Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: igfbp1a
Description: insulin-like growth factor binding protein 1a
Alias: IGFBP-1, cb656, igfbp1, insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 1, insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1
- Safian D, Morais R, Bogerd J, Schulz R. Igf Binding Proteins Protect Undifferentiated Spermatogonia in the Zebrafish Testis Against Excessive Differentiation. Endocrinology. 2016;157:4423-4433 pubmed..T3 up-regulated igfbp1a and igfbp3 expression, whereas FSH reduced igfbp1a transcript levels...
- Zhong Y, Duan C. Lamprey IGF-Binding Protein-3 Has IGF-Dependent and -Independent Actions. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2016;7:174 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that lamprey IGFBP-3 has both IGF-dependent and -independent actions and provide new insights into the functional evolution of the IGFBP family. ..
- Marques I, Leito J, Spaink H, Testerink J, Jaspers R, Witte F, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the response to chronic constant hypoxia in zebrafish hearts. J Comp Physiol B. 2008;178:77-92 pubmed..We observed a simultaneous increase in expression of IGF-2 and IGFbp1 and upregulation of several genes important for the protection against reactive oxygen species (ROS)...
- Houbrechts A, Delarue J, Gabriëls I, Sourbron J, Darras V. Permanent Deiodinase Type 2 Deficiency Strongly Perturbs Zebrafish Development, Growth, and Fertility. Endocrinology. 2016;157:3668-81 pubmed publisher..As the first nonmammalian model with permanent Dio2 deficiency, these mutant zebrafish lines provide evidence that Dio2 is essential to assure normal development and to obtain a normal adult phenotype. ..
- Rodgers B, Roalson E, Thompson C. Phylogenetic analysis of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) and IGFBP-related protein gene families. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2008;155:201-7 pubmed..They also suggest that rainbow trout, and possibly other salmonids, possess two IGFBP-2 paralogs as the putative trout IGFBP-3 is misannotated. ..
- Zhang P, Lu L, Yao Q, Li Y, Zhou J, Liu Y, et al. Molecular, functional, and gene expression analysis of zebrafish hypoxia-inducible factor-3?. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R1165-74 pubmed publisher..These results provide new information about the structural and functional conservation, spatial and temporal expression, and physiological regulation of hif-3? in a teleost model organism. ..
- Amaral I, Johnston I. Experimental selection for body size at age modifies early life-history traits and muscle gene expression in adult zebrafish. J Exp Biol. 2012;215:3895-904 pubmed publisher..Transcript abundance for four genes (igf1a, igf2r, igfbp1a and igfbp1b) showed either regulated or constitutive differences between the S- and L-lineages...
- Stevenson T, Trinh T, Kogelschatz C, Fujimoto E, Lush M, Piotrowski T, et al. Hypoxia disruption of vertebrate CNS pathfinding through ephrinB2 Is rescued by magnesium. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002638 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that evolutionarily conserved genetic pathways regulate connectivity changes in the CNS in response to hypoxia, and they support a potential neuroprotective role for magnesium. ..
- Lo K, Hui M, Yu R, Wu R, Cheng S. Hypoxia impairs primordial germ cell migration in zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24540 pubmed publisher..IGF signaling is shown to be one of the possible mechanisms for the causal link between hypoxia and PGC migration. We propose that hypoxia causes PGC migration defect by inhibiting IGF signaling through the induction of IGFBP-1. ..
- Zhong Y, Lu L, Zhou J, Li Y, Liu Y, Clemmons D, et al. IGF binding protein 3 exerts its ligand-independent action by antagonizing BMP in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:1925-35 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of Igfbp3 enhanced the ventralized phenotype caused by chordin knockdown. These results suggest that Igfbp3 exerts its IGF-independent actions by antagonizing Bmp signaling and that this mechanism is conserved. ..
- Lu J, Liu K, Schulz N, Karampelias C, Charbord J, Hilding A, et al. IGFBP1 increases ?-cell regeneration by promoting ?- to ?-cell transdifferentiation. EMBO J. 2016;35:2026-44 pubmed publisher..One protein, insulin-like growth factor (Igf) binding-protein 1 (Igfbp1), potently promoted ?-cell regeneration by potentiating ?- to ?-cell transdifferentiation...
- Fai Tse W, Li J, Kwan Tse A, Chan T, Hin Ho J, Sun Wu R, et al. Fatty liver disease induced by perfluorooctane sulfonate: Novel insight from transcriptome analysis. Chemosphere. 2016;159:166-177 pubmed publisher..The transcriptomic alterations revealed may serve as biomarkers for the hepatotoxic effect of PFOS. ..
- Nishimura Y, Sasagawa S, Ariyoshi M, Ichikawa S, Shimada Y, Kawaguchi K, et al. Systems pharmacology of adiposity reveals inhibition of EP300 as a common therapeutic mechanism of caloric restriction and resveratrol for obesity. Front Pharmacol. 2015;6:199 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the inhibition of EP300 might be a common therapeutic mechanism between CR and RSV in adipose tissues of obese individuals. ..
