Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hsp90aa1.1
Description: heat shock protein 90, alpha (cytosolic), class A member 1, tandem duplicate 1
Alias: fb17b01, hsp90, hsp90a, hsp90a.1, hsp90alpha, wu:fb17b01, zgc:86652, heat shock protein HSP 90-alpha 1, akineto, heat shock protein 90-alpha 1, slo, sloth
- Hawkins T, Haramis A, Etard C, Prodromou C, Vaughan C, Ashworth R, et al. The ATPase-dependent chaperoning activity of Hsp90a regulates thick filament formation and integration during skeletal muscle myofibrillogenesis. Development. 2008;135:1147-56 pubmed publisher..Surprisingly, we find that the phenotype is due to mutation in one copy of a tandemly duplicated hsp90a gene. The mutation disrupts the chaperoning function of Hsp90a through interference with ATPase activity...
- Sass J, Weinberg E, Krone P. Specific localization of zebrafish hsp90 alpha mRNA to myoD-expressing cells suggests a role for hsp90 alpha during normal muscle development. Mech Dev. 1996;54:195-204 pubmedMembers of the eukaryotic hsp90 family function as important molecular chaperones in the assembly, folding and activation of a select group of cellular signalling molecules and transcription factors...
- Myhre J, Hills J, Prill K, Wohlgemuth S, Pilgrim D. The titin A-band rod domain is dispensable for initial thick filament assembly in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2014;387:93-108 pubmed publisher..These findings are also consistent with the symptoms of human titin myopathies that exhibit a late onset, such as tibial muscular dystrophy. ..
- Sissener N, Johannessen L, Hevrøy E, Wiik Nielsen C, Berdal K, Nordgreen A, et al. Zebrafish ( Danio rerio) as a model for investigating the safety of GM feed ingredients (soya and maize); performance, stress response and uptake of dietary DNA sequences. Br J Nutr. 2010;103:3-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, zebrafish shows promise as a model for this application. ..
- Robles V, Marti M, Izpisua Belmonte J. Study of pluripotency markers in zebrafish embryos and transient embryonic stem cell cultures. Zebrafish. 2011;8:57-63 pubmed publisher..We consider this study a step forward in the knowledge of zebrafish pluripotency markers and, therefore, an important tool for the monitoring of zebrafish embryonic cell cultures. ..
- Bruns A, Yuldasheva N, Latham A, Bao L, Pellet Many C, Frankel P, et al. A heat-shock protein axis regulates VEGFR2 proteolysis, blood vessel development and repair. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48539 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of HSP90 stimulated VEGFR2 degradation in primary endothelial cells and blocked VEGF-A-stimulated intracellular signaling ..
- Redelstein R, Zielke H, Spira D, Feiler U, Erdinger L, Zimmer H, et al. Bioaccumulation and molecular effects of sediment-bound metals in zebrafish embryos. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:16290-304 pubmed publisher..MT1 and MT2, the metal-responsive element-binding transcription factor (MTF) and the genes sod1, hsp70 and hsp90Î±1 were measured as indicators of metal-induced or general cellular stress. D...
- Bishop O, Edkins A, Blatch G. Sequence and domain conservation of the coelacanth Hsp40 and Hsp90 chaperones suggests conservation of function. J Exp Zool B Mol Dev Evol. 2014;322:359-78 pubmed publisher..Heat shock protein 90 (Hsp90) and heat shock protein 40 (Hsp40) chaperones, and associated co-chaperones were focused on, and homologous human ..
- Hinits Y, Osborn D, Hughes S. Differential requirements for myogenic regulatory factors distinguish medial and lateral somitic, cranial and fin muscle fibre populations. Development. 2009;136:403-14 pubmed publisher..Mrf4 does not contribute to early myogenesis in zebrafish. We suggest that the differential use of duplicated MRF paralogues in this novel two-component myogenic system facilitated the diversification of vertebrates...
- Christen B, Robles V, Raya M, Paramonov I, Izpisua Belmonte J. Regeneration and reprogramming compared. BMC Biol. 2010;8:5 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose a link between partially reprogrammed induced pluripotent stem cells and the half way state of blastema cells and suggest that a common mechanism might be regulating these two processes. ..
