Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ifng1
Description: interferon gamma 1
Alias: INF-G, ifng, ifng1-2, interferon gamma 1, Ifng2, Ifngamma2, interferon, gamma 1-2
- Srivastava N, Shelly A, Kumar M, Pant A, Das B, Majumdar T, et al. Aeromonas hydrophila utilizes TLR4 topology for synchronous activation of MyD88 and TRIF to orchestrate anti-inflammatory responses in zebrafish. Cell Death Discov. 2017;3:17067 pubmed publisher..Inside the cytosol, A. hydrophila avoids detection by suppressing NLRs, facilitating its survival and ensuing pathogenesis. ..
- Wu S, Wang L, Xu G, Yang S, Deng Q, Li Y, et al. spv locus aggravates Salmonella infection of zebrafish adult by inducing Th1/Th2 shift to Th2 polarization. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;67:684-691 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data revealed that spv locus could aggravate Salmonella infection of zebrafish adult by inducing an imbalance of Th1/Th2 immune response and resulting in a detrimental Th2 bias of host. ..
- Ray A, Bhaduri A, Srivastava N, Mazumder S. Identification of novel signature genes attesting arsenic-induced immune alterations in adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Hazard Mater. 2017;321:121-131 pubmed publisher..The study provides a molecular snap shot for predicting arsenic immuno-toxicity. ..
- Tokunaga Y, Shirouzu M, Sugahara R, Yoshiura Y, Kiryu I, Ototake M, et al. Comprehensive validation of T- and B-cell deficiency in rag1-null zebrafish: Implication for the robust innate defense mechanisms of teleosts. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7536 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the teleost relies heavily on innate immunity. Thus, this model could better highlight innate immunity in animals that lack adaptive immunity than mouse models. ..
- Lee Y, Lee B, Jeong S, Park J, Han I, Lee C. Increased cell proliferation and neural activity by physostigmine in the telencephalon of adult zebrafish. Neurosci Lett. 2016;629:189-195 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 200?M physostigmine increased neural activity and induced cell proliferation via nitric oxide production in zebrafish. ..
- Shi J, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Gui J. Expression regulation of zebrafish interferon regulatory factor 9 by promoter analysis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:534-43 pubmed publisher..These results together indicated that the expression property of IRF9 might be conserved from fish to mammals and that some not yet identified mechanisms could exist in IRF9 gene transcription regulation in response to IFNs. ..
- Lampe E, Tandberg J, Rishovd A, Winther Larsen H. Francisella noatunensis ssp. noatunensis iglC deletion mutant protects adult zebrafish challenged with acute mortality dose of wild-type strain. Dis Aquat Organ. 2017;123:123-140 pubmed publisher..Immunized fish had lower interleukin 6 (il6) and il8 transcription in kidney and prolonged interferon-gamma (ifng) transcription in spleens after challenge compared with non-immunized fish...
- Faikoh E, Hong Y, Hu S. Liposome-encapsulated cinnamaldehyde enhances zebrafish (Danio rerio) immunity and survival when challenged with Vibrio vulnificus and Streptococcus agalactiae. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;38:15-24 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that LEC could be used as an antimicrobial agent and immunostimulant to protect bacteria-infected fish in aquaculture. ..
- Zou J, Carrington A, Collet B, Dijkstra J, Yoshiura Y, Bols N, et al. Identification and bioactivities of IFN-gamma in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss: the first Th1-type cytokine characterized functionally in fish. J Immunol. 2005;175:2484-94 pubmed..Taken together, the present study has demonstrated for the first time a functional IFN-gamma homologue in a fish species, strongly suggesting a conserved Th1 immune response is most likely present in lower vertebrates. ..
- Levitte S, Adams K, Berg R, Cosma C, Urdahl K, Ramakrishnan L. Mycobacterial Acid Tolerance Enables Phagolysosomal Survival and Establishment of Tuberculous Infection In Vivo. Cell Host Microbe. 2016;20:250-8 pubmed publisher..Our work suggests that if pathogenic mycobacteria fail to prevent lysosomal trafficking, they tolerate the resulting acidic environment of the phagolysosome to establish infection. ..