- Tan T, Yu R, Wu R, Kong R. Overexpression and Knockdown of Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1 Disrupt the Expression of Steroidogenic Enzyme Genes and Early Embryonic Development in Zebrafish. Gene Regul Syst Bio. 2017;11:1177625017713193 pubmed publisher..Overall, the findings from this study indicate that HIF-1-mediated mechanisms are likely involved in the regulation of specific steroidogenic genes. ..
- Safian D, van der Kant H, Crespo D, Bogerd J, Schulz R. Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Regulates igfbp Gene Expression Directly or via Downstream Effectors to Modulate Igf3 Effects on Zebrafish Spermatogenesis. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2017;8:328 pubmed publisher..Fsh (100?ng/mL) decreased the transcript levels of igfbp1a, -3, and -6a after 1 or 3?days, while increasing igfbp2a and -5b expression, but only ..
- Yu R, Chu D, Tan T, Li V, Chan A, Giesy J, et al. Leptin-mediated modulation of steroidogenic gene expression in hypoxic zebrafish embryos: implications for the disruption of sex steroids. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:9112-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study indicates that hypoxia, possibly via HIF-1-induced leptin expression, modulates sex steroid synthesis by acting directly on steroidogenic gene expression. ..
- Daza D, Sundstrom G, Bergqvist C, Duan C, Larhammar D. Evolution of the insulin-like growth factor binding protein (IGFBP) family. Endocrinology. 2011;152:2278-89 pubmed publisher..The large degree of retention of IGFBP genes after the ancient expansion of the gene family strongly suggests that each gene evolved distinct and important functions early in vertebrate evolution. ..
- Kamei H, Ding Y, Kajimura S, Wells M, CHIANG P, Duan C. Role of IGF signaling in catch-up growth and accelerated temporal development in zebrafish embryos in response to oxygen availability. Development. 2011;138:777-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the evolutionarily conserved IGF signaling pathway coordinates growth and temporal development in zebrafish embryos in response to oxygen availability. ..
- Zucchi S, Blüthgen N, Ieronimo A, Fent K. The UV-absorber benzophenone-4 alters transcripts of genes involved in hormonal pathways in zebrafish (Danio rerio) eleuthero-embryos and adult males. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;250:137-46 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that BP-4 interferes with the sex hormone system of fish, which is important for the risk assessment of this UV-absorber. ..
- Chu D, Li V, Yu R. Leptin: clue to poor appetite in oxygen-starved fish. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;319:143-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show that leptin gene expression in fish is regulated by hypoxia possibly via the involvement of HIF-1. ..
- MarÃn Juez R, Rovira M, Crespo D, van der Vaart M, Spaink H, Planas J. GLUT2-mediated glucose uptake and availability are required for embryonic brain development in zebrafish. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015;35:74-85 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that glut2 has an essential role during brain development by facilitating the uptake and availability of glucose and support the involvement of glut2 in brain glucose sensing. ..
- Jaafar L, Podolsky R, Dynan W. Long-term effects of ionizing radiation on gene expression in a zebrafish model. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69445 pubmed publisher..Results help define genes and pathways affected in the long-term, low and moderate dose radiation response and differentiate them from those affected in an acute response in the same tissue. ..
- Zucchi S, Oggier D, Fent K. Global gene expression profile induced by the UV-filter 2-ethyl-hexyl-4-trimethoxycinnamate (EHMC) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Pollut. 2011;159:3086-96 pubmed publisher..ptgds), vitamin A metabolic process (rbp2a), DNA damage and apoptosis (gadd45b), and regulation of cell growth (igfbp1a) were investigated by qRT-PCR analysis in whole body, liver, brain and testis...
- Haggard D, Noyes P, Waters K, Tanguay R. Phenotypically anchored transcriptome profiling of developmental exposure to the antimicrobial agent, triclosan, reveals hepatotoxicity in embryonic zebrafish. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2016;308:32-45 pubmed publisher..We observed similarities in gene expression and hepatic steatosis assays; however, hit data for TCS were more concordant with the hypothesized CAR/PXR activity of TCS from rodent and human in vitro studies. ..
- van der Velden Y, Wang L, Zevenhoven J, van Rooijen E, Van Lohuizen M, Giles R, et al. The serine-threonine kinase LKB1 is essential for survival under energetic stress in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4358-63 pubmed publisher..Zebrafish models of Lkb1 inactivation could provide a platform for chemical genetic screens to identify compounds that target accelerated metabolism, a key feature of tumor cells. ..
- Kamei H, Lu L, Jiao S, Li Y, Gyrup C, Laursen L, et al. Duplication and diversification of the hypoxia-inducible IGFBP-1 gene in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3091 pubmed publisher..The duplicated IGFBP-1 may provide additional flexibility in fine-tuning IGF signaling activities under hypoxia and other catabolic conditions. ..