Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ilk
Description: integrin-linked kinase
Alias: zgc:65842, integrin-linked protein kinase, loc, lost-contact, main squeeze, msq, zilk
- Vogel B, Meder B, Just S, Laufer C, Berger I, Weber S, et al. In-vivo characterization of human dilated cardiomyopathy genes in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;390:516-22 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the zebrafish is a suitable model organism to rapidly evaluate novel DCM disease genes in-vivo. ..
- Meder B, Huttner I, Sedaghat Hamedani F, Just S, Dahme T, Frese K, et al. PINCH proteins regulate cardiac contractility by modulating integrin-linked kinase-protein kinase B signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3424-35 pubmed publisherIntegrin-linked kinase (ILK) is an essential component of the cardiac mechanical stretch sensor and is bound in a protein complex with parvin and PINCH proteins, the so-called ILK-PINCH-parvin (IPP) complex...
- Kartopawiro J, Bower N, Karnezis T, Kazenwadel J, Betterman K, Lesieur E, et al. Arap3 is dysregulated in a mouse model of hypotrichosis-lymphedema-telangiectasia and regulates lymphatic vascular development. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:1286-97 pubmed publisher..Our data refine common mechanisms that are likely to contribute during both development and the pathogenesis of lymphatic vascular disorders...
- Orr N, Arnaout R, Gula L, Spears D, Leong Sit P, Li Q, et al. A mutation in the atrial-specific myosin light chain gene (MYL4) causes familial atrial fibrillation. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11303 pubmed publisher..These findings describe the cause of a rare subtype of AF due to a primary, atrial-specific sarcomeric defect. ..
- Yuan J, He B, Yang L, Guo C, Weng S, Li S, et al. Interaction of infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus ORF119L with PINCH leads to dominant-negative inhibition of integrin-linked kinase and cardiovascular defects in zebrafish. J Virol. 2015;89:763-75 pubmed publisher..protein, which shows high similarity to the dominant negative form of integrin-linked kinase (ILK); i.e., viral ORF119L lacks the ILK kinase domain...