Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: il10
Description: interleukin 10
Alias: zgc:194510, zgc:194518, interleukin-10
- Zhu L, Pan P, Fang W, Shao J, Xiang L. Essential role of IL-4 and IL-4R? interaction in adaptive immunity of zebrafish: insight into the origin of Th2-like regulatory mechanism in ancient vertebrates. J Immunol. 2012;188:5571-84 pubmed publisher..These results add greater insight into the evolutionary history of adaptive immunity. ..
- Gong Y, Xiang L, Shao J. CD154-CD40 interactions are essential for thymus-dependent antibody production in zebrafish: insights into the origin of costimulatory pathway in helper T cell-regulated adaptive immunity in early vertebrates. J Immunol. 2009;182:7749-62 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence for the existence of the functional CD154-CD40-mediated costimulatory pathway and helper T cell regulatory mechanism underlying adaptive immunity in a fish species. ..
- Shiau C, Monk K, Joo W, Talbot W. An anti-inflammatory NOD-like receptor is required for microglia development. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1342-52 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that NLRC3-like prevents inappropriate macrophage activation, thereby allowing normal microglial development. ..
- Hsieh J, Pan C, Chen J. Tilapia hepcidin (TH)2-3 as a transgene in transgenic fish enhances resistance to Vibrio vulnificus infection and causes variations in immune-related genes after infection by different bacterial species. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:430-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that using TH2-3 as a transgene in zebrafish can effectively inhibit bacterial growth, specifically the V. vulnificus (204) strain for up to 24 h...
- Wu S, Wang L, Xu G, Yang S, Deng Q, Li Y, et al. spv locus aggravates Salmonella infection of zebrafish adult by inducing Th1/Th2 shift to Th2 polarization. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:684-691 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data revealed that spv locus could aggravate Salmonella infection of zebrafish adult by inducing an imbalance of Th1/Th2 immune response and resulting in a detrimental Th2 bias of host. ..
- Tandberg J, Lagos L, Langlete P, Berger E, Rishovd A, Roos N, et al. Comparative Analysis of Membrane Vesicles from Three Piscirickettsia salmonis Isolates Reveals Differences in Vesicle Characteristics. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165099 pubmed publisher..salmonis derived MVs, highlighting strain-specific vesicle characteristics. The results further illustrate that the MV proteome from one bacterial strain is not representative of all bacterial strains within one species. ..
- Al Samadi A, Awad S, Tuomainen K, Zhao Y, Salem A, Parikka M, et al. Crosstalk between tongue carcinoma cells, extracellular vesicles, and immune cells in in vitro and in vivo models. Oncotarget. 2017;8:60123-60134 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, the amount of IL-13 mRNA was decreased by SCC-25 EVs. This study describes promising in vitro and in vivo models to investigate interactions between immune cells, cancer cells, and EVs. ..
- Hamming O, Lutfalla G, Levraud J, Hartmann R. Crystal structure of Zebrafish interferons I and II reveals conservation of type I interferon structure in vertebrates. J Virol. 2011;85:8181-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, these fish IFNs belong to the type I IFN family. Our results also imply that a dual antiviral IFN system has arisen twice during vertebrate evolution. ..
- Igawa D, Sakai M, Savan R. An unexpected discovery of two interferon gamma-like genes along with interleukin (IL)-22 and -26 from teleost: IL-22 and -26 genes have been described for the first time outside mammals. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:999-1009 pubmed..Expression analysis of IL-22, IL-26 and two IFN-gamma genes suggests an active role of these genes in immune responses in fish. ..
- Gioacchini G, Rossi G, Carnevali O. Host-probiotic interaction: new insight into the role of the endocannabinoid system by in vivo and ex vivo approaches. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1261 pubmed publisher..The results presented here strengthen the molecular mechanisms activated by probiotic mix controlling immune response and inflammation. ..
- Tokunaga Y, Shirouzu M, Sugahara R, Yoshiura Y, Kiryu I, Ototake M, et al. Comprehensive validation of T- and B-cell deficiency in rag1-null zebrafish: Implication for the robust innate defense mechanisms of teleosts. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7536 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the teleost relies heavily on innate immunity. Thus, this model could better highlight innate immunity in animals that lack adaptive immunity than mouse models. ..
