Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: il17rd
Description: interleukin 17 receptor D
Alias: cb208, id:ibd2875, id:ibd5059, sef, zgc:136328, interleukin-17 receptor D, IL-17 receptor D, IL-17RD
- Lee Y, Grill S, Sanchez A, Murphy Ryan M, Poss K. Fgf signaling instructs position-dependent growth rate during zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2005;132:5173-83 pubmed..with position-dependent differences in blastemal length, mitotic index and expression of the Fgf target genes mkp3, sef and spry4...
- Wendl T, Adzic D, Schoenebeck J, Scholpp S, Brand M, Yelon D, et al. Early developmental specification of the thyroid gland depends on han-expressing surrounding tissue and on FGF signals. Development. 2007;134:2871-9 pubmed..FGF-soaked beads can restore thyroid development in han mutants, showing that FGFs act downstream of or in parallel to han. These data suggest that loss of FGF-expressing tissue in han mutants is responsible for the thyroid defects. ..
- Lawton A, Nandi A, Stulberg M, Dray N, Sneddon M, Pontius W, et al. Regulated tissue fluidity steers zebrafish body elongation. Development. 2013;140:573-82 pubmed publisher..Modeling and additional data analyses suggest that the balance between the coherence and rate of cell flow determines whether body elongation is linear or whether congestion forms within the flow and the body axis becomes contorted. ..
- Neugebauer J, Cadwallader A, Amack J, Bisgrove B, Yost H. Differential roles for 3-OSTs in the regulation of cilia length and motility. Development. 2013;140:3892-902 pubmed publisher..We propose that individual 3-OST isozymes create distinct modified domains or 'glycocodes' on cell surface proteoglycans, which in turn regulate the response to diverse cell signaling pathways. ..
- Sanek N, Taylor A, Nyholm M, Grinblat Y. Zebrafish zic2a patterns the forebrain through modulation of Hedgehog-activated gene expression. Development. 2009;136:3791-800 pubmed publisher..These data uncover a novel, essential role for Zic2a as a modulator of Hh-activated gene expression in the developing forebrain and advance our understanding of a key gene regulatory network that, when disrupted, causes HPE. ..
- Kaslin J, Ganz J, Geffarth M, Grandel H, Hans S, Brand M. Stem cells in the adult zebrafish cerebellum: initiation and maintenance of a novel stem cell niche. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6142-53 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, retained epithelial properties such as distinct polarization and ventricular contact are critical common determinants to maintain neural stem cell activity in vertebrates. ..
- Znosko W, Yu S, Thomas K, Molina G, Li C, Tsang W, et al. Overlapping functions of Pea3 ETS transcription factors in FGF signaling during zebrafish development. Dev Biol. 2010;342:11-25 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrated the interaction of Pea3 ETS factors with the Dusp6 promoter both in vitro and in vivo. These results revealed the requirement of ETS factors in transducing FGF signals in developmental processes. ..
- Erickson T, French C, Waskiewicz A. Meis1 specifies positional information in the retina and tectum to organize the zebrafish visual system. Neural Dev. 2010;5:22 pubmed publisher..By patterning both the retina and tectum, Meis1 plays an important role in establishing the retinotectal map and organizing the visual system. ..
- McGraw H, Culbertson M, Nechiporuk A. Kremen1 restricts Dkk activity during posterior lateral line development in zebrafish. Development. 2014;141:3212-21 pubmed publisher..Based on our data, we propose a novel mechanism in which Kremen1 modulates Wnt activity by restricting the range of secreted Dkk proteins during collective cell migration in the pLLP. ..
- Taibi A, Mandavawala K, Noel J, Okoye E, Milano C, Martin B, et al. Zebrafish churchill regulates developmental gene expression and cell migration. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:614-21 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that chch is not essential for survival, but functions to modulate early mesendodermal gene expression and limit cell migration. ..
- Marlow F, Gonzalez E, Yin C, Rojo C, Solnica Krezel L. No tail co-operates with non-canonical Wnt signaling to regulate posterior body morphogenesis in zebrafish. Development. 2004;131:203-16 pubmed..Moreover, we provide genetic evidence for the notion that tail development entails a continuation of mechanisms regulating gastrulation together with mechanisms unique to the posterior body. ..
- Oksanen K, MyllymÃ¤ki H, Ahava M, MÃ¤kinen L, Parikka M, RÃ¤met M. DNA vaccination boosts Bacillus Calmette-GuÃ©rin protection against mycobacterial infection in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;54:89-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that zebrafish is a useful early-phase preclinical model for studying subunit vaccines designed for boosting the effects of BCG. ..
- Plaster N, Sonntag C, Schilling T, Hammerschmidt M. REREa/Atrophin-2 interacts with histone deacetylase and Fgf8 signaling to regulate multiple processes of zebrafish development. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1891-904 pubmed..We present a model for RERE-dependent patterning in which tissue-specific transcriptional repression, by means of an REREa-HDAC complex, modulates growth factor signaling during embryogenesis. ..
