Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ifng1r
Description: interferon gamma related
Alias: ifng1, ifng1-1, si:ch211-266a5.1, interferon gamma related, Ifngamma1, interferon gamma 1, interferon, gamma 1-1
- Filby A, Paull G, Bartlett E, Van Look K, Tyler C. Physiological and health consequences of social status in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Physiol Behav. 2010;101:576-87 pubmed publisher..The wide-ranging physiological differences seen between dominant and subordinate zebrafish as a consequence of their social status suggest negative health impacts for subordinates after prolonged durations in those hierarchies. ..
- Lagos L, Tandberg J, Becker M, Winther Larsen H. Immunomodulatory properties of Concholepas concholepas hemocyanin against francisellosis in a zebrafish model. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:571-574 pubmed publisher..the mRNA expression levels of several immune-related genes were studied, including mhcii, il12a, tnf? and ifng1-1...
- Garcia Valtanen P, Martínez López A, López Muñoz A, Bello Perez M, Medina Gali R, Ortega Villaizan M, et al. Zebra Fish Lacking Adaptive Immunity Acquire an Antiviral Alert State Characterized by Upregulated Gene Expression of Apoptosis, Multigene Families, and Interferon-Related Genes. Front Immunol. 2017;8:121 pubmed publisher..From this and other studies, it might be concluded that some of the characteristics of mammalian trained immunity are present in lower vertebrates. ..
- Hensley M, Chua R, Leung Y, Yang J, Zhang G. Molecular Evolution of MDM1, a "Duplication-Resistant" Gene in Vertebrates. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0163229 pubmed publisher..Its expression patterns in early zebrafish embryos indicate that mdm1 may play important roles in the development of the central nervous system, kidneys, and hematopoietic system. ..
- Chen W, Xu Q, Chang M, Zou J, Secombes C, Peng K, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of the IFN-gamma related gene (IFN-gammarel) in grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;134:199-207 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of the expression patterns of gcIFN-gammarel and PGN receptors, nucleotide oligomerization domains (NOD) 1 and 2, may suggest that IFN-gammarel was possibly activated in a NOD2-dependent mechanism. ..
- Liao Z, Wan Q, Su J. Bioinformatics analysis of organizational and expressional characterizations of the IFNs, IRFs and CRFBs in grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:97-106 pubmed publisher..These results might provide basic data for the further functional research of IFN system, and deeply understand fish immune mechanisms against virus infection. ..
- Yan C, Huo X, Wang S, Feng Y, Gong Z. Stimulation of hepatocarcinogenesis by neutrophils upon induction of oncogenic kras expression in transgenic zebrafish. J Hepatol. 2015;63:420-8 pubmed publisher..An inflammatory cue from oncogenic hepatocytes upon induction of kras(V12) expression causes a rapid recruitment of neutrophils to oncogenic liver and the neutrophils play a promoting role in early hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Levitte S, Adams K, Berg R, Cosma C, Urdahl K, Ramakrishnan L. Mycobacterial Acid Tolerance Enables Phagolysosomal Survival and Establishment of Tuberculous Infection In Vivo. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:250-8 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests that if pathogenic mycobacteria fail to prevent lysosomal trafficking, they tolerate the resulting acidic environment of the phagolysosome to establish infection. ..
- Zhang H, Shen B, Wu H, Gao L, Liu Q, Wang Q, et al. Th17-like immune response in fish mucosal tissues after administration of live attenuated Vibrio anguillarum via different vaccination routes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;37:229-38 pubmed publisher..In turbot, effective immune protection against wild-type V. anguillarum was obtained by bath-vaccinated and the Th17-like responses were found in mucosal and systemic tissues. ..
- Lagos L, Tandberg J, Repnik U, Boysen P, Ropstad E, Varkey D, et al. Characterization and Vaccine Potential of Membrane Vesicles Produced by Francisella noatunensis subsp. orientalis in an Adult Zebrafish Model. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2017;24: pubmed publisher..1, and ighm, was upregulated, thus confirming the immunogenic properties of F. noatunensis subsp. orientalis-derived MVs. ..
- Shi J, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Gui J. Expression regulation of zebrafish interferon regulatory factor 9 by promoter analysis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:534-43 pubmed publisher..These results together indicated that the expression property of IRF9 might be conserved from fish to mammals and that some not yet identified mechanisms could exist in IRF9 gene transcription regulation in response to IFNs. ..
- Tokunaga Y, Shirouzu M, Sugahara R, Yoshiura Y, Kiryu I, Ototake M, et al. Comprehensive validation of T- and B-cell deficiency in rag1-null zebrafish: Implication for the robust innate defense mechanisms of teleosts. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7536 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the teleost relies heavily on innate immunity. Thus, this model could better highlight innate immunity in animals that lack adaptive immunity than mouse models. ..
- Milev Milovanovic I, Long S, Wilson M, Bengten E, Miller N, Chinchar V. Identification and expression analysis of interferon gamma genes in channel catfish. Immunogenetics. 2006;58:70-80 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies indicate that Siluriformes possess two evolutionarily conserved IFN-gamma genes and demonstrate that CF possess three key elements of the innate immune response: NK cells and types I and II IFN...
- Hartig E, Zhu S, King B, Coffman J. Cortisol-treated zebrafish embryos develop into pro-inflammatory adults with aberrant immune gene regulation. Biol Open. 2016;5:1134-41 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that chronically elevated glucocorticoid signaling early in life directs development of a pro-inflammatory adult phenotype, at the expense of immunoregulation and somatic regenerative capacity. ..
- Lu L, Li S, Lu X, Zhang Y. Functions of the two zebrafish MAVS variants are opposite in the induction of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:574-82 pubmed publisher..Lastly, overexpression of MAVS_tv2 decreased the transcriptional levels of several IFN-stimulated genes activated by IRF7. These findings suggest that MAVS_tv2 is a negative regulator of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. ..
- Oksanen K, MyllymÃ¤ki H, Ahava M, MÃ¤kinen L, Parikka M, RÃ¤met M. DNA vaccination boosts Bacillus Calmette-GuÃ©rin protection against mycobacterial infection in zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;54:89-96 pubmed publisher..We conclude that zebrafish is a useful early-phase preclinical model for studying subunit vaccines designed for boosting the effects of BCG. ..
- Garcia Valtanen P, Martinez Lopez A, Ortega Villaizan M, Perez L, Coll J, Estepa A. In addition to its antiviral and immunomodulatory properties, the zebrafish ?-defensin 2 (zfBD2) is a potent viral DNA vaccine molecular adjuvant. Antiviral Res. 2014;101:136-47 pubmed publisher..To note that psoriasis can be induced in zebrafish and the over-expression of ?-defensin 2 is implicated in the inflammatory response associated with this human skin disorder. ..
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Sepulcre M, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Zebrafish larvae are unable to mount a protective antiviral response against waterborne infection by spring viremia of carp virus. Dev Comp Immunol. 2010;34:546-52 pubmed publisher..This model, in combination with the powerful gene overexpression and morpholino-mediated knockdown techniques, will help to illuminate the IFN system of teleost fish...