Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hsp70.3
Description: heat shock cognate 70-kd protein, tandem duplicate 3
Alias: hsp70, hsp70-4, hspa1a, heat shock cognate 70-kd protein, etID309743.10, heat shock 70kD protein 1A, stress protein HSP70
- Yeyati P, Bancewicz R, Maule J, van Heyningen V. Hsp90 selectively modulates phenotype in vertebrate development. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:e43 pubmed
- Yang L, Kemadjou J, Zinsmeister C, Bauer M, Legradi J, Muller F, et al. Transcriptional profiling reveals barcode-like toxicogenomic responses in the zebrafish embryo. Genome Biol. 2007;8:R227 pubmed..Our work provides proof-of-principle for the use of the zebrafish embryo as a toxicogenomic model and highlights its potential for systematic, large-scale analysis of the effects of chemicals on the developing vertebrate embryo. ..
- Aizawa H, Bianco I, Hamaoka T, Miyashita T, Uemura O, Concha M, et al. Laterotopic representation of left-right information onto the dorso-ventral axis of a zebrafish midbrain target nucleus. Curr Biol. 2005;15:238-43 pubmed
- Evans T, Yamamoto Y, Jeffery W, Krone P. Zebrafish Hsp70 is required for embryonic lens formation. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2005;10:66-78 pubmed..We have previously shown that the heat-inducible zebrafish hsp70 gene is expressed during a distinct temporal window of embryonic lens formation at normal growth temperatures...
- Keller E, Murtha J. The use of mature zebrafish (Danio rerio) as a model for human aging and disease. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2004;138:335-41 pubmed..These highlights demonstrate the utility of zebrafish as a model for disease and aging. ..
- Wang Y, Qian L, Dong Y, Jiang Q, Gui Y, Zhong T, et al. Myocyte-specific enhancer factor 2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:783-91 pubmed..Microarray studies reveal a number of genes that are differentially expressed in the MEF2A morphants. Our studies suggest that MEF2A is essential for zebrafish posterior somite development. ..
- Kreiling J, Creton R, Reinisch C. Early embryonic exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls disrupts heat-shock protein 70 cognate expression in zebrafish. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2007;70:1005-13 pubmed..The structural and biochemical changes in the developing central nervous system following early embryonic exposure to Aroclor 1254 may lead to alterations in the function of the affected regions. ..
- Bruns A, Yuldasheva N, Latham A, Bao L, Pellet Many C, Frankel P, et al. A heat-shock protein axis regulates VEGFR2 proteolysis, blood vessel development and repair. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e48539 pubmed publisher..HSP90 inhibition stimulated the formation of a VEGFR2-HSP70 complex...
- Stoick Cooper C, Weidinger G, Riehle K, Hubbert C, Major M, Fausto N, et al. Distinct Wnt signaling pathways have opposing roles in appendage regeneration. Development. 2007;134:479-89 pubmed..These data suggest that Wnt/beta-catenin signaling promotes regeneration, whereas a distinct pathway activated by wnt5b acts in a negative-feedback loop to limit regeneration. ..
- Santos E, Workman V, Paull G, Filby A, Van Look K, Kille P, et al. Molecular basis of sex and reproductive status in breeding zebrafish. Physiol Genomics. 2007;30:111-22 pubmed..In summary, we have identified molecular processes associated with (gonadal) sex specificity in breeding zebrafish and established a strong relationship between individual ovarian transcriptomes and reproductive status in females. ..
- Gonzalez P, Baudrimont M, Boudou A, Bourdineaud J. Comparative effects of direct cadmium contamination on gene expression in gills, liver, skeletal muscles and brain of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Biometals. 2006;19:225-35 pubmed..the highest response was observed after 7 days, featuring the differential expression of oxidative stress-response hsp70 and mitochondrial sod genes, along with genes involved in mitochondrial metabolism and metal detoxification...
- Gonzalez P, Dominique Y, Massabuau J, Boudou A, Bourdineaud J. Comparative effects of dietary methylmercury on gene expression in liver, skeletal muscle, and brain of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environ Sci Technol. 2005;39:3972-80 pubmed..The expression of the metallothionein mt2 and the DNA repair rad51 genes was up-regulated in liver between 21 and 63 days, whereas in skeletal muscle, mt2 remained uninduced, and gadd and rad51 were found to be repressed. ..
