Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: il12a
Description: interleukin 12a
Alias: IL-12 p35, IL-12p35, interleukin 12a, interleukin-12 p35 subunit
- Lampe E, Tandberg J, Rishovd A, Winther Larsen H. Francisella noatunensis ssp. noatunensis iglC deletion mutant protects adult zebrafish challenged with acute mortality dose of wild-type strain. Dis Aquat Organ. 2017;123:123-140 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest an immunogenic potential of Fnn ?iglC and indicate important cytokines associated with francisellosis pathogenesis and protection. ..
- Shiau C, Monk K, Joo W, Talbot W. An anti-inflammatory NOD-like receptor is required for microglia development. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1342-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that NLRC3-like prevents inappropriate macrophage activation, thereby allowing normal microglial development. ..
- Brudal E, Ulanova L, O Lampe E, Rishovd A, Griffiths G, Winther Larsen H. Establishment of three Francisella infections in zebrafish embryos at different temperatures. Infect Immun. 2014;82:2180-94 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate the usefulness of the zebrafish embryo model for studying infections caused by different Francisella species at a wide range of temperatures and highlight their interactions with immune cells. ..
- Yan C, Huo X, Wang S, Feng Y, Gong Z. Stimulation of hepatocarcinogenesis by neutrophils upon induction of oncogenic kras expression in transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2015;63:420-8 pubmed publisher..An inflammatory cue from oncogenic hepatocytes upon induction of kras(V12) expression causes a rapid recruitment of neutrophils to oncogenic liver and the neutrophils play a promoting role in early hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Hammar n M, Oksanen K, Nisula H, Luukinen B, Pesu M, R met M, et al. Adequate Th2-type response associates with restricted bacterial growth in latent mycobacterial infection of zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004190 pubmed publisher..Characteristic gata3/tbx21 has potential as a biomarker for the status of mycobacterial disease...
- Tandberg J, Lagos L, Langlete P, Berger E, Rishovd A, Roos N, et al. Comparative Analysis of Membrane Vesicles from Three Piscirickettsia salmonis Isolates Reveals Differences in Vesicle Characteristics. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165099 pubmed publisher..salmonis derived MVs, highlighting strain-specific vesicle characteristics. The results further illustrate that the MV proteome from one bacterial strain is not representative of all bacterial strains within one species. ..
- Huising M, Kruiswijk C, Flik G. Phylogeny and evolution of class-I helical cytokines. J Endocrinol. 2006;189:1-25 pubmed..A 'fish-mammalian' comparison will identify the class-I helical cytokines that still await discovery in fish or, alternatively, may have been evolutionarily recent additions to the mammalian cytokine repertoire. ..
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- Watkins B, Joshi S, Ball D, Leggett H, Park S, Kim J, et al. Mycobacterium marinum SecA2 promotes stable granulomas and induces tumor necrosis factor alpha in vivo. Infect Immun. 2012;80:3512-20 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that SecA2 induces granulomas and is required for bacterial modulation of the host response because it affects the mycobacterial cell envelope...
- Pan C, Wu J, Hui C, Lin C, Chen J. Insights into the antibacterial and immunomodulatory functions of the antimicrobial peptide, epinecidin-1, against Vibrio vulnificus infection in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:1019-25 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the use of epinecidin-1 to develop inactivated material for fish bacterial infections which can provide guidelines for the future design of epinecidin-1-bacterial formulations for various in vivo applications. ..
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Meseguer J, Mulero V. New insights into the evolution of IFNs: zebrafish group II IFNs induce a rapid and transient expression of IFN-dependent genes and display powerful antiviral activities. J Immunol. 2009;182:3440-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest nonredundant, complementary roles of type I zfIFNs in viral infections and provide evidence for a pivotal role of the recently identified group II IFN of fish in the early stages of viral infections. ..
- Lagos L, Tandberg J, Becker M, Winther Larsen H. Immunomodulatory properties of Concholepas concholepas hemocyanin against francisellosis in a zebrafish model. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:571-574 pubmed publisher..Subsequently the mRNA expression levels of several immune-related genes were studied, including mhcii, il12a, tnf? and ifng1-1...
- Tokunaga Y, Shirouzu M, Sugahara R, Yoshiura Y, Kiryu I, Ototake M, et al. Comprehensive validation of T- and B-cell deficiency in rag1-null zebrafish: Implication for the robust innate defense mechanisms of teleosts. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7536 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the teleost relies heavily on innate immunity. Thus, this model could better highlight innate immunity in animals that lack adaptive immunity than mouse models. ..
- Lampe E, Zingmark C, Tandberg J, Thrane I, Brudal E, Sjostedt A, et al. Francisella noatunensis subspecies noatunensis clpB deletion mutant impairs development of francisellosis in a zebrafish model. Vaccine. 2017;35:7264-7272 pubmed publisher..n.n. wt. Taken together, the results presented increases the knowledge on protective immune responses against F.n.n. ..