Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: il4
Description: interleukin 4
Alias: il-4, il4/13b, interleukin 4, interleukin 4/13B
- Wu S, Wang L, Xu G, Yang S, Deng Q, Li Y, et al. spv locus aggravates Salmonella infection of zebrafish adult by inducing Th1/Th2 shift to Th2 polarization. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:684-691 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data revealed that spv locus could aggravate Salmonella infection of zebrafish adult by inducing an imbalance of Th1/Th2 immune response and resulting in a detrimental Th2 bias of host. ..
- Dee C, Nagaraju R, Athanasiadis E, Gray C, Fernandez Del Ama L, Johnston S, et al. CD4-Transgenic Zebrafish Reveal Tissue-Resident Th2- and Regulatory T Cell-like Populations and Diverse Mononuclear Phagocytes. J Immunol. 2016;197:3520-3530 pubmed
- Yang Z, Li C, Chen J, Zhang H, Li M, Chen J. Molecular characterization of an interleukin-4/13B homolog in grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) and its role in fish against Aeromonas hydrophila infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:136-147 pubmed publisherMammalian interleukin 4 (IL-4) and interleukin 13 (IL-13) molecules are anti-inflammatory cytokines mediating the alternative activation of macrophages...
- Wang T, Johansson P, AbÃ³s B, Holt A, Tafalla C, Jiang Y, et al. First in-depth analysis of the novel Th2-type cytokines in salmonid fish reveals distinct patterns of expression and modulation but overlapping bioactivities. Oncotarget. 2016;7:10917-46 pubmed publisher..It contributes to a broader understanding of the evolution of type-2 immunity in vertebrates, and establishes a framework for further studies and manipulation of type-2 cytokines in fish. ..
- Yan C, Huo X, Wang S, Feng Y, Gong Z. Stimulation of hepatocarcinogenesis by neutrophils upon induction of oncogenic kras expression in transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2015;63:420-8 pubmed publisher..An inflammatory cue from oncogenic hepatocytes upon induction of kras(V12) expression causes a rapid recruitment of neutrophils to oncogenic liver and the neutrophils play a promoting role in early hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Kallakuri S, Yu J, Li J, Li Y, Weinstein B, Nicoli S, et al. Endothelial cilia are essential for developmental vascular integrity in zebrafish. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;26:864-75 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Hedgehog signaling is a major mechanism for this novel role of endothelial cilia in establishing vascular integrity. ..
- Zhang H, Shen B, Wu H, Gao L, Liu Q, Wang Q, et al. Th17-like immune response in fish mucosal tissues after administration of live attenuated Vibrio anguillarum via different vaccination routes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;37:229-38 pubmed publisher..In turbot, effective immune protection against wild-type V. anguillarum was obtained by bath-vaccinated and the Th17-like responses were found in mucosal and systemic tissues. ..
- Zhang M, Wu H, Li X, Yang M, Chen T, Wang Q, et al. Edwardsiella tarda flagellar protein FlgD: a protective immunogen against edwardsiellosis. Vaccine. 2012;30:3849-56 pubmed publisher..tarda. ..
- Ohtani M, Hayashi N, Hashimoto K, Nakanishi T, Dijkstra J. Comprehensive clarification of two paralogous interleukin 4/13 loci in teleost fish. Immunogenetics. 2008;60:383-97 pubmed publisher..We were unable to determine if the teleost IL-4/13 genes are orthologous to either IL-4 or IL-13, or if these mammalian genes separated later in evolution...
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Zhang H, Fang W, Wang D, Gao N, Ding Y, Chen C. The role of interleukin family in perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)-induced immunotoxicity. J Hazard Mater. 2014;280:552-60 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that PFOA can affect IL expression level through NF-ÎºB, and ILs have an important function in the mediation of Ig secretion. ..
- Hammar n M, Oksanen K, Nisula H, Luukinen B, Pesu M, R met M, et al. Adequate Th2-type response associates with restricted bacterial growth in latent mycobacterial infection of zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004190 pubmed publisher..Characteristic gata3/tbx21 has potential as a biomarker for the status of mycobacterial disease...
- Ding Y, Liu X, Bu L, Li H, Zhang S. Antimicrobial-immunomodulatory activities of zebrafish phosvitin-derived peptide Pt5. Peptides. 2012;37:309-13 pubmed publisher..hydrophila through its antimicrobial activity as well as preventing zebrafish from the detrimental effects of an excessive inflammatory response via modulating immune functions. ..
- Bhattarai P, Thomas A, Cosacak M, Papadimitriou C, Mashkaryan V, Froc C, et al. IL4/STAT6 Signaling Activates Neural Stem Cell Proliferation and Neurogenesis upon Amyloid-?42 Aggregation in Adult Zebrafish Brain. Cell Rep. 2016;17:941-948 pubmed publisher..A?42 also induces NSPC proliferation and enhanced neurogenesis. Interleukin-4 (IL4) is activated primarily in neurons and microglia/macrophages in response to A?42 and is sufficient to increase NSPC ..
- Kizil C, Dudczig S, Kyritsis N, Machate A, Blaesche J, Kroehne V, et al. The chemokine receptor cxcr5 regulates the regenerative neurogenesis response in the adult zebrafish brain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:27 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the role of cxcr5 in mediating neuronal replenishment have the potential to produce clinical ramifications in efforts for regenerative therapeutic applications for human neurological disorders or acute injuries. ..
- Srivastava N, Shelly A, Kumar M, Pant A, Das B, Majumdar T, et al. Aeromonas hydrophila utilizes TLR4 topology for synchronous activation of MyD88 and TRIF to orchestrate anti-inflammatory responses in zebrafish. Cell Death Discov. 2017;3:17067 pubmed publisher..Inside the cytosol, A. hydrophila avoids detection by suppressing NLRs, facilitating its survival and ensuing pathogenesis. ..