- Guo S, Zheng J, Yuan S, Zhu Q, Wu C. Immunosuppressive effects and associated compensatory responses in zebrafish after full life-cycle exposure to environmentally relevant concentrations of cadmium. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;188:64-71 pubmed publisher..Taken together, immunosuppressive effects and tissue-dependent compensatory responses were demonstrated in zebrafish after full life-cycle exposure to environmental levels of Cd, indicating a compromise between survival and immunity. ..
- Mohanty S, Jagannathan L, Ganguli G, Padhi A, Roy D, Alaridah N, et al. A mycobacterial phosphoribosyltransferase promotes bacillary survival by inhibiting oxidative stress and autophagy pathways in macrophages and zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:13321-43 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that a novel mycobacterial mannosylated phosphoribosyltransferase acts as a virulence and immunomodulatory factor, suggesting that it may constitute a novel target for antimycobacterial drugs. ..
- Chao C, Hsu P, Jen C, Chen I, Wang C, Chan H, et al. Zebrafish as a model host for Candida albicans infection. Infect Immun. 2010;78:2512-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this work demonstrate that zebrafish can be a useful host model to study C. albicans pathogenesis, and they highlight the advantages of using the zebrafish model in future invasive fungal research. ..
- Vliegenthart A, Wei C, Buckley C, Berends C, de Potter C, Schneemann S, et al. Characterization of Triptolide-Induced Hepatotoxicity by Imaging and Transcriptomics in a Novel Zebrafish Model. Toxicol Sci. 2017;159:380-391 pubmed publisher..RNA sequencing, guided by time-lapse microscopy, revealed early down-regulation of genes consistent with previous invitro studies, and facilitated the discovery of mechanistic inflammatory pathways. ..
- Jheng Y, Lee L, Ting C, Pan C, Hui C, Chen J. Zebrafish fed on recombinant Artemia expressing epinecidin-1 exhibit increased survival and altered expression of immunomodulatory genes upon Vibrio vulnificus infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;42:1-15 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that feeding transgenic Artemia expressing CMV-gfp-epi to larval fish has antimicrobial effects, without the drawbacks of introducing drug residues or inducing bacterial drug resistance. ..
- Hao K, Li Y, Feng J, Zhang W, Zhang Y, Ma N, et al. Ozone promotes regeneration by regulating the inflammatory response in zebrafish. Int Immunopharmacol. 2015;28:369-75 pubmed publisher..Ozone modulated the expression of tumor necrosis factor-Î± (TNF-Î±) in two ways by regulating interleukin 10 (IL-10) expression. Therefore, ozone promotes tissue regeneration by regulating the inflammatory pathways...
- Zhang M, Wu H, Li X, Yang M, Chen T, Wang Q, et al. Edwardsiella tarda flagellar protein FlgD: a protective immunogen against edwardsiellosis. Vaccine. 2012;30:3849-56 pubmed publisher..tarda. ..
- Ding Y, Liu X, Bu L, Li H, Zhang S. Antimicrobial-immunomodulatory activities of zebrafish phosvitin-derived peptide Pt5. Peptides. 2012;37:309-13 pubmed publisher..hydrophila through its antimicrobial activity as well as preventing zebrafish from the detrimental effects of an excessive inflammatory response via modulating immune functions. ..
- Geiger B, Gras Miralles B, Ziogas D, Karagiannis A, Zhen A, Fraenkel P, et al. Intestinal upregulation of melanin-concentrating hormone in TNBS-induced enterocolitis in adult zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e83194 pubmed publisher..Taken together these findings not only establish a model of chemically-induced experimental enterocolitis in adult zebrafish, but point to effects of MCH in intestinal inflammation that are conserved across species. ..
- Wang Y, Peng K, Wu J, Chen J. Transgenic expression of salmon delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase in zebrafish muscle inhibits the growth of Vibrio alginolyticus and affects fish immunomodulatory activity. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;39:223-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results identify delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase as novel candidate genes for use in aquaculture, to enhance both disease resistance and fish oil production. ..
- Liu C, Su G, Giesy J, Letcher R, Li G, Agrawal I, et al. Acute Exposure to Tris(1,3-dichloro-2-propyl) Phosphate (TDCIPP) Causes Hepatic Inflammation and Leads to Hepatotoxicity in Zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19045 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest that exposure to TDCIPP induces hepatic inflammation and leads to hepatotoxicity in zebrafish. ..
- Srivastava N, Shelly A, Kumar M, Pant A, Das B, Majumdar T, et al. Aeromonas hydrophila utilizes TLR4 topology for synchronous activation of MyD88 and TRIF to orchestrate anti-inflammatory responses in zebrafish. Cell Death Discov. 2017;3:17067 pubmed publisher..Inside the cytosol, A. hydrophila avoids detection by suppressing NLRs, facilitating its survival and ensuing pathogenesis. ..