- Asai Y, Chan D, Starr C, Kappler J, Kollmar R, Hudspeth A. Mutation of the atrophin2 gene in the zebrafish disrupts signaling by fibroblast growth factor during development of the inner ear. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:9069-74 pubmed..Both the Fgf8 protein and zebrafish "similar expression to fgf genes" protein (Sef), an antagonist of fibroblast growth factors induced by Fgf8 itself, were found to be overexpressed in ru622 ..
- Kawakami Y, Raya A, Raya R, Rodriguez Esteban C, Izpisua Belmonte J. Retinoic acid signalling links left-right asymmetric patterning and bilaterally symmetric somitogenesis in the zebrafish embryo. Nature. 2005;435:165-71 pubmed
- Venero Galanternik M, Lush M, Piotrowski T. Glypican4 modulates lateral line collective cell migration non cell-autonomously. Dev Biol. 2016;419:321-335 pubmed publisher..Our results show that glypican4 has distinct functions in primordium cells and cells in the environment and that both of these functions are essential for collective cell migration. ..
- McGraw H, Drerup C, Culbertson M, Linbo T, Raible D, Nechiporuk A. Lef1 is required for progenitor cell identity in the zebrafish lateral line primordium. Development. 2011;138:3921-30 pubmed publisher..These findings revealed a novel role for the Wnt signaling pathway during mechanosensory organ formation in zebrafish. ..
- Su C, Kemp H, Moens C. Cerebellar development in the absence of Gbx function in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;386:181-90 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings we propose a revised model for the role of Gbx in cerebellar development. ..
- Harduf H, Halperin E, Reshef R, Ron D. Sef is synexpressed with FGFs during chick embryogenesis and its expression is differentially regulated by FGFs in the developing limb. Dev Dyn. 2005;233:301-12 pubmed..b>Sef is a feedback antagonist of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) signaling, which has been identified recently in ..
- Venero Galanternik M, Kramer K, Piotrowski T. Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans Regulate Fgf Signaling and Cell Polarity during Collective Cell Migration. Cell Rep. 2015;: pubmed publisher..The HSPGs themselves are regulated by the Wnt/Î²-catenin and Fgf pathways and thus are integral components of the regulatory network that coordinates collective cell migration with organ specification and morphogenesis. ..
- Molina G, Vogt A, Bakan A, Dai W, Queiroz de Oliveira P, Znosko W, et al. Zebrafish chemical screening reveals an inhibitor of Dusp6 that expands cardiac cell lineages. Nat Chem Biol. 2009;5:680-7 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the power of in vivo zebrafish chemical screens to identify new compounds targeting Dusp6, a component of the FGF signaling pathway that has eluded traditional high-throughput in vitro screens...
- Shin D, Weidinger G, Moon R, Stainier D. Intrinsic and extrinsic modifiers of the regulative capacity of the developing liver. Mech Dev. 2012;128:525-35 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these studies reveal that there is more than one way to form a liver, and provide molecular insights into the phenomenon of tissue plasticity. ..
- Knight R, Javidan Y, Zhang T, Nelson S, Schilling T. AP2-dependent signals from the ectoderm regulate craniofacial development in the zebrafish embryo. Development. 2005;132:3127-38 pubmed
- Sang Q, Zhang J, Feng R, Wang X, Li Q, Zhao X, et al. Ildr1b is essential for semicircular canal development, migration of the posterior lateral line primordium and hearing ability in zebrafish: implications for a role in the recessive hearing impairment DFNB42. Hum Mol Genet. 2014;23:6201-11 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Ildr1b is crucial for the development of the inner ear and the lateral line system. This study provides the first evidence for the mechanism of Ildr1b on hearing in vivo and sheds light on the pathology of DFNB42. ..
- Mo S, Wang L, Li Q, Li J, Li Y, Thannickal V, et al. Caveolin-1 regulates dorsoventral patterning through direct interaction with beta-catenin in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2010;344:210-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, maternally expressed zebrafish Cav-1 regulates dorsoventral patterning by limiting nuclear translocation of active beta-catenin. ..
- Hirate Y, Okamoto H. Canopy1, a novel regulator of FGF signaling around the midbrain-hindbrain boundary in zebrafish. Curr Biol. 2006;16:421-7 pubmed..This study highlights a positive-feedback loop between the FGFR pathway and Cnpy1 that may ensure the strength of FGF signaling in the MHB, leading to correct development of the tectum and cerebellum. ..
- Wu B, Jin M, Zhang Y, Wei T, Bai Z. Evolution of the IL17 receptor family in chordates: a new subfamily IL17REL. Immunogenetics. 2011;63:835-45 pubmed publisher..Recently, some IL17R genes have been identified in non-mammalian species, such as zebrafish IL17RD; however, there are no reports on the evolutionary history of this complex gene family through comparative ..