- Etard C, Roostalu U, Strahle U. Lack of Apobec2-related proteins causes a dystrophic muscle phenotype in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:527-39 pubmed publisherThe chaperones Unc45b and Hsp90a are essential for folding of myosin in organisms ranging from worms to humans...
- JerÃ´nimo R, Moraes M, de Assis L, Ramos B, Rocha T, Castrucci A. Thermal stress in Danio rerio: a link between temperature, light, thermo-TRP channels, and clock genes. J Therm Biol. 2017;68:128-138 pubmed publisher..After heat shock, we observed an acute increase of hsp90 aa1 levels in both DD and LD conditions...
- Taherian A, Krone P, Ovsenek N. A comparison of Hsp90alpha and Hsp90beta interactions with cochaperones and substrates. Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;86:37-45 pubmed publisher..The substrates Raf-1, HSF1, Cdc37, and MEK1 interacted with both Hsp90alpha and Hsp90beta, and the relative patterns of these interactions were not affected by heat shock...
- Osborn D, Li K, Hinits Y, Hughes S. Cdkn1c drives muscle differentiation through a positive feedback loop with Myod. Dev Biol. 2011;350:464-75 pubmed publisher..Cdkn1c co-operates with Myod to drive differentiation of several early zebrafish muscle fibre types. Myod in turn up-regulates cdkn1c, thereby providing a positive feedback loop that switches myogenic cells to terminal differentiation. ..
- Xu H, Liu E, Li Y, Li X, Ding C. Transcriptome Analysis Reveals Increases in Visceral Lipogenesis and Storage and Activation of the Antigen Processing and Presentation Pathway during the Mouth-Opening Stage in Zebrafish Larvae. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The findings of this study are important for understanding the physiological switches during the mouth-opening stage. ..
- Connolly M, Hall B. Embryonic heat shock reveals latent hsp90 translation in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Int J Dev Biol. 2008;52:71-9 pubmed..is explored in the context of environmental stress by investigating the activity of heat shock protein-90 (HSP90), a cytosolic chaperone that interacts with transcription factors to mediate multiple developmental pathways...
- Comyn S, Pilgrim D. Lack of developmental redundancy between Unc45 proteins in zebrafish muscle development. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48861 pubmed publisher..Instead, our phylogenetic and phenotypic analyses provide evidence for the role of functional divergence in the evolution of the UCS protein family. ..
- Li H, Zhong Y, Wang Z, Gao J, Xu J, Chu W, et al. Smyd1b is required for skeletal and cardiac muscle function in zebrafish. Mol Biol Cell. 2013;24:3511-21 pubmed publisher..quantitative reverse transcription-PCR analyses show that knockdown of smyd1b up-regulates heat shock protein 90 (hsp90) and unc45b gene expression...
- Hinits Y, Hughes S. Mef2s are required for thick filament formation in nascent muscle fibres. Development. 2007;134:2511-9 pubmed..Our findings show that Mef2 controls skeletal muscle formation after terminal differentiation and define a new maturation step in vertebrate skeletal muscle development at which thick filament gene expression is controlled. ..
- Zhang C, Zhang J, Ren H, Zhou B, Wu Q, Sun P. Effect of tributyltin on antioxidant ability and immune responses of zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;138:1-8 pubmed publisher..05). However, the expression of the HSP70, HSP90, tumor necrosis factor-?(TNF-?), interleukins (IL-1?, IL-6), and nuclear factor-kappa B p65 (NF-? B p65) genes ..
- He Q, Liu K, Tian Z, Du S. The Effects of Hsp90Î±1 Mutations on Myosin Thick Filament Organization. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0142573 pubmed publisher..To assess the structure and function of Hsp90Î± and its potential regulation by post-translational modification, we developed a combined knockdown and rescue ..
- Keller E, Murtha J. The use of mature zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for human aging and disease. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2004;138:335-41 pubmed..These highlights demonstrate the utility of zebrafish as a model for disease and aging. ..
