Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: insl3
Description: insulin-like 3 (Leydig cell)
Alias: RFLX, rln2, rln3c, rlx3c, si:rp71-39b20.5, relaxin 3c, relaxin 2, relaxin 3-like protein c, relaxin family locus X, rlnc
- Hinfray N, Nobrega R, Caulier M, Baudiffier D, Maillot Marechal E, Chadili E, et al. Cyp17a1 and Cyp19a1 in the zebrafish testis are differentially affected by oestradiol. J Endocrinol. 2013;216:375-88 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to elucidate the functionality of steroidogenic enzymes in germ cells and their potential role in testicular physiology. ..
- Yegorov S, Good Avila S, Parry L, Wilson B. Relaxin family genes in humans and teleosts. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1160:42-4 pubmed publisher..We found evidence that teleosts harbor orthologs of the human INSL5, H2, H3, and INSL3 genes, so-named RLND/RLNE, RLNC, RLN3a/RLN3b, and RLNF in teleosts, respectively...
- Nobrega R, Greebe C, van de Kant H, Bogerd J, de França L, Schulz R. Spermatogonial stem cell niche and spermatogonial stem cell transplantation in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..This might be attributed to the testicular microenvironment created after busulfan depletion in the recipients, which may have caused an imbalance between factors regulating self-renewal or differentiation of the transplanted SSCs. ..
- Zucchi S, Castiglioni S, Fent K. Progesterone alters global transcription profiles at environmental concentrations in brain and ovary of female zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:12548-56 pubmed publisher..The data show molecular effects and the modes of action of P4 at environmental concentrations. Ultimately they may translate to adverse effects on reproduction. ..
- Assis L, Crespo D, Morais R, FranÃ§a L, Bogerd J, Schulz R. INSL3 stimulates spermatogonial differentiation in testis of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Cell Tissue Res. 2016;363:579-88 pubmed publisherb>INSL3 (insulin-like peptide 3) is a relaxin peptide family member expressed by Leydig cells in the vertebrate testis. In mammals, INSL3 mediates testicular descent during embryogenesis but information on its function in adults is limited...
- Crespo D, Assis L, Furmanek T, Bogerd J, Schulz R. Expression profiling identifies Sertoli and Leydig cell genes as Fsh targets in adult zebrafish testis. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;437:237-251 pubmed publisher..Fish Leydig cells express the Fsh receptor and one of the most robust Fsh-responsive genes was insulin-like 3 (insl3), a Leydig cell-derived growth factor...
- Donizetti A, Grossi M, Pariante P, D Aniello E, Izzo G, Minucci S, et al. Two neuron clusters in the stem of postembryonic zebrafish brain specifically express relaxin-3 gene: first evidence of nucleus incertus in fish. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3864-9 pubmed publisher..This pattern indicates both conserved and divergent expression features of the relaxin-3 gene among developing zebrafish and rat brains, where only scattered cells express the gene in the periaqueductal gray. ..
- Tang H, Chen Y, Liu Y, Yin Y, Li G, Guo Y, et al. New Insights Into the Role of Estrogens in Male Fertility Based on Findings in Aromatase-Deficient Zebrafish. Endocrinology. 2017;158:3042-3054 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that estrogens are not needed to achieve and maintain normal fertility in male zebrafish. This finding challenges the traditional view that estrogens are indispensable for male fertility. ..
- Wilson B, Burnett D, Rappaport R, Parry L, Fletcher E. Relaxin-3 and RXFP3 expression, and steroidogenic actions in the ovary of teleost fish. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2009;153:69-74 pubmed publisher..Relaxin-3 appeared to suppress the release of MIS production. This suggests that relaxin peptides may be involved with estradiol-dependant events in follicular development. ..