Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: id2a
Description: inhibitor of DNA binding 2, dominant negative helix-loop-helix protein, a
Alias: cb321, id2, wu:fa04e03, DNA-binding protein inhibitor ID-2
- Zebrafish id2 developmental expression pattern contains evolutionary conserved and species-specific characteristicsShang Wei Chong
Laboratory of Fish Developmental Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore
Dev Dyn 234:1055-63. 2005..We isolated zebrafish id2, and its expression during development was characterized...
- Differential expression and regulation of olig genes in zebrafishNatascia Tiso
Department of Biology, University of Padova, I 35131 Padova, Italy
J Comp Neurol 515:378-96. 2009..Our findings suggest a role for olig genes in CNS patterning as well as in multiple cell fate decisions during neural differentiation...
- Id2a influences neuron and glia formation in the zebrafish retina by modulating retinoblast cell cycle kineticsRosa A Uribe
Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Institute for Cell and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78722, USA
Development 137:3763-74. 2010..Using loss-of-function and overexpression assays in zebrafish, we demonstrate that Id2a levels modulate retinoblast cell cycle kinetics and thereby influence neuron and glia formation in the retina...
- Distinct signalling pathways regulate sprouting angiogenesis from the dorsal aorta and the axial veinDavid M Wiley
Department of Biology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Nat Cell Biol 13:686-92. 2011....
- Discovery and assessment of conserved Pax6 target genes and enhancersPedro Coutinho
Medical Research Council MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Genome Res 21:1349-59. 2011..We have identified several novel direct targets, including some putative disease genes, among them Foxp2; these will allow further dissection of Pax6 function in development and disease...
- Mutation in the type IB bone morphogenetic protein receptor Alk6b impairs germ-cell differentiation and causes germ-cell tumors in zebrafishJoanie C Neumann
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:13153-8. 2011..These results indicate a germ-cell-autonomous role for BMP signal transduction in germ-cell differentiation, and highlight the importance of the BMP pathway in human GCTs...