- Chen W, Xu Q, Chang M, Zou J, Secombes C, Peng K, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of the IFN-gamma related gene (IFN-gammarel) in grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2010;134:199-207 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of the expression patterns of gcIFN-gammarel and PGN receptors, nucleotide oligomerization domains (NOD) 1 and 2, may suggest that IFN-gammarel was possibly activated in a NOD2-dependent mechanism. ..
- Cobbina S, Xu H, Zhao T, Mao G, Zhou Z, Wu X, et al. A multivariate assessment of innate immune-related gene expressions due to exposure to low concentration individual and mixtures of four kinds of heavy metals on zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;47:1032-42 pubmed publisher..It is indicative that mechanisms associated with toxicity of metal mixtures is complex, however, further studies to elucidate them are ongoing in our research laboratory. ..
- Xu H, Yang M, Qiu W, Pan C, Wu M. The impact of endocrine-disrupting chemicals on oxidative stress and innate immune response in zebrafish embryos. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2013;32:1793-9 pubmed publisher..The authors' results demonstrate that exposure to BPA and NP significantly affects the expression of genes related to immune response in zebrafish embryos following oxidative stress. ..
- Roca F, Mulero I, López Muñoz A, Sepulcre M, Renshaw S, Meseguer J, et al. Evolution of the inflammatory response in vertebrates: fish TNF-alpha is a powerful activator of endothelial cells but hardly activates phagocytes. J Immunol. 2008;181:5071-81 pubmed
- Encinas P, Garcia Valtanen P, Chinchilla B, Gomez Casado E, Estepa A, Coll J. Identification of multipath genes differentially expressed in pathway-targeted microarrays in zebrafish infected and surviving spring viremia carp virus (SVCV) suggest preventive drug candidates. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73553 pubmed publisher..These results could contribute to develop novel drug-based prevention methods and consolidate the zebrafish/SVCV as a model for vertebrate viral diseases. ..
- Feng W, Gu Y, Nie L, Guo D, Xiang L, Shao J. Characterization of SIGIRR/IL-1R8 Homolog from Zebrafish Provides New Insights into Its Inhibitory Role in Hepatic Inflammation. J Immunol. 2016;197:151-67 pubmed publisher..This molecule is essential to establish liver homeostasis under inflammatory stimuli. Overall, the results will enrich the current knowledge about SIGIRR-mediated immunity and disorders in the liver. ..
- Qiu X, Lv M, Jian X, Chen D, Zhou H, Zhang A, et al. In vitro characterization of grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) IL-26 in regulating inflammatory factors. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;66:148-155 pubmed publisher..Those results collectively demonstrated the functional role of IL-26 in regulating inflammatory response in fish. ..
- Zhang B, Shimada Y, Hirota T, Ariyoshi M, Kuroyanagi J, Nishimura Y, et al. Novel immunologic tolerance of human cancer cell xenotransplants in zebrafish. Transl Res. 2016;170:89-98.e3 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this xenograft method has potential as a platform for zebrafish-based anticancer drug discovery because it can closely mimic human clinical cancers without inducing immune suppression. ..
- Wang C, Chen Y, Bian W, Xie S, Qi G, Liu L, et al. Deletion of mstna and mstnb impairs the immune system and affects growth performance in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;72:572-580 pubmed publisher..While each paralogue contributes to the response to bacterial insult, mstnb affects the immune system through activation of the NF-?B pathway, and mstna is likely to act upstream of NF-?B at some as yet unidentified target. ..
- Xu H, Shao X, Zhang Z, Zou Y, Wu X, Yang L. Oxidative stress and immune related gene expression following exposure to di-n-butyl phthalate and diethyl phthalate in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;93:39-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, co-exposure to DBP-DEP also induced antioxidant defense and immune response in zebrafish embryo. The results demonstrat that DBP/DEP exposure could induce the antioxidant and immune responses in zebrafish embryos...
- Zhang H, Shen B, Wu H, Gao L, Liu Q, Wang Q, et al. Th17-like immune response in fish mucosal tissues after administration of live attenuated Vibrio anguillarum via different vaccination routes. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2014;37:229-38 pubmed publisher..In turbot, effective immune protection against wild-type V. anguillarum was obtained by bath-vaccinated and the Th17-like responses were found in mucosal and systemic tissues. ..