- Marcon M, Herrmann A, Mocelin R, Rambo C, Koakoski G, Abreu M, et al. Prevention of unpredictable chronic stress-related phenomena in zebrafish exposed to bromazepam, fluoxetine and nortriptyline. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2016;233:3815-3824 pubmed..The UCS protocol may also serve as a screening tool for evaluating new drugs that can be used to treat psychiatric disorders with stress-related etiologies. ..
- LÃ³pez MuÃ±oz A, Liarte S, GÃ³mez GonzÃ¡lez N, Cabas I, Meseguer J, GarcÃa Ayala A, et al. Estrogen receptor 2b deficiency impairs the antiviral response of zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;53:55-62 pubmed publisher..All together, these results uncover an important role for E2 and Esr signaling in the fine-tuning of sexual hormone balance and the antiviral response of vertebrates. ..
- Ojanen M, Turpeinen H, Cordova Z, HammarÃ©n M, Harjula S, Parikka M, et al. The proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin furinA regulates zebrafish host response against Mycobacterium marinum. Infect Immun. 2015;83:1431-42 pubmed publisher..marinum infection model. Our data show that upregulated furinA expression can serve as a marker for mycobacterial disease, since it inhibits early host responses and consequently promotes bacterial growth in a chronic infection. ..
- Schneider A, Gregório C, Uribe Cruz C, Guizzo R, Malysz T, Faccioni Heuser M, et al. Chronic exposure to ethanol causes steatosis and inflammation in zebrafish liver. World J Hepatol. 2017;9:418-426 pubmed publisher..Data suggest that inflammatory signaling and ultrastructural alterations play a significant role during hepatic steatosis in zebrafish chronically exposed to ethanol. ..
- Yang C, Li Z, Kang W, Tian Y, Yan Y, Chen W. TET1 and TET3 are essential in induction of Th2-type immunity partly through regulation of IL-4/13A expression in zebrafish model. Gene. 2016;591:201-208 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show that TET family members play indispensable roles in Th2-type immunity, indicating an epigenetic modulation manner involved in adaptive immune regulations and responses. ..
- Yang S, MarÃn Juez R, Meijer A, Spaink H. Common and specific downstream signaling targets controlled by Tlr2 and Tlr5 innate immune signaling in zebrafish. BMC Genomics. 2015;16:547 pubmed publisher..Our studies show that Pam3CSK4 and flagellin can stimulate the Tlr2 and Tlr5 signaling pathways leading to common and specific responses in the zebrafish embryo system. ..
- Mitra S, Alnabulsi A, Secombes C, Bird S. Identification and characterization of the transcription factors involved in T-cell development, t-bet, stat6 and foxp3, within the zebrafish, Danio rerio. FEBS J. 2010;277:128-47 pubmed publisher..These transcription factors, together with many of the cytokines that are expressed by different T-cell subtypes, will aid future investigations into the Th and T(reg) cell types that exist in teleosts. ..
- Pai W, Hsu C, Lai C, Chang T, Tsai Y, Her G. Cannabinoid receptor 1 promotes hepatic lipid accumulation and lipotoxicity through the induction of SREBP-1c expression in zebrafish. Transgenic Res. 2013;22:823-38 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to report CB1R as a potential hepatic stimulator for zebrafish liver steatosis. ..
- Leite C, Maboni L, Cruz F, Rosemberg D, Zimmermann F, Pereira T, et al. Involvement of purinergic system in inflammation and toxicity induced by copper in zebrafish larvae. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2013;272:681-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data shed new lights on the mechanisms related to copper-induced inflammation in zebrafish larvae. ..
- Hartig E, Zhu S, King B, Coffman J. Cortisol-treated zebrafish embryos develop into pro-inflammatory adults with aberrant immune gene regulation. Biol Open. 2016;5:1134-41 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that chronically elevated glucocorticoid signaling early in life directs development of a pro-inflammatory adult phenotype, at the expense of immunoregulation and somatic regenerative capacity. ..
