Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hif1aa
Description: hypoxia inducible factor 1 subunit alpha a
Alias: hypoxia-inducible factor 1-alpha, HIF1A, Hif1b, hypoxia inducible factor 1, alpha subunit (basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor) a, hypoxia-inducible factor 1 alpha A
- Gao J, Mahapatra C, Mapes C, Khlebnikova M, Wei A, Sepúlveda M. Vascular toxicity of silver nanoparticles to developing zebrafish (Danio rerio). Nanotoxicology. 2016;10:1363-72 pubmed publisher..We propose that PVP-AgNPs temporarily delay embryonic vascular development by interfering with oxygen diffusion into the egg, leading to hypoxic conditions and ER stress. ..
- Vettori A, Greenald D, Wilson G, Peron M, Facchinello N, Markham E, et al. Glucocorticoids promote Von Hippel Lindau degradation and Hif-1? stabilization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:9948-9953 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model for GCs to stabilize HIF through activation of c-src and subsequent destabilization of pVHL. ..
- Lai Y, Lu Y, Lien H, Huang C, Hwang S. Foxa2 and Hif1ab regulate maturation of intestinal goblet cells by modulating agr2 expression in zebrafish embryos. Biochem J. 2016;473:2205-18 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Foxa1 regulates agr2 expression in the pharynx, whereas both Foxa2 and Hif1ab control agr2 expression in intestinal goblet cells to regulate maturation of these cells. ..
- Elks P, Brizee S, van der Vaart M, Walmsley S, van Eeden F, Renshaw S, et al. Hypoxia inducible factor signaling modulates susceptibility to mycobacterial infection via a nitric oxide dependent mechanism. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003789 pubmed publisher..Stabilization of Hif-1Î± therefore represents a potential target for therapeutic intervention against tuberculosis. ..
- Wang Y, Yang L, Zhou K, Zhang Y, Song Z, He S. Evidence for Adaptation to the Tibetan Plateau Inferred from Tibetan Loach Transcriptomes. Genome Biol Evol. 2015;7:2970-82 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study provides new insights into the adaptations and evolution of fishes in the high-altitude environment of the Tibetan Plateau and complements previous findings on the adaptations of mammals and birds to high altitudes. ..
- Huang C, Chen N, Wu X, He Y, Huang C, Liu H, et al. Zebrafish let-7b acts downstream of hypoxia-inducible factor-1? to assist in hypoxia-mediated cell proliferation and cell cycle regulation. Life Sci. 2017;171:21-29 pubmed publisher..We also identified 4 novel potential HIF-1?-regulated miRNAs in zebrafish. ..