- Igawa D, Sakai M, Savan R. An unexpected discovery of two interferon gamma-like genes along with interleukin (IL)-22 and -26 from teleost: IL-22 and -26 genes have been described for the first time outside mammals. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:999-1009 pubmed..Expression analysis of IL-22, IL-26 and two IFN-gamma genes suggests an active role of these genes in immune responses in fish. ..
- Dee C, Nagaraju R, Athanasiadis E, Gray C, Fernandez Del Ama L, Johnston S, et al. CD4-Transgenic Zebrafish Reveal Tissue-Resident Th2- and Regulatory T Cell-like Populations and Diverse Mononuclear Phagocytes. J Immunol. 2016;197:3520-3530 pubmed
- Dios S, Romero A, Chamorro R, Figueras A, Novoa B. Effect of the temperature during antiviral immune response ontogeny in teleosts. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2010;29:1019-27 pubmed publisher..Thus, Mx seems to play an important role in viral immunity in larvae, when the adaptive immune response is not fully functional. ..
- Hamming O, Lutfalla G, Levraud J, Hartmann R. Crystal structure of Zebrafish interferons I and II reveals conservation of type I interferon structure in vertebrates. J Virol. 2011;85:8181-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, these fish IFNs belong to the type I IFN family. Our results also imply that a dual antiviral IFN system has arisen twice during vertebrate evolution. ..
- Tong J, Meng L, Wang X, Liu L, Lyu L, Wang C, et al. The FBPase Encoding Gene glpX Is Required for Gluconeogenesis, Bacterial Proliferation and Division In Vivo of Mycobacterium marinum. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0156663 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that glpX has essential functions in gluconeogenesis, and plays an indispensable role in bacterial proliferation in vivo and virulence of M. marinum. ..
- Watkins B, Joshi S, Ball D, Leggett H, Park S, Kim J, et al. Mycobacterium marinum SecA2 promotes stable granulomas and induces tumor necrosis factor alpha in vivo. Infect Immun. 2012;80:3512-20 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that SecA2 induces granulomas and is required for bacterial modulation of the host response because it affects the mycobacterial cell envelope...
- Lu L, Li S, Lu X, Zhang Y. Functions of the two zebrafish MAVS variants are opposite in the induction of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:574-82 pubmed publisher..Lastly, overexpression of MAVS_tv2 decreased the transcriptional levels of several IFN-stimulated genes activated by IRF7. These findings suggest that MAVS_tv2 is a negative regulator of IFN1 by targeting IRF7. ..
- Al Samadi A, Awad S, Tuomainen K, Zhao Y, Salem A, Parikka M, et al. Crosstalk between tongue carcinoma cells, extracellular vesicles, and immune cells in in vitro and in vivo models. Oncotarget. 2017;8:60123-60134 pubmed publisher..In zebrafish, the amount of IL-13 mRNA was decreased by SCC-25 EVs. This study describes promising in vitro and in vivo models to investigate interactions between immune cells, cancer cells, and EVs. ..
- Gong Y, Xiang L, Shao J. CD154-CD40 interactions are essential for thymus-dependent antibody production in zebrafish: insights into the origin of costimulatory pathway in helper T cell-regulated adaptive immunity in early vertebrates. J Immunol. 2009;182:7749-62 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence for the existence of the functional CD154-CD40-mediated costimulatory pathway and helper T cell regulatory mechanism underlying adaptive immunity in a fish species. ..
- Yang C, Li Z, Kang W, Tian Y, Yan Y, Chen W. TET1 and TET3 are essential in induction of Th2-type immunity partly through regulation of IL-4/13A expression in zebrafish model. Gene. 2016;591:201-208 pubmed publisher..This is the first report to show that TET family members play indispensable roles in Th2-type immunity, indicating an epigenetic modulation manner involved in adaptive immune regulations and responses. ..
- Pan C, Wu J, Hui C, Lin C, Chen J. Insights into the antibacterial and immunomodulatory functions of the antimicrobial peptide, epinecidin-1, against Vibrio vulnificus infection in zebrafish. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2011;31:1019-25 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the use of epinecidin-1 to develop inactivated material for fish bacterial infections which can provide guidelines for the future design of epinecidin-1-bacterial formulations for various in vivo applications. ..
