Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: id2a
Description: inhibitor of DNA binding 2a
Alias: cb321, id2, wu:fa04e03, DNA-binding protein inhibitor ID-2, inhibitor of DNA binding 2, dominant negative helix-loop-helix protein, a
- Chong S, Nguyen T, Chu L, Jiang Y, Korzh V. Zebrafish id2 developmental expression pattern contains evolutionary conserved and species-specific characteristics. Dev Dyn. 2005;234:1055-63 pubmed..We isolated zebrafish id2, and its expression during development was characterized...
- Uribe R, Gross J. Id2a influences neuron and glia formation in the zebrafish retina by modulating retinoblast cell cycle kinetics. Development. 2010;137:3763-74 pubmed publisher..Using loss-of-function and overexpression assays in zebrafish, we demonstrate that Id2a levels modulate retinoblast cell cycle kinetics and thereby influence neuron and glia formation in the retina...
- Neumann J, Chandler G, Damoulis V, Fustino N, Lillard K, Looijenga L, et al. Mutation in the type IB bone morphogenetic protein receptor Alk6b impairs germ-cell differentiation and causes germ-cell tumors in zebrafish. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:13153-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a germ-cell-autonomous role for BMP signal transduction in germ-cell differentiation, and highlight the importance of the BMP pathway in human GCTs...
- Peukert D, Weber S, Lumsden A, Scholpp S. Lhx2 and Lhx9 determine neuronal differentiation and compartition in the caudal forebrain by regulating Wnt signaling. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001218 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that after initial neural tube patterning, neurogenesis within a brain compartment influences the integrity of the neuronal progenitor pool and border formation of a neuromeric compartment. ..
- Uribe R, Kwon T, Marcotte E, Gross J. Id2a functions to limit Notch pathway activity and thereby influence the transition from proliferation to differentiation of retinoblasts during zebrafish retinogenesis. Dev Biol. 2012;371:280-92 pubmed publisher..We recently uncovered a cell non-autonomous role for the intrinsic HLH factor, Id2a, in regulating retinoblast proliferation and differentiation, with Id2a-deficient retinae containing an abundance ..
- Xu J, Cui J, del Campo A, Shin C. Four and a Half LIM Domains 1b (Fhl1b) Is Essential for Regulating the Liver versus Pancreas Fate Decision and for ?-Cell Regeneration. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005831 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data reveal novel and critical functions of Fhl1b in the hepatic versus pancreatic fate decision and in ?-cell regeneration. ..
- Ghaye A, Bergemann D, Tarifeño Saldivia E, Flasse L, Von Berg V, Peers B, et al. Progenitor potential of nkx6.1-expressing cells throughout zebrafish life and during beta cell regeneration. BMC Biol. 2015;13:70 pubmed publisher..This transcriptome also reveals, besides actors of the Notch and Wnt pathways, several novel markers such as id2a. Finally, we show that beta cell ablation in the adult zebrafish triggers proliferation of ductal cells and their ..
- Thorimbert V, König D, Marro J, Ruggiero F, Jazwinska A. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling promotes morphogenesis of blood vessels, wound epidermis, and actinotrichia during fin regeneration in zebrafish. FASEB J. 2015;29:4299-312 pubmed publisher..we analyzed the expression of the evolutionarily conserved direct phospho-Smad1 target gene, id1, and its homologs id2a and id3...
- Khaliq M, Choi T, So J, Shin D. Id2a is required for hepatic outgrowth during liver development in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2015;138 Pt 3:399-414 pubmed publisher..However, a functional role of Id2a in liver development has not yet been reported...
- Baker B, Yee J, Meyer D, Yang D, Baker T. Histological and Transcriptomic Changes in Male Zebrafish Testes Due to Early Life Exposure to Low Level 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin. Zebrafish. 2016;13:413-23 pubmed publisher..These data will inform future investigations to elucidate the mechanism of adult-onset and transgenerational infertility due to TCDD exposure in zebrafish. ..
- Gao H, Bu Y, Wu Q, Wang X, Chang N, Lei L, et al. Mecp2 regulates neural cell differentiation by suppressing the Id1 to Her2 axis in zebrafish. J Cell Sci. 2015;128:2340-50 pubmed publisher....
- Luo J, Uribe R, Hayton S, Calinescu A, Gross J, Hitchcock P. Midkine-A functions upstream of Id2a to regulate cell cycle kinetics in the developing vertebrate retina. Neural Dev. 2012;7:33 pubmed publisher..to identify a potential Mdka signaling pathway show that Mdka functions upstream of the HLH regulatory protein, Id2a. Gene expression analysis shows Mdka regulates id2a expression, and co-injection of Mdka morpholinos and id2a mRNA ..
- Das A, Crump J. Bmps and id2a act upstream of Twist1 to restrict ectomesenchyme potential of the cranial neural crest. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002710 pubmed publisher..We also show that Id2a restricts Twist1 activity to the ectomesenchyme lineage, with Bmp activity preferentially inducing id2a expression ..
- Coutinho P, Pavlou S, Bhatia S, Chalmers K, Kleinjan D, van Heyningen V. Discovery and assessment of conserved Pax6 target genes and enhancers. Genome Res. 2011;21:1349-59 pubmed publisher..We have identified several novel direct targets, including some putative disease genes, among them Foxp2; these will allow further dissection of Pax6 function in development and disease. ..
- Wiley D, Kim J, Hao J, Hong C, Bautch V, Jin S. Distinct signalling pathways regulate sprouting angiogenesis from the dorsal aorta and the axial vein. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:686-92 pubmed publisher....
- Diotel N, Beil T, Strahle U, Rastegar S. Differential expression of id genes and their potential regulator znf238 in zebrafish adult neural progenitor cells and neurons suggests distinct functions in adult neurogenesis. Gene Expr Patterns. 2015;19:1-13 pubmed publisher..We show that while id1 is exclusively expressed in ventricular cells in the whole brain, id2a, id3 and id4 genes are expressed in broader areas...
- Tiso N, Filippi A, Benato F, Negrisolo E, Modena N, Vaccari E, et al. Differential expression and regulation of olig genes in zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2009;515:378-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a role for olig genes in CNS patterning as well as in multiple cell fate decisions during neural differentiation. ..