Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hoxb5b
Description: homeobox B5b
Alias: ZF-54, ZF54, hoxa5, hoxb5-like, hoxzf54, id:ibd2566, zgc:101134, homeobox protein Hox-B5b, etID309875.12, homeo box B5b, homeobox gene A-5, homeobox gene zf54, homeobox protein Zf-54
- Bruce A, Oates A, Prince V, Ho R. Additional hox clusters in the zebrafish: divergent expression patterns belie equivalent activities of duplicate hoxB5 genes. Evol Dev. 2001;3:127-44 pubmed..address the role of these additional zebrafish hox genes, we have examined the duplicate hoxB5 genes, hoxB5a, and hoxB5b. Conservation of gene duplicates can occur when one gene acquires a new function (neofunctionalization), or when ..
- Chen J, Carney S, Peterson R, Heideman W. Comparative genomics identifies genes mediating cardiotoxicity in the embryonic zebrafish heart. Physiol Genomics. 2008;33:148-58 pubmed publisher..Among the genes rapidly induced by RA was Nr2F5, a member of the COUP-TF family of transcriptional repressors. We found that induction of Nr2F5 was both necessary and sufficient for the cardiotoxic response to RA. ..
- Woltering J, Durston A. The zebrafish hoxDb cluster has been reduced to a single microRNA. Nat Genet. 2006;38:601-2 pubmed
- Crow K, Stadler P, Lynch V, Amemiya C, Wagner G. The "fish-specific" Hox cluster duplication is coincident with the origin of teleosts. Mol Biol Evol. 2006;23:121-36 pubmed..Taken together, these results support the notion that the duplicated Hox genes of teleosts were causally relevant to adaptive evolution during the initial teleost radiation. ..
- Liang D, Jia W, Li J, Li K, Zhao Q. Retinoic acid signaling plays a restrictive role in zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30865 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that RA signaling restricts zebrafish primitive myelopoiesis through acting downstream of gata4/5/6, upstream of, or parallel to, cloche, and upstream of scl. ..
- Davidson A, Ernst P, Wang Y, Dekens M, Kingsley P, Palis J, et al. cdx4 mutants fail to specify blood progenitors and can be rescued by multiple hox genes. Nature. 2003;425:300-6 pubmed..Taken together, these findings demonstrate that cdx4 regulates hox genes and is necessary for the specification of haematopoietic cell fate during vertebrate embryogenesis. ..
- Hortopan G, Baraban S. Aberrant expression of genes necessary for neuronal development and Notch signaling in an epileptic mind bomb zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:1964-76 pubmed publisher..Here, we selected nine of these genes (her4.2, hes5, bhlhb5, hoxa5a, hoxb5b, dmbx1a, dbx1a, nxph1, and plxnd1) and performed a more thorough analysis of expression using conventional ..
- Amores A, Suzuki T, Yan Y, Pomeroy J, Singer A, Amemiya C, et al. Developmental roles of pufferfish Hox clusters and genome evolution in ray-fin fish. Genome Res. 2004;14:1-10 pubmed
- D Aniello E, Rydeen A, Anderson J, Mandal A, Waxman J. Depletion of retinoic acid receptors initiates a novel positive feedback mechanism that promotes teratogenic increases in retinoic acid. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003689 pubmed publisher..Our results support an intriguing novel mechanism by which depletion of RARs elicits a previously unrecognized positive feedback loop that can result in developmental defects due to teratogenic increases in embryonic RA...
- Rydeen A, Voisin N, D Aniello E, Ravisankar P, Devignes C, Waxman J. Excessive feedback of Cyp26a1 promotes cell non-autonomous loss of retinoic acid signaling. Dev Biol. 2015;405:47-55 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results provide novel insights into the teratogenic mechanisms of RA signaling and the cellular mechanisms by which Cyp26a1 expression can shape a RA gradient. ..