- Prober D, Rihel J, Onah A, Sung R, Schier A. Hypocretin/orexin overexpression induces an insomnia-like phenotype in zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2006;26:13400-10 pubmed
- Hsu R, Yang H, Tsai H. Labeled microRNA pull-down assay system: an experimental approach for high-throughput identification of microRNA-target mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2009;37:e77 pubmed publisher..elegans and zebrafish, yielding fewer false positive results than those produced by using only the bioinformatics approach. ..
- Chocron S, Verhoeven M, Rentzsch F, Hammerschmidt M, Bakkers J. Zebrafish Bmp4 regulates left-right asymmetry at two distinct developmental time points. Dev Biol. 2007;305:577-88 pubmed..The identification of these two distinct and opposing activities of BMP signaling provides new insight into how BMP signaling can regulate LR patterning. ..
- Krone P, Blechinger S, Evans T, Ryan J, Noonan E, Hightower L. Use of fish liver PLHC-1 cells and zebrafish embryos in cytotoxicity assays. Methods. 2005;35:176-87 pubmed..The highly conserved Hsp70 proteins are expressed under proteotoxic conditions, whereas small HSPs are expressed in response to stressors ..
- Yeh F, Hsu T. Differential regulation of spontaneous and heat-induced HSP 70 expression in developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). J Exp Zool. 2002;293:349-59 pubmed..Hence, the spontaneous high expression of HSP 70 in zebrafish is believed to be controlled by a mechanism different from the HSF-1-dependent transcriptional activation of hsp 70 under heat stress. J. Exp. Zool. 293:349-359, 2002. ..
- Rojo I, de Ilárduya O, Estonba A, Pardo M. Innate immune gene expression in individual zebrafish after Listonella anguillarum inoculation. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2007;23:1285-93 pubmed..anguillarum infection but also reveal the existence of a wide variation in the levels of expression of the studied genes in the zebrafish population. ..
- Airaksinen S, Jokilehto T, Råbergh C, Nikinmaa M. Heat- and cold-inducible regulation of HSP70 expression in zebrafish ZF4 cells. Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2003;136:275-82 pubmed..cold shock (28-->20 degrees C) on the expression of ahsf1a, zhsf1b and hsp70. Concomitantly, the suitability of the ZF4 cells as a model system was verified...
- Shimada N, Moorman S. Changes in gravitational force cause changes in gene expression in the lens of developing zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2686-94 pubmed..In this study, we assessed the effect of microgravity on the expression of the heat shock protein 70 (hsp70) gene in lens during development using transgenic zebrafish embryos expressing gfp under the control of hsp70 ..
- Keller J, Escara Wilke J, Keller E. Heat stress-induced heat shock protein 70 expression is dependent on ERK activation in zebrafish (Danio rerio) cells. Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol. 2008;150:307-14 pubmed publisher..In mammals there is evidence that mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) of the ERK family alter Hsp70 transcription, serving as a potential regulator of the heat shock response...
- Hromadnikova I, Nguyen T, Zlacka D, Sedlackova L, Popelka S, Veigl D, et al. Expression of heat shock protein receptors on fibroblast-like synovial cells derived from rheumatoid arthritis-affected joints. Rheumatol Int. 2008;28:837-44 pubmed publisherWe examined the membrane expression of inducible Hsp70 and HSP receptors like TLR2, TLR4, CD14, CD36, CD40 and CD91 on fibroblast-like synovial cells (SC) derived from synovial tissue in 23 patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), who ..
- Na Y, Seok S, Baek M, Lee H, Kim D, Park S, et al. Protective effects of vitamin E against 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB126) induced toxicity in zebrafish embryos. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2009;72:714-9 pubmed publisher..These data give insights into the use of vitamin E to reduce PCB126-mediated toxicity and into the use of zebrafish embryos for exploring mechanisms underlying the oxidative potential of AHR agonists. ..
- Sultmann H, Sato A, Murray B, Takezaki N, Geisler R, Rauch G, et al. Conservation of Mhc class III region synteny between zebrafish and human as determined by radiation hybrid mapping. J Immunol. 2000;165:6984-93 pubmed..This gene assembly presumably represents the pre-MHC: that existed before the class I/II genes arose. The pre-MHC: may not have contained the complement and other class III genes involved in immune response. ..