 7-like (IRF7-like) gene from orange-spotted grouper, Epinephelus coioides. Dev Comp Immunol. 2011;35:672-84 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EcIRF7 is potentially involved in grouper immune responses to invasion of viral and bacterial pathogens...
- Dios S, Romero A, Chamorro R, Figueras A, Novoa B. Effect of the temperature during antiviral immune response ontogeny in teleosts. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:1019-27 pubmed publisher..the expression levels of several antiviral and inflammatory genes (IL-1?, iNOS, TNF-?, TLR3, IFN-I, IFN?, IRF3, MDA-5, Mx) constitutively and after viral stimulation during early development...
- Li Z, Xu X, Huang L, Wu J, Lu Q, Xiang Z, et al. Administration of recombinant IFN1 protects zebrafish (Danio rerio) from ISKNV infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:399-406 pubmed publisher..This study shows the protective effects of interferon against a DNA-virus in fish for the first time and provides information about the efficacy of fish interferon that will prove useful in possible therapeutic applications. ..
- Huang B, Qi Z, Xu Z, Nie P. Global characterization of interferon regulatory factor (IRF) genes in vertebrates: glimpse of the diversification in evolution. BMC Immunol. 2010;11:22 pubmed publisher..However, the ten IRF family members in vertebrates and those IRF-like genes in non-vertebrate deuterostomes were quite different in those analyzed characters, as they might have undergone different patterns of evolution. ..