- Pei W, Feldman B. Identification of common and unique modifiers of zebrafish midline bifurcation and cyclopia. Dev Biol. 2009;326:201-11 pubmed publisher..There is a concordance of MB with cyclopia in MZsqt embryos. Heat treatment and depletion of Hsp90a are "common" risk factors, each of which increases the incidence of both phenotypes...
- Dorts J, Falisse E, Schoofs E, Flamion E, Kestemont P, Silvestre F. DNA methyltransferases and stress-related genes expression in zebrafish larvae after exposure to heat and copper during reprogramming of DNA methylation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:34254 pubmed publisher..These results highlighted the sensitivity of early embryogenesis and more precisely of the reprogramming period to environmental challenges, in a realistic situation of combined stressors. ..
- Ye B, Deng X, Shao L, Lu Y, Xiao R, Liu Y, et al. Vibsanin B preferentially targets HSP90Î², inhibits interstitial leukocyte migration, and ameliorates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Immunol. 2015;194:4489-97 pubmed publisher..At the molecular level, inactivation of HSP90 can mimic vibsanin B's effect of inhibiting interstitial leukocyte migration...
- Wang Y, Qian L, Dong Y, Jiang Q, Gui Y, Zhong T, et al. Myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:783-91 pubmed..Microarray studies reveal a number of genes that are differentially expressed in the MEF2A morphants. Our studies suggest that MEF2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. ..
- Sheehan Rooney K, Swartz M, Zhao F, Liu D, Eberhart J. Ahsa1 and Hsp90 activity confers more severe craniofacial phenotypes in a zebrafish model of hypoparathyroidism, sensorineural deafness and renal dysplasia (HDR). Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1285-91 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that, unexpectedly, the chaperone proteins Ahsa1 and Hsp90 promote severe craniofacial phenotypes in our zebrafish model of HDR syndrome...
- Geronikolou S, Pavlopoulou A, Kanaka Gantenbein C, Chrousos G. Inter-species functional interactome of nuclear steroid receptors (R1). Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2018;10:208-228 pubmed
- Kuo Z, Chuang Y, Chao C, Liu F, Lan C, Chen B. Identification of infection- and defense-related genes via a dynamic host-pathogen interaction network using a Candida albicans-zebrafish infection model. J Innate Immun. 2013;5:137-52 pubmed publisher..albicans and the immune response of the host, and may help improve medical therapies and facilitate the development of new antifungal drugs...
- Tiedke J, Cubuk C, Burmester T. Environmental acidification triggers oxidative stress and enhances globin expression in zebrafish gills. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;441:624-9 pubmed publisher..These findings agree with the role of globins in oxidative energy metabolism, but may also hint at a specific function in antioxidative defense. ..
- Craig P, Hogstrand C, Wood C, McClelland G. Gene expression endpoints following chronic waterborne copper exposure in a genomic model organism, the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Physiol Genomics. 2009;40:23-33 pubmed publisher..5% contained only a consensus MRE. We conclude that the indirect effects of Cu exposure regulate gene expression to a much greater degree than the direct effects. ..
- Malek R, Sajadi H, Abraham J, Grundy M, Gerhard G. The effects of temperature reduction on gene expression and oxidative stress in skeletal muscle from adult zebrafish. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2004;138:363-73 pubmed..Additional studies will be required to further delineate the role of altered gene expression and oxidative stress on the longevity-promoting effects of temperature reduction. ..
- Etard C, Armant O, Roostalu U, Gourain V, Ferg M, StrÃ¤hle U. Loss of function of myosin chaperones triggers Hsf1-mediated transcriptional response in skeletal muscle cells. Genome Biol. 2015;16:267 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data show that skeletal muscle cells respond to defective myosin chaperones with a complex gene program and suggest that this response is mediated by Hsf1 activation. ..
- Yang L, Kemadjou J, Zinsmeister C, Bauer M, Legradi J, Muller F, et al. Transcriptional profiling reveals barcode-like toxicogenomic responses in the zebrafish embryo. Genome Biol. 2007;8:R227 pubmed..Our work provides proof-of-principle for the use of the zebrafish embryo as a toxicogenomic model and highlights its potential for systematic, large-scale analysis of the effects of chemicals on the developing vertebrate embryo. ..