Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: her9
Description: hairy-related 9
Alias: wu:fc30a03, zgc:100766, transcription factor HES-4, Hes1a
- Hwang J, Kim H, Seok J, Kim J, Koun S, Park S, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish mind bomb mutant. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;281:77-85 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, it was suggested that the mib ( ta52b ) mutation may affect not only neurogenesis but also mesoderm development. These results provide new insights into Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Vasiliauskas D, Laufer E, Stern C. A role for hairy1 in regulating chick limb bud growth. Dev Biol. 2003;262:94-106 pubmed..We conclude that c-hairy1 regulates the size of the limb, suggesting a role for Notch signaling in the distal mesenchyme. ..
- Dirian L, Galant S, Coolen M, Chen W, Bedu S, Houart C, et al. Spatial regionalization and heterochrony in the formation of adult pallial neural stem cells. Dev Cell. 2014;30:123-36 pubmed publisher..This dual origin of the pallial germinal zone allows the temporally organized building of pallial territories as a patchwork of juxtaposed compartments. ..
- RodrÃguez Fraticelli A, Bagwell J, Bosch Fortea M, Boncompain G, Reglero Real N, GarcÃa LeÃ³n M, et al. Developmental regulation of apical endocytosis controls epithelial patterning in vertebrate tubularÂ organs. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:241-50 pubmed publisher..We thus postulate that differential apical endosomal SNARE sorting is a mechanism that regulates epithelial patterning. ..
- Liu Y, Pathak N, Kramer Zucker A, Drummond I. Notch signaling controls the differentiation of transporting epithelia and multiciliated cells in the zebrafish pronephros. Development. 2007;134:1111-22 pubmed
- Perles Z, Moon S, Ta Shma A, Yaacov B, Francescatto L, Edvardson S, et al. A human laterality disorder caused by a homozygous deleterious mutation in MMP21. J Med Genet. 2015;52:840-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations suggest a role of matrix metalloproteinases in the establishment of asymmetric organ development, likely through the regulation of morphogenetic signals. ..
- Dias T, Yang Y, Ogai K, Becker T, Becker C. Notch signaling controls generation of motor neurons in the lesioned spinal cord of adult zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2012;32:3245-52 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates that Notch is a negative signal for regenerative neurogenesis, and, importantly, that spinal motor neuron regeneration can be augmented in an adult vertebrate by inhibiting Notch signaling. ..
- Zhou M, Yan J, Ma Z, Zhou Y, Abbood N, Liu J, et al. Comparative and evolutionary analysis of the HES/HEY gene family reveal exon/intron loss and teleost specific duplication events. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40649 pubmed publisher..This study shows a model of gene family analysis with gene structure evolution and duplication. ..
- Zaucker A, Mercurio S, Sternheim N, Talbot W, Marlow F. notch3 is essential for oligodendrocyte development and vascular integrity in zebrafish. Dis Model Mech. 2013;6:1246-59 pubmed publisher..Our analysis of zebrafish notch3 mutants indicates that Notch3 regulates OPC development and mbp gene expression in larvae, and maintains vascular integrity in adults...
- Leucht C, Stigloher C, Wizenmann A, Klafke R, Folchert A, Bally Cuif L. MicroRNA-9 directs late organizer activity of the midbrain-hindbrain boundary. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:641-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings highlight a previously unknown mechanism by which a single microRNA fine-tunes late MHB coherence via its co-regulation of patterning activities and neurogenesis...
- Galant S, Furlan G, Coolen M, Dirian L, Foucher I, Bally Cuif L. Embryonic origin and lineage hierarchies of the neural progenitor subtypes building the zebrafish adult midbrain. Dev Biol. 2016;420:120-135 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that these features are reminiscent of the neurogenic sequence and embryonic origin of the her9-positive progenitor NE pool involved in the construction of the lateral pallium at post-embryonic stages...
- Pillay L, Mackowetzky K, Widen S, Waskiewicz A. Somite-Derived Retinoic Acid Regulates Zebrafish Hematopoietic Stem Cell Formation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166040 pubmed publisher..Our analyses demonstrate that somite-derived RA functions to regulate components of the Notch and Cxcl12 chemokine signaling pathways during HSC formation. ..
- Wei Y, Ma D, Gao Y, Zhang C, Wang L, Liu F. Ncor2 is required for hematopoietic stem cell emergence by inhibiting Fos signaling in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;124:1578-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings identify a novel regulatory mechanism for Ncor2 through Fos-Vegfd-Notch signaling cascade during HSC development in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Chen X, Gays D, Milia C, Santoro M. Cilia Control Vascular Mural Cell Recruitment in Vertebrates. Cell Rep. 2017;18:1033-1047 pubmed publisher..In summary, we have identified a hemodynamic-dependent mechanism in the developing vasculature that controls vMC recruitment. ..
- Terriente J, Gerety S, Watanabe Asaka T, Gonzalez Quevedo R, Wilkinson D. Signalling from hindbrain boundaries regulates neuronal clustering that patterns neurogenesis. Development. 2012;139:2978-87 pubmed publisher..Sema3 signalling from boundaries thus links hindbrain segmentation to the positioning of fgf20a-expressing neurons that regulates neurogenesis. ..
- Norton W, Mangoli M, Lele Z, Pogoda H, Diamond B, Mercurio S, et al. Monorail/Foxa2 regulates floorplate differentiation and specification of oligodendrocytes, serotonergic raphé neurones and cranial motoneurones. Development. 2005;132:645-58 pubmed
- Yamamoto M, Morita R, Mizoguchi T, Matsuo H, Isoda M, Ishitani T, et al. Mib-Jag1-Notch signalling regulates patterning and structural roles of the notochord by controlling cell-fate decisions. Development. 2010;137:2527-37 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a previously unrecognized mechanism regulating the patterning and structural roles of the notochord by Mib-Jag1-Notch signalling-mediated cell-fate determination. ..
- Minguillon C, Jimenez Delgado S, Panopoulou G, Garcia Fernandez J. The amphioxus Hairy family: differential fate after duplication. Development. 2003;130:5903-14 pubmed..Amphioxus may resemble the ancestor of the vertebrates, but it is not the ancestor, only its closest living relative, a privileged position that should not assume the freezing of its genome...
- Rodriguez Viales R, Diotel N, Ferg M, Armant O, Eich J, Alunni A, et al. The helix-loop-helix protein id1 controls stem cell proliferation during regenerative neurogenesis in the adult zebrafish telencephalon. Stem Cells. 2015;33:892-903 pubmed publisher..Together, we propose that Id1 acts to maintain the neural stem cell pool by counteracting neurogenesis-promoting signals. ..
- Radosevic M, Robert Moreno A, Coolen M, Bally Cuif L, Alsina B. Her9 represses neurogenic fate downstream of Tbx1 and retinoic acid signaling in the inner ear. Development. 2011;138:397-408 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, their role in the spatial control of neurogenesis in the ear is unknown. In this study, we identify her9, a zebrafish ortholog of Hes1, as a key gene in regulating otic neurogenesis through the definition of the ..
- Felber K, Elks P, Lecca M, Roehl H. Expression of osterix Is Regulated by FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signalling during Osteoblast Differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0144982 pubmed publisher..Based upon these data, we propose that FGF and Wnt/Î²-Catenin pathways act in part by directing transcription of osx to promote osteoblast differentiation at sites of bone formation. ..