- Dee C, Nagaraju R, Athanasiadis E, Gray C, Fernandez Del Ama L, Johnston S, et al. CD4-Transgenic Zebrafish Reveal Tissue-Resident Th2- and Regulatory T Cell-like Populations and Diverse Mononuclear Phagocytes. J Immunol. 2016;197:3520-3530 pubmed
- Xu H, Yang M, Qiu W, Pan C, Wu M. The impact of endocrine-disrupting chemicals on oxidative stress and innate immune response in zebrafish embryos. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2013;32:1793-9 pubmed publisher..Transcription of genes related to the immune response, including IFNγ, IL1β, IL10, Mx, TNFα, CC-chemokine, and CXCL-clc, were significantly up-regulated on exposure to EDCs...
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- Hu Z, Wu B, Meng F, Zhou Z, Lu H, Zhao H. Impact of molecular hydrogen treatments on the innate immune activity and survival of zebrafish (Danio rerio) challenged with Aeromonas hydrophila. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:554-560 pubmed publisher..This study is the first one to investigate the effects of HRW on fish infected with bacteria, and might shed new light on hydrogen's antimicrobial effects and further application in aquaculture fish species. ..
- Tandberg J, Oliver C, Lagos L, Gaarder M, Yañez A, Ropstad E, et al. Membrane vesicles from Piscirickettsia salmonis induce protective immunity and reduce development of salmonid rickettsial septicemia in an adult zebrafish model. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:189-198 pubmed publisher..1, tnf?, il1b, il10 and il6. The MVs induced the secretion of IgM upon immunization, indicating an immunogenic effect of the vesicles...
- Tong J, Meng L, Wang X, Liu L, Lyu L, Wang C, et al. The FBPase Encoding Gene glpX Is Required for Gluconeogenesis, Bacterial Proliferation and Division In Vivo of Mycobacterium marinum. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156663 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that glpX has essential functions in gluconeogenesis, and plays an indispensable role in bacterial proliferation in vivo and virulence of M. marinum. ..
- Petrie T, Strand N, Yang C, Tsung Yang C, Rabinowitz J, Moon R. Macrophages modulate adult zebrafish tail fin regeneration. Development. 2014;141:2581-91 pubmed publisher..These results provide a cellular and molecular link between components of the inflammation response and regeneration in adult zebrafish. ..
- Ran C, Hu J, Liu W, Liu Z, He S, Dan B, et al. Thymol and Carvacrol Affect Hybrid Tilapia through the Combination of Direct Stimulation and an Intestinal Microbiota-Mediated Effect: Insights from a Germ-Free Zebrafish Model. J Nutr. 2016;146:1132-40 pubmed publisher..05). NE may affect the immunity of tilapia through a combination of factors, i.e., primarily through a direct effect on host tissue (immune-stimulating) but also an indirect effect mediated by microbial changes (immune-relieving). ..
- Lampe E, Zingmark C, Tandberg J, Thrane I, Brudal E, Sjostedt A, et al. Francisella noatunensis subspecies noatunensis clpB deletion mutant impairs development of francisellosis in a zebrafish model. Vaccine. 2017;35:7264-7272 pubmed publisher..n.n. wt. Taken together, the results presented increases the knowledge on protective immune responses against F.n.n. ..
- Zhang Z, Wu H, Xiao J, Wang Q, Liu Q, Zhang Y. Immune responses evoked by infection with Vibrio anguillarum in zebrafish bath-vaccinated with a live attenuated strain. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;154:138-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that inoculation with the live attenuated vaccine triggered protection by curbing inflammation and strengthening the adaptive immune response. ..
- Cruz F, Leite C, Kist L, de Oliveira G, Bogo M, Bonan C, et al. Effects of caffeine on behavioral and inflammatory changes elicited by copper in zebrafish larvae: Role of adenosine receptors. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;194:28-36 pubmed publisher..We also conclude that alterations in adenosine receptors are related to those effects. ..
- Barros Becker F, Romero J, Pulgar A, Feijóo C. Persistent oxytetracycline exposure induces an inflammatory process that improves regenerative capacity in zebrafish larvae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36827 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, larvae that developed an inflammation process showed an improved regeneration capacity in the mechanosensory system lateral line. ..
- Lampe E, Tandberg J, Rishovd A, Winther Larsen H. Francisella noatunensis ssp. noatunensis iglC deletion mutant protects adult zebrafish challenged with acute mortality dose of wild-type strain. Dis Aquat Organ. 2017;123:123-140 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest an immunogenic potential of Fnn ?iglC and indicate important cytokines associated with francisellosis pathogenesis and protection. ..
- Watzke J, Schirmer K, Scholz S. Bacterial lipopolysaccharides induce genes involved in the innate immune response in embryos of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;23:901-5 pubmed..The gene induction required the removal of the chorion prior to lipopolysaccharide exposure. ..
