Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: htr1ab
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1A b
Alias: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1A b, 5-hydroxytryptamine 1 ab receptor
- Mechaly A, Richardson E, Rinkwitz S. Activity of etv5a and etv5b genes in the hypothalamus of fasted zebrafish is influenced by serotonin. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2017;246:233-240 pubmed publisher..This is in line with a previously demonstrated anorexigenic function of serotonin. Our results suggest that obesity-associated ETV5 has a food intake stimulating function and that this function is modulated through serotonin. ..
- Wu Q, Yan W, Cheng H, Liu C, Hung T, Guo X, et al. Parental transfer of microcystin-LR induced transgenerational effects of developmental neurotoxicity in zebrafish offspring. Environ Pollut. 2017;231:471-478 pubmed publisher..was remarkably decreased in MCLR parental exposure groups, while the expression levels of manf, bdnf, ache, htr1ab, htr1b, htr2a, htr1aa, htr5a, DAT, TH1 and TH2 genes coincided with the decreased content of neurotransmitters (..
- Manuel R, Gorissen M, Zethof J, Ebbesson L, van de Vis H, Flik G, et al. Unpredictable chronic stress decreases inhibitory avoidance learning in Tuebingen long-fin zebrafish: stronger effects in the resting phase than in the active phase. J Exp Biol. 2014;217:3919-28 pubmed publisher..Our data warrant further studies on the effect of UCS on stress axis-related genes, especially grÎ²; in mammals this receptor has been implicated in glucocorticoid resistance and depression. ..
- Pei S, Liu L, Zhong Z, Wang H, Lin S, Shang J. Risk of prenatal depression and stress treatment: alteration on serotonin system of offspring through exposure to Fluoxetine. Sci Rep. 2016;6:33822 pubmed publisher..These findings support a possible long-term risk of serotonin pathway alteration, possibly resulting from the "placental drug transfer". ..
- Shimada Y, Hirano M, Nishimura Y, Tanaka T. A high-throughput fluorescence-based assay system for appetite-regulating gene and drug screening. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52549 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have developed an assay that uses zebrafish, which can be applied to high-throughput screening and target gene discovery for appetite suppressants and enhancers. ..
- Barreiro Iglesias A, Mysiak K, Scott A, Reimer M, Yang Y, Becker C, et al. Serotonin Promotes Development and Regeneration of Spinal Motor Neurons in Zebrafish. Cell Rep. 2015;13:924-32 pubmed publisher..Regeneration of spinal-intrinsic serotonergic interneurons was unaltered by these manipulations. Hence, serotonin selectively promotes the development and adult regeneration of motor neurons in zebrafish. ..