Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ifnphi2
Description: interferon phi 2
Alias: ifn2, interferon phi 2, interferon 2, type I interferon 2
- Lagos L, Tandberg J, Repnik U, Boysen P, Ropstad E, Varkey D, et al. Characterization and Vaccine Potential of Membrane Vesicles Produced by Francisella noatunensis subsp. orientalis in an Adult Zebrafish Model. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2017;24: pubmed publisher..1, and ighm, was upregulated, thus confirming the immunogenic properties of F. noatunensis subsp. orientalis-derived MVs. ..
- Kavaliauskis A, Arnemo M, Speth M, Lagos L, Rishovd A, Estepa A, et al. Protective effect of a recombinant VHSV-G vaccine using poly(I:C) loaded nanoparticles as an adjuvant in zebrafish (Danio rerio) infection model. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:248-57 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that chitosan-poly(I:C) NPs are a promising adjuvant candidate for future vaccine formulations. ..
- Zhang L, Chen W, Hu Y, Wu X, Nie P, Chang M. TBK1-like transcript negatively regulates the production of IFN and IFN-stimulated genes through RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;54:135-43 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data support that zebrafish TBK1L negatively regulates RLRs-MAVS-TBK1 pathway. ..
- Chen W, Hu Y, Zou P, Ren S, Nie P, Chang M. MAVS splicing variants contribute to the induction of interferon and interferon-stimulated genes mediated by RIG-I-like receptors. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;49:19-30 pubmed publisher..In contrast, MAVS_tv2 overexpression increased rapidly and transiently the expression of IFN1, IFN2, IFN3, mxc and rsad2 at 6 or 24â€‰hpf...
- Shi J, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Gui J. Expression regulation of zebrafish interferon regulatory factor 9 by promoter analysis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:534-43 pubmed publisher..These results together indicated that the expression property of IRF9 might be conserved from fish to mammals and that some not yet identified mechanisms could exist in IRF9 gene transcription regulation in response to IFNs. ..
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- Sun F, Zhang Y, Liu T, Shi J, Wang B, Gui J. Fish MITA serves as a mediator for distinct fish IFN gene activation dependent on IRF3 or IRF7. J Immunol. 2011;187:2531-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that IFN genes in fish and mammals have evolved independently to acquire a similar mechanism triggering their expression. ..
- Hamming O, Lutfalla G, Levraud J, Hartmann R. Crystal structure of Zebrafish interferons I and II reveals conservation of type I interferon structure in vertebrates. J Virol. 2011;85:8181-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, these fish IFNs belong to the type I IFN family. Our results also imply that a dual antiviral IFN system has arisen twice during vertebrate evolution. ..
- Ludwig M, Palha N, Torhy C, Briolat V, Colucci Guyon E, Bremont M, et al. Whole-body analysis of a viral infection: vascular endothelium is a primary target of infectious hematopoietic necrosis virus in zebrafish larvae. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001269 pubmed publisher..This tractable system will allow the in vivo dissection of host-virus interactions at the whole organism scale, a feature unrivalled by other vertebrate models. ..
- Varela M, Romero A, Dios S, van der Vaart M, Figueras A, Meijer A, et al. Cellular visualization of macrophage pyroptosis and interleukin-1? release in a viral hemorrhagic infection in zebrafish larvae. J Virol. 2014;88:12026-40 pubmed publisher..The use of this animal model with other pathogens could improve the current knowledge on host-pathogen interactions and increase the potential for the discovery of new therapeutic targets against diverse viral diseases. ..
- Varela M, Diaz Rosales P, Pereiro P, Forn Cuni G, Costa M, Dios S, et al. Interferon-induced genes of the expanded IFIT family show conserved antiviral activities in non-mammalian species. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e100015 pubmed publisher..Reduction in the mortality rate was observed confirming a conserved antiviral function in non-mammalian species. ..
- Chen H, Liu W, Wu S, Chiou P, Li Y, Chen Y, et al. RIG-I specifically mediates group II type I IFN activation in nervous necrosis virus infected zebrafish cells. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;43:427-35 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that RIG-I plays an essential role in zebrafish group II type I IFN induction and the inflammatory response to NNV infection. ..
- LÃ³pez MuÃ±oz A, Liarte S, GÃ³mez GonzÃ¡lez N, Cabas I, Meseguer J, GarcÃa Ayala A, et al. Estrogen receptor 2b deficiency impairs the antiviral response of zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2015;53:55-62 pubmed publisher..that mutant fish were able to induce the genes encoding major antiviral molecules, including Ifnphi1, Ifnphi2, Infphi3, Mxb and Mxc, and the negative feedback regulator of cytokine signaling Socs1...
- Lee S, Peng K, Lee L, Pan C, Hour A, Her G, et al. Characterization of tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) viperin expression, and inhibition of bacterial growth and modulation of immune-related gene expression by electrotransfer of viperin DNA into zebrafish muscle. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2013;151:217-28 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that such altered expression may account for the improvement in bacterial clearance following electroporation of viperin, suggesting that fish viperin has antiviral and antibacterial activities. ..
- Liao Z, Wan Q, Su J. Bioinformatics analysis of organizational and expressional characterizations of the IFNs, IRFs and CRFBs in grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:97-106 pubmed publisher..mature peptide and can be further divided into three subgroups (IFN-a, -c and -d), containing four members: IFN1, IFN2, IFN3, IFN4 in grass carp...
- Wan Q, Wicramaarachchi W, Whang I, Lim B, Oh M, Jung S, et al. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of two duplicated two-cysteine containing type I interferon genes in rock bream Oplegnathus fasciatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2012;33:886-98 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that two duplicated type I IFN genes are involved in rock bream host response to both viral and bacterial pathogens. ..