Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hprt1
Description: hypoxanthine phosphoribosyltransferase 1
Alias: id:ibd1344, id:ibd5108, wu:fc10g09, zgc:56221, zgc:86608, hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase
- Cermenati S, Moleri S, Neyt C, Bresciani E, Carra S, Grassini D, et al. Sox18 genetically interacts with VegfC to regulate lymphangiogenesis in zebrafish. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:1238-47 pubmed publisher..This interaction suggests a previously unappreciated crosstalk between the growth factor and transcription factor pathways that regulate lymphangiogenesis in development and disease. ..
- Schnerwitzki D, Perner B, Hoppe B, Pietsch S, Mehringer R, Hänel F, et al. Alternative splicing of Wilms tumor suppressor 1 (Wt1) exon 4 results in protein isoforms with different functions. Dev Biol. 2014;393:24-32 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, alternative splicing of exon 4 seems to be an early evolutionary event as it is observed in the single wt1 gene of the sturgeon, a species that has not gone through teleost-specific genome duplication. ..
- Tang R, Dodd A, Lai D, McNabb W, Love D. Validation of zebrafish (Danio rerio) reference genes for quantitative real-time RT-PCR normalization. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2007;39:384-90 pubmed..Importantly, the zebrafish GAPDH gene appears unsuitable as reference gene for both types of studies. ..
- Yang J, Chan K. Evaluation of the toxic effects of brominated compounds (BDE-47, 99, 209, TBBPA) and bisphenol A (BPA) using a zebrafish liver cell line, ZFL. Aquat Toxicol. 2015;159:138-47 pubmed publisher..BPA and the brominated compounds tested were able to disrupt the TH system at the gene expression level, probably through the deiodination pathways. ..
- Zhang W, Zhang Y, Zhang H, Wang J, Cui R, Dai J. Sex differences in transcriptional expression of FABPs in zebrafish liver after chronic perfluorononanoic acid exposure. Environ Sci Technol. 2012;46:5175-82 pubmed publisher..The results indicated that PFNA exposure caused opposite adverse effects on liver TG levels between the sexes in zebrafish possibly due to the opposite expression of FABPs and its upstream genes. ..
- Bhumika S, Lemmens K, Vancamp P, Moons L, Darras V. Decreased thyroid hormone signaling accelerates the reinnervation of the optic tectum following optic nerve crush in adult zebrafish. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2015;68:92-102 pubmed publisher..Taken together these data indicate that lowering T3 signaling accelerates OT reinnervation following ON crush in zebrafish and that this is accompanied by a more rapid resolution of the inflammatory response. ..
- Kamstra J, Sales L, AlestrÃ¶m P, Legler J. Differential DNA methylation at conserved non-genic elements and evidence for transgenerational inheritance following developmental exposure to mono(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate and 5-azacytidine in zebrafish. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2017;10:20 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a functional role for DNA methylation on cis-regulatory conserved elements following developmental exposure to compounds. Effects on these regions are potentially transferred to subsequent generations. ..
- Garavito Aguilar Z, Riley H, Yelon D. Hand2 ensures an appropriate environment for cardiac fusion by limiting Fibronectin function. Development. 2010;137:3215-20 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide a novel example of a tissue creating a favorable environment for its morphogenesis: the Hand2 pathway establishes an appropriate environment for cardiac fusion through negative modulation of Fn1 levels. ..
- Danilova N, Bibikova E, Covey T, Nathanson D, Dimitrova E, Konto Y, et al. The role of the DNA damage response in zebrafish and cellular models of Diamond Blackfan anemia. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:895-905 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the rescue of RP-deficient zebrafish with exogenous nucleosides suggests that nucleoside supplements could be beneficial in the treatment of DBA. ..
- Hawliczek A, Nota B, Cenijn P, Kamstra J, Pieterse B, Winter R, et al. Developmental toxicity and endocrine disrupting potency of 4-azapyrene, benzo[b]fluorene and retene in the zebrafish Danio rerio. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;33:213-23 pubmed publisher..Classification analysis revealed distinct gene expression profiles for both individual and combined PAH exposure. This study highlights the potential health risk of non priority PAHs. ..
- Vanhauwaert S, Van Peer G, Rihani A, Janssens E, Rondou P, Lefever S, et al. Expressed repeat elements improve RT-qPCR normalization across a wide range of zebrafish gene expression studies. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e109091 pubmed publisher..Our applied strategy to find and evaluate candidate expressed repeat elements for RT-qPCR data normalization has high potential to be used also for other species. ..
- Hermsen S, Pronk T, van den Brandhof E, Van der Ven L, Piersma A. Concentration-response analysis of differential gene expression in the zebrafish embryotoxicity test following flusilazole exposure. Toxicol Sci. 2012;127:303-12 pubmed publisher..However, the interpretation of differential gene expression in terms of predicting morphological effects is not straightforward and requires further study...
- Houbrechts A, Delarue J, Gabriëls I, Sourbron J, Darras V. Permanent Deiodinase Type 2 Deficiency Strongly Perturbs Zebrafish Development, Growth, and Fertility. Endocrinology. 2016;157:3668-81 pubmed publisher..As the first nonmammalian model with permanent Dio2 deficiency, these mutant zebrafish lines provide evidence that Dio2 is essential to assure normal development and to obtain a normal adult phenotype. ..
- Liu Y, Wang J, Fang X, Zhang H, Dai J. The thyroid-disrupting effects of long-term perfluorononanoate exposure on zebrafish (Danio rerio). Ecotoxicology. 2011;20:47-55 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence for the thyroid-disrupting effects of long-term PFNA exposure in zebrafish. ..
- Bergen D, Stevenson N, Skinner R, Stephens D, Hammond C. The Golgi matrix protein giantin is required for normal cilia function in zebrafish. Biol Open. 2017;6:1180-1189 pubmed publisher..Mutants show milder defects than morphants consistent with adaptation to loss of giantin. ..