- Huang X, Wang H, Meng L, Wang Q, Yu J, Gao Q, et al. Role of eosinophils and apoptosis in PDIMs/PGLs deficient mycobacterium elimination in adult zebrafish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;59:199-206 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the anti-apoptotic effects of PDIMs/PGLs and the recruitment of eosinophils in tissue during the early infection in zebrafish might promote bacterium growth in vivo. ..
- Ding Y, Liu X, Bu L, Li H, Zhang S. Antimicrobial-immunomodulatory activities of zebrafish phosvitin-derived peptide Pt5. Peptides. 2012;37:309-13 pubmed publisher..hydrophila through its antimicrobial activity as well as preventing zebrafish from the detrimental effects of an excessive inflammatory response via modulating immune functions. ..
- Yang D, Liu Q, Ni C, Li S, Wu H, Wang Q, et al. Gene expression profiling in live attenuated Edwardsiella tarda vaccine immunized and challenged zebrafish: insights into the basic mechanisms of protection seen in immunized fish. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;40:132-41 pubmed publisher..This mechanism involved the induction of the TLR-5 signaling pathway, the MHC-I antigen processing pathway and CTL effector function, and CTL function seems play a major role in the protection against E. tarda infection in zebrafish. ..
- Schall K, Thornton M, Isani M, Holoyda K, Hou X, Lien C, et al. Short bowel syndrome results in increased gene expression associated with proliferation, inflammation, bile acid synthesis and immune system activation: RNA sequencing a zebrafish SBS model. BMC Genomics. 2017;18:23 pubmed publisher..Gene expression of ctnnb1, ccnb1, ccnd1, cyp7a1a, dkk3, ifng1-2, igf2a, il1b, lef1, nos2b, saa1, stat3, tnfa and wnt5a were confirmed to be elevated in SBS by RT-qPCR...
- Tandberg J, Lagos L, Langlete P, Berger E, Rishovd A, Roos N, et al. Comparative Analysis of Membrane Vesicles from Three Piscirickettsia salmonis Isolates Reveals Differences in Vesicle Characteristics. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0165099 pubmed publisher..salmonis derived MVs, highlighting strain-specific vesicle characteristics. The results further illustrate that the MV proteome from one bacterial strain is not representative of all bacterial strains within one species. ..
- Morick D, Saragovi A. Inhibition of nervous necrosis virus by ribavirin in a zebrafish larvae model. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;60:537-544 pubmed publisher..Hence, cost-effective ribavirin treatment should be considered as an efficient means to reduce the peril of NNV. ..
- Grayfer L, Belosevic M. Molecular characterization of novel interferon gamma receptor 1 isoforms in zebrafish (Danio rerio) and goldfish (Carassius auratus L.). Mol Immunol. 2009;46:3050-9 pubmed publisher..Incubation of goldfish macrophages with recombinant goldfish IFNgamma2 (rgIFNgamma2) up-regulated expression of both IFNGR1-1 and IFNGR1-2, while treatment of cells with rgTNFalpha2 ..
- Chao C, Hsu P, Jen C, Chen I, Wang C, Chan H, et al. Zebrafish as a model host for Candida albicans infection. Infect Immun. 2010;78:2512-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this work demonstrate that zebrafish can be a useful host model to study C. albicans pathogenesis, and they highlight the advantages of using the zebrafish model in future invasive fungal research. ..
- Liao Z, Wan Q, Su J. Bioinformatics analysis of organizational and expressional characterizations of the IFNs, IRFs and CRFBs in grass carp Ctenopharyngodon idella. Dev Comp Immunol. 2016;61:97-106 pubmed publisher..These results might provide basic data for the further functional research of IFN system, and deeply understand fish immune mechanisms against virus infection. ..
- Bernut A, Nguyen Chi M, Halloum I, Herrmann J, Lutfalla G, Kremer L. Mycobacterium abscessus-Induced Granuloma Formation Is Strictly Dependent on TNF Signaling and Neutrophil Trafficking. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005986 pubmed publisher..abscessus and may be of clinical relevance to explain why immunosuppressive TNF therapy leads to the exacerbation of M. abscessus infections. ..
- Milev Milovanovic I, Long S, Wilson M, Bengten E, Miller N, Chinchar V. Identification and expression analysis of interferon gamma genes in channel catfish. Immunogenetics. 2006;58:70-80 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these studies indicate that Siluriformes possess two evolutionarily conserved IFN-gamma genes and demonstrate that CF possess three key elements of the innate immune response: NK cells and types I and II IFN...
