Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ihha
Description: Indian hedgehog homolog a
Alias: hha, ihh, indian hedgehog protein, hh[a], qhh
- Armstrong B, Henner A, Stewart S, Stankunas K. Shh promotes direct interactions between epidermal cells and osteoblast progenitors to shape regenerated zebrafish bone. Development. 2017;144:1165-1176 pubmed publisher..This Hh/Smo activity is driven by epidermal Sonic hedgehog a (Shha) rather than Ob-derived Indian hedgehog a (Ihha), which nevertheless functions atypically to support bone maturation...
- Huycke T, Eames B, Kimmel C. Hedgehog-dependent proliferation drives modular growth during morphogenesis of a dermal bone. Development. 2012;139:2371-80 pubmed publisher..b>ihha is specifically expressed in a local population of active osteoblasts along the principal growing edge of the bone...
- Park S, Davison J, Rhee J, Hruban R, Maitra A, Leach S. Oncogenic KRAS induces progenitor cell expansion and malignant transformation in zebrafish exocrine pancreas. Gastroenterology. 2008;134:2080-90 pubmed publisher..To examine the effects of oncogene activation within the pancreatic progenitor pool, we devised a system for real-time visualization of both normal and oncogenic KRAS-expressing pancreatic progenitor cells in living zebrafish embryos...
- Yin A, Korzh V, Gong Z. Perturbation of zebrafish swimbladder development by enhancing Wnt signaling in Wif1 morphants. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1823:236-44 pubmed publisher..Our works established the importance of proper level of Wnt signaling for normal development of swimbladder in zebrafish. ..
- Eames B, Yan Y, Swartz M, Levic D, Knapik E, Postlethwait J, et al. Mutations in fam20b and xylt1 reveal that cartilage matrix controls timing of endochondral ossification by inhibiting chondrocyte maturation. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002246 pubmed publisher..showing increased and early expression of such markers as runx2b, collagen type 10a1, and ihh co-orthologs, and ihha mutation suppressed early perichondral bone in PG mutants...
- Zeng L, Childs S. The smooth muscle microRNA miR-145 regulates gut epithelial development via a paracrine mechanism. Dev Biol. 2012;367:178-86 pubmed publisher..Thus although miR-145 is a tissue-restricted microRNA, it plays an essential role in promoting the patterning of both gut layers during gut development via a paracrine mechanism. ..
- Yin A, Korzh S, Winata C, Korzh V, Gong Z. Wnt signaling is required for early development of zebrafish swimbladder. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18431 pubmed publisher..Our functional analysis data indicated that Wnt/?-catenin signaling is required for swimbladder early development and we also provided evidence for the crosstalk between Wnt and Hh signaling in early swimbladder development. ..
- Wang J, Cao J, Dickson A, Poss K. Epicardial regeneration is guided by cardiac outflow tract and Hedgehog signalling. Nature. 2015;522:226-230 pubmed publisher..These findings extend our understanding of tissue interactions during regeneration and have implications for mobilizing epicardial cells for therapeutic heart repair. ..
- Kano S, Xiao J, Osorio J, Ekker M, Hadzhiev Y, Muller F, et al. Two lamprey Hedgehog genes share non-coding regulatory sequences and expression patterns with gnathostome Hedgehogs. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13332 pubmed publisher..preliminary genome assembly of the sea lamprey Petromyzon marinus indicate that lampreys have two Hh genes, named Hha and Hhb...
- Jackman W, Yoo J, Stock D. Hedgehog signaling is required at multiple stages of zebrafish tooth development. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:119 pubmed publisher..We looked for, but did not detect, tooth germ expression of the other known zebrafish hedgehog ligands shhb, dhh, ihha, or ihhb, suggesting that as in mammals, only Shh participates in zebrafish tooth development...
- Bhattacharya P, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Rubin D. Evolution of the vertebrate pth2 (tip39) gene family and the regulation of PTH type 2 receptor (pth2r) and its endogenous ligand pth2 by hedgehog signaling in zebrafish development. J Endocrinol. 2011;211:187-200 pubmed publisher..The considerable evolutionary conservation in genomic structure, synteny relationships, and expression of zebrafish pth2 and pth2r provides a foundation for exploring the endocrine roles of this system in developing vertebrate embryos. ..
- Li J, Liang Y, Zhang X, Lu J, Zhang J, Ruan T, et al. Impaired gas bladder inflation in zebrafish exposed to a novel heterocyclic brominated flame retardant tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) isocyanurate. Environ Sci Technol. 2011;45:9750-7 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we report that the gas bladder could be a primary target organ for TBC, and assessment of the gas bladder should be included in toxicity testing protocols of zebrafish embryos. ..
- Wang N, Sun Y, Liu J, Wang Y, Zhu Z. Molecular characterization of common carp (Cyprinus carpio) Sonic Hedgehog and discovery of its maternal expression. Dev Genes Evol. 2007;217:299-305 pubmed
- Williams L, Timme Laragy A, Goldstone J, McArthur A, Stegeman J, Smolowitz R, et al. Developmental expression of the Nfe2-related factor (Nrf) transcription factor family in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79574 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a foundation for understanding the role of nrf genes in normal development and in regulating the response to oxidative stress in vertebrate embryos. ..
- Jantzen C, Annunziato K, Bugel S, Cooper K. PFOS, PFNA, and PFOA sub-lethal exposure to embryonic zebrafish have different toxicity profiles in terms of morphometrics, behavior and gene expression. Aquat Toxicol. 2016;175:160-70 pubmed publisher..PFOS, PFNA, and PFOA exposure resulted in significantly altered responses in terms of morphometric, locomotion, and gene expression endpoints, which could be manifested in field exposed teleosts. ..
- DeLaurier A, Huycke T, Nichols J, Swartz M, Larsen A, Walker C, et al. Role of mef2ca in developmental buffering of the zebrafish larval hyoid dermal skeleton. Dev Biol. 2014;385:189-99 pubmed publisher..Hence, steps along the developmental trajectory appear differentially sensitive to the loss of buffering, providing focus for the future study. ..
- Paul S, Schindler S, Giovannone D, de Millo Terrazzani A, Mariani F, Crump J. Ihha induces hybrid cartilage-bone cells during zebrafish jawbone regeneration. Development. 2016;143:2066-76 pubmed publisher..Analysis of Indian hedgehog homolog a (ihha) mutants shows that the ability of periosteal cells to generate cartilage in response to injury depends on a repair-..
- Smith A, Avaron F, Guay D, Padhi B, Akimenko M. Inhibition of BMP signaling during zebrafish fin regeneration disrupts fin growth and scleroblasts differentiation and function. Dev Biol. 2006;299:438-54 pubmed