- Peng K, Pan C, Chou H, Chen J. Using an improved Tol2 transposon system to produce transgenic zebrafish with epinecidin-1 which enhanced resistance to bacterial infection. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;28:905-17 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that using epinecidin-1 as a transgene in zebrafish can effectively inhibit bacterial growth for up to 24h after infection. ..
- Udayangani R, Dananjaya S, Fronte B, Kim C, Lee J, De Zoysa M. Feeding of nano scale oats ?-glucan enhances the host resistance against Edwardsiella tarda and protective immune modulation in zebrafish larvae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;60:72-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, non-toxic, water soluble and biodegradable NBG from oats could be considered as the potential immunostimulant for larval aquaculture. ..
- Hsu A, Wang D, Gurol T, Zhou W, Zhu X, Lu H, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-722 fine-tunes neutrophilic inflammation by inhibiting Rac2 in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:1323-1332 pubmed publisher..Finally, an miR-722 mimic protects zebrafish from lethal lipopolysaccharide challenge. Together, these results provide evidence for and the mechanism of an anti-inflammatory miRNA that restrains detrimental systemic inflammation. ..
- Yan C, Huo X, Wang S, Feng Y, Gong Z. Stimulation of hepatocarcinogenesis by neutrophils upon induction of oncogenic kras expression in transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2015;63:420-8 pubmed publisher..An inflammatory cue from oncogenic hepatocytes upon induction of kras(V12) expression causes a rapid recruitment of neutrophils to oncogenic liver and the neutrophils play a promoting role in early hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Aoudia N, Rieu A, Briandet R, Deschamps J, Chluba J, Jego G, et al. Biofilms of Lactobacillus plantarum and Lactobacillus fermentum: Effect on stress responses, antagonistic effects on pathogen growth and immunomodulatory properties. Food Microbiol. 2016;53:51-9 pubmed publisher..Those results suggest that characterization of isolate phenotype in the biofilm state could be additional valuable information for the selection of probiotic strains. ..
- Roca F, Mulero I, López Muñoz A, Sepulcre M, Renshaw S, Meseguer J, et al. Evolution of the inflammatory response in vertebrates: fish TNF-alpha is a powerful activator of endothelial cells but hardly activates phagocytes. J Immunol. 2008;181:5071-81 pubmed
- Kizil C, Dudczig S, Kyritsis N, Machate A, Blaesche J, Kroehne V, et al. The chemokine receptor cxcr5 regulates the regenerative neurogenesis response in the adult zebrafish brain. Neural Dev. 2012;7:27 pubmed publisher..Further studies on the role of cxcr5 in mediating neuronal replenishment have the potential to produce clinical ramifications in efforts for regenerative therapeutic applications for human neurological disorders or acute injuries. ..
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Meseguer J, Mulero V. New insights into the evolution of IFNs: zebrafish group II IFNs induce a rapid and transient expression of IFN-dependent genes and display powerful antiviral activities. J Immunol. 2009;182:3440-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest nonredundant, complementary roles of type I zfIFNs in viral infections and provide evidence for a pivotal role of the recently identified group II IFN of fish in the early stages of viral infections. ..
- Caruffo M, Navarrete N, Salgado O, Faúndez N, Gajardo M, Feijóo C, et al. Protective Yeasts Control V. anguillarum Pathogenicity and Modulate the Innate Immune Response of Challenged Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Larvae. Front Cell Infect Microbiol. 2016;6:127 pubmed..upregulation of key components of the inflammatory/anti-inflammatory response (il1b, tnfa, c3, mpx, and il10, respectively). These results show that protection by yeasts of zebrafish larvae challenged with V...
- Gonçalves A, Páscoa I, Neves J, Coimbra J, Vijayan M, Rodrigues P, et al. The inhibitory effect of environmental ammonia on Danio rerio LPS induced acute phase response. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;36:279-88 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that high environmental ammonia-mediated elevation of cortisol levels in zebrafish may be playing a key role in this immunosuppression, while the mechanisms involved remains to be elucidated. ..
- Pan C, Peng K, Lin C, Chen J. Transgenic expression of tilapia hepcidin 1-5 and shrimp chelonianin in zebrafish and their resistance to bacterial pathogens. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:275-85 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results indicate that TH1-5 and chelonianin possess the potential to be novel candidate genes for aquaculture applications to treat fish diseases. ..