- Lampe E, Zingmark C, Tandberg J, Thrane I, Brudal E, Sjostedt A, et al. Francisella noatunensis subspecies noatunensis clpB deletion mutant impairs development of francisellosis in a zebrafish model. Vaccine. 2017;35:7264-7272 pubmed publisher..n.n. wt. Taken together, the results presented increases the knowledge on protective immune responses against F.n.n. ..
- Sawamiphak S, Kontarakis Z, Stainier D. Interferon gamma signaling positively regulates hematopoietic stem cell emergence. Dev Cell. 2014;31:640-53 pubmed publisher..Notch signaling and blood flow positively regulate the expression of ifng and crfb17 in the AGM...
- Hensley M, Chua R, Leung Y, Yang J, Zhang G. Molecular Evolution of MDM1, a "Duplication-Resistant" Gene in Vertebrates. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0163229 pubmed publisher..Its expression patterns in early zebrafish embryos indicate that mdm1 may play important roles in the development of the central nervous system, kidneys, and hematopoietic system. ..
- Singh R, Khatri P, Srivastava N, Jain S, Brahmachari V, Mukhopadhyay A, et al. Fluoride exposure abates pro-inflammatory response and induces in vivo apoptosis rendering zebrafish (Danio rerio) susceptible to bacterial infections. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;63:314-321 pubmed publisher..We conclude, chronic fluoride exposure impairs the redox balance, affects DNA repair machinery with pro-apoptotic implications and suppresses pro-inflammatory cytokines expression abrogating host immunity to bacterial infections. ..
- Hammar n M, Oksanen K, Nisula H, Luukinen B, Pesu M, R met M, et al. Adequate Th2-type response associates with restricted bacterial growth in latent mycobacterial infection of zebrafish. PLoS Pathog. 2014;10:e1004190 pubmed publisher..Characteristic gata3/tbx21 has potential as a biomarker for the status of mycobacterial disease...
- Lagos L, Tandberg J, Repnik U, Boysen P, Ropstad E, Varkey D, et al. Characterization and Vaccine Potential of Membrane Vesicles Produced by Francisella noatunensis subsp. orientalis in an Adult Zebrafish Model. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2017;24: pubmed publisher..Expression of tnfa, il1b, and ifng, as well as mhcii, mpeg1...
- Yoon S, Alnabulsi A, Wang T, Lee P, Chen T, Bird S, et al. Analysis of interferon gamma protein expression in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;57:79-86 pubmed publisher..We show the IFN-? protein is produced as a dimer, and that a good correlation exists between transcript expression levels and protein levels. ..
- Mohanty S, Jagannathan L, Ganguli G, Padhi A, Roy D, Alaridah N, et al. A mycobacterial phosphoribosyltransferase promotes bacillary survival by inhibiting oxidative stress and autophagy pathways in macrophages and zebrafish. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:13321-43 pubmed publisher..In summary, we show that a novel mycobacterial mannosylated phosphoribosyltransferase acts as a virulence and immunomodulatory factor, suggesting that it may constitute a novel target for antimycobacterial drugs. ..
- Yeh D, Liu Y, Lo Y, Yuh C, Yu G, Lo J, et al. Toll-like receptor 9 and 21 have different ligand recognition profiles and cooperatively mediate activity of CpG-oligodeoxynucleotides in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:20711-6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that zebTLR9 and zebTLR21 cooperatively mediate the antimicrobial activities of CpG-ODN. Overall, this study provides a molecular basis for the activities of CpG-ODN in fish...
- Brudal E, Ulanova L, O Lampe E, Rishovd A, Griffiths G, Winther Larsen H. Establishment of three Francisella infections in zebrafish embryos at different temperatures. Infect Immun. 2014;82:2180-94 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate the usefulness of the zebrafish embryo model for studying infections caused by different Francisella species at a wide range of temperatures and highlight their interactions with immune cells. ..
- Cui S, Eauclaire S, Matthews R. Interferon-gamma directly mediates developmental biliary defects. Zebrafish. 2013;10:177-83 pubmed publisher..Here we report that ifng genes are hypomethylated and upregulated in zebrafish larvae treated with azacytidine (azaC), an inhibitor of DNA ..