Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ifnphi3
Description: interferon phi 3
Alias: ifn3, interferon phi 3, interferon 3, type I interferon 3
- Liao Z, Wan Q, Su J. Bioinformatics analysis of organizational and expressional characterizations of the IFNs, IRFs and CRFBs in grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:97-106 pubmed publisher..peptide and can be further divided into three subgroups (IFN-a, -c and -d), containing four members: IFN1, IFN2, IFN3, IFN4 in grass carp...
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- LÃ³pez MuÃ±oz A, Liarte S, GÃ³mez GonzÃ¡lez N, Cabas I, Meseguer J, GarcÃa Ayala A, et al. Estrogen receptor 2b deficiency impairs the antiviral response of zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;53:55-62 pubmed publisher..All together, these results uncover an important role for E2 and Esr signaling in the fine-tuning of sexual hormone balance and the antiviral response of vertebrates. ..
- Chen H, Liu W, Wu S, Chiou P, Li Y, Chen Y, et al. RIG-I specifically mediates group II type I IFN activation in nervous necrosis virus infected zebrafish cells. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:427-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that RIG-I plays an essential role in zebrafish group II type I IFN induction and the inflammatory response to NNV infection. ..
- Zhang L, Chen W, Hu Y, Wu X, Nie P, Chang M. TBK1-like transcript negatively regulates the production of IFN and IFN-stimulated genes through RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;54:135-43 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of TBK1 but not TBK1L resulted in significant activation of zebrafish IFN1 and IFN3 promoters. Similarly, TBK1L had little impact on the antiviral state of the cells...
- Wan Q, Wicramaarachchi W, Whang I, Lim B, Oh M, Jung S, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of two duplicated two-cysteine containing type I interferon genes in rock bream Oplegnathus fasciatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:886-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that two duplicated type I IFN genes are involved in rock bream host response to both viral and bacterial pathogens. ..
- Lagos L, Tandberg J, Repnik U, Boysen P, Ropstad E, Varkey D, et al. Characterization and Vaccine Potential of Membrane Vesicles Produced by Francisella noatunensis subsp. orientalis in an Adult Zebrafish Model. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2017;24: pubmed publisher..1, and ighm, was upregulated, thus confirming the immunogenic properties of F. noatunensis subsp. orientalis-derived MVs. ..
- Encinas P, Garcia Valtanen P, Chinchilla B, Gomez Casado E, Estepa A, Coll J. Identification of multipath genes differentially expressed in pathway-targeted microarrays in zebrafish infected and surviving spring viremia carp virus (SVCV) suggest preventive drug candidates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73553 pubmed publisher..These results could contribute to develop novel drug-based prevention methods and consolidate the zebrafish/SVCV as a model for vertebrate viral diseases. ..
- Wu X, Hu Y, Xue N, Ren S, Chen S, Nie P, et al. Role of zebrafish NLRC5 in antiviral response and transcriptional regulation of MHC related genes. Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;68:58-68 pubmed publisher..All together, these results demonstrate that zebrafish NLRC5 is involved in IFN-independent antiviral response, and also functions as a transcriptional regulator of MHC class II genes. ..
- Huang C, Chou C, Lien H, Chu C, Ho J, Wu Y, et al. IRF9-Stat2 Fusion Protein as an Innate Immune Inducer to Activate Mx and Interferon-Stimulated Gene Expression in Zebrafish Larvae. Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:310-319 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we suggest that IRF9-S2C could activate transcription of ISGs with species-specific recognition and could be an innate immunity inducer in teleost larvae. ..
- Palha N, Guivel Benhassine F, Briolat V, Lutfalla G, Sourisseau M, Ellett F, et al. Real-time whole-body visualization of Chikungunya Virus infection and host interferon response in zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003619 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that the zebrafish represents a novel valuable model to dynamically visualize replication, pathogenesis and host responses to a human virus. ..
- Shi J, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Gui J. Expression regulation of zebrafish interferon regulatory factor 9 by promoter analysis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:534-43 pubmed publisher..These results together indicated that the expression property of IRF9 might be conserved from fish to mammals and that some not yet identified mechanisms could exist in IRF9 gene transcription regulation in response to IFNs. ..
- Sun F, Zhang Y, Liu T, Shi J, Wang B, Gui J. Fish MITA serves as a mediator for distinct fish IFN gene activation dependent on IRF3 or IRF7. J Immunol. 2011;187:2531-9 pubmed publisher..Further characterization of distinct IFN gene activation reveals that zebrafish IFN1 and IFN3 are induced by the MITA pathway but are dependent on distinct transcription factors...
- Cambier C, O Leary S, O Sullivan M, Keane J, Ramakrishnan L. Phenolic Glycolipid Facilitates Mycobacterial Escape from Microbicidal Tissue-Resident Macrophages. Immunity. 2017;47:552-565.e4 pubmed publisher..Human alveolar macrophages produced CCL2 in a PGL-dependent fashion following infection, arguing for the potential of PGL-blocking interventions or PGL-targeting vaccine strategies in the prevention of tuberculosis. VIDEO ABSTRACT. ..
- Huang Y, Huang X, Cai J, Ouyang Z, Wei S, Wei J, et al. Identification of orange-spotted grouper (Epinephelus coioides) interferon regulatory factor 3 involved in antiviral immune response against fish RNA virus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;42:345-52 pubmed publisher..Together, our results demonstrated that IFN immune response mediated by grouper IRF3 was exerted crucial roles for fish RNA virus, but not for DNA virus replication. ..
- Feng H, Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Li Z, Zhang J, Xiong Y, et al. Zebrafish IRF1, IRF3, and IRF7 Differentially Regulate IFN?1 and IFN?3 Expression through Assembly of Homo- or Heteroprotein Complexes. J Immunol. 2016;197:1893-904 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence that fish and mammals have evolved a similar IRF-dependent regulatory mechanism fine-tuning IFN gene activation. ..
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Speth M, Lagos L, Rishovd A, Estepa A, et al. Protective effect of a recombinant VHSV-G vaccine using poly(I:C) loaded nanoparticles as an adjuvant in zebrafish (Danio rerio) infection model. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:248-57 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that chitosan-poly(I:C) NPs are a promising adjuvant candidate for future vaccine formulations. ..
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Kim S, Ulanova L, Speth M, Novoa B, et al. Use of Poly(I:C) Stabilized with Chitosan As a Vaccine-Adjuvant Against Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia Virus Infection in Zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2015;12:421-31 pubmed publisher..Our results show that poly(I:C) is a promising candidate as an adjuvant for fish vaccination against viral pathogens, and that the zebrafish is a promising model for aquaculture-relevant vaccination studies. ..
- Chen W, Hu Y, Zou P, Ren S, Nie P, Chang M. MAVS splicing variants contribute to the induction of interferon and interferon-stimulated genes mediated by RIG-I-like receptors. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;49:19-30 pubmed publisher..of MAVS_tv1 and MAVS_tv2 in fish cells conferred antiviral resistance, and activated zebrafish IFN1 and IFN3 promoters...
- Roca F, Mulero I, López Muñoz A, Sepulcre M, Renshaw S, Meseguer J, et al. Evolution of the inflammatory response in vertebrates: fish TNF-alpha is a powerful activator of endothelial cells but hardly activates phagocytes. J Immunol. 2008;181:5071-81 pubmed