Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: her6
Description: hairy-related 6
Alias: HER-6, cb129, transcription factor HES-1, Hes1b
- Campbell W, Yang H, Zetterberg H, Baulac S, Sears J, Liu T, et al. Zebrafish lacking Alzheimer presenilin enhancer 2 (Pen-2) demonstrate excessive p53-dependent apoptosis and neuronal loss. J Neurochem. 2006;96:1423-40 pubmed
- Takke C, Dornseifer P, v Weizsäcker E, Campos Ortega J. her4, a zebrafish homologue of the Drosophila neurogenic gene E(spl), is a target of NOTCH signalling. Development. 1999;126:1811-21 pubmed..These results suggest that her4 acts as a target of notch-mediated signals that regulate primary neurogenesis. ..
- Chen Y, Lu Y, Ko T, Tsai M, Lin C, Lin C, et al. Zebrafish cdx1b regulates differentiation of various intestinal cell lineages. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1021-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that zebrafish cdx1b plays important roles in regulating intestinal cell proliferation and the differentiation of various intestinal cell lineages. ..
- Ninkovic J, Tallafuss A, Leucht C, Topczewski J, Tannhäuser B, Solnica Krezel L, et al. Inhibition of neurogenesis at the zebrafish midbrain-hindbrain boundary by the combined and dose-dependent activity of a new hairy/E(spl) gene pair. Development. 2005;132:75-88 pubmed..We propose a molecular mechanism for this process where the global 'Him+Her5' activity inhibits ngn1 expression in a dose-dependent manner and through different sensitivity thresholds along the medio-lateral axis of the neural plate. ..
- Hwang J, Kim H, Seok J, Kim J, Koun S, Park S, et al. Transcriptome analysis of the zebrafish mind bomb mutant. Mol Genet Genomics. 2009;281:77-85 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, it was suggested that the mib ( ta52b ) mutation may affect not only neurogenesis but also mesoderm development. These results provide new insights into Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Bertrand J, Cisson J, Stachura D, Traver D. Notch signaling distinguishes 2 waves of definitive hematopoiesis in the zebrafish embryo. Blood. 2010;115:2777-83 pubmed publisher..These studies establish that HSCs are the only hematopoietic precursor that requires Notch signaling and help to clarify the signaling events underlying the specification of the 2 distinct waves of definitive hematopoiesis. ..
- Blackburn J, Liu S, Raiser D, Martinez S, Feng H, Meeker N, et al. Notch signaling expands a pre-malignant pool of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia clones without affecting leukemia-propagating cell frequency. Leukemia. 2012;26:2069-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that a primary role of Notch signaling in T-ALL is to expand a population of pre-malignant thymocytes, of which a subset acquire the necessary mutations to become fully transformed LPCs. ..
- Minguillon C, Jimenez Delgado S, Panopoulou G, Garcia Fernandez J. The amphioxus Hairy family: differential fate after duplication. Development. 2003;130:5903-14 pubmed..Amphioxus may resemble the ancestor of the vertebrates, but it is not the ancestor, only its closest living relative, a privileged position that should not assume the freezing of its genome...
- Hozumi S, Hirabayashi R, Yoshizawa A, Ogata M, Ishitani T, Tsutsumi M, et al. DEAD-box protein Ddx46 is required for the development of the digestive organs and brain in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33675 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results suggest a model in which zebrafish Ddx46 is required for the development of the digestive organs and brain, possibly through the control of pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Pillay L, Mackowetzky K, Widen S, Waskiewicz A. Somite-Derived Retinoic Acid Regulates Zebrafish Hematopoietic Stem Cell Formation. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0166040 pubmed publisher..Our analyses demonstrate that somite-derived RA functions to regulate components of the Notch and Cxcl12 chemokine signaling pathways during HSC formation. ..
- Gulati Leekha A, Goldman D. A reporter-assisted mutagenesis screen using alpha 1-tubulin-GFP transgenic zebrafish uncovers missteps during neuronal development and axonogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;296:29-47 pubmed..Molecular identification of these loci and analysis of the remaining mutational repertoire will offer unique insights into the genetic inputs that go on to make a mature, differentiated neuron. ..
- Münch J, González Rajal A, de la Pompa J. Notch regulates blastema proliferation and prevents differentiation during adult zebrafish fin regeneration. Development. 2013;140:1402-11 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Notch signalling maintains blastema cells in a plastic, undifferentiated and proliferative state, an essential requirement for fin regeneration. ..
- Chiang I, Fritzsche M, Pichol Thievend C, Neal A, Holmes K, Lagendijk A, et al. SoxF factors induce Notch1 expression via direct transcriptional regulation during early arterial development. Development. 2017;144:2629-2639 pubmed publisher..These findings position SoxF transcription factors directly upstream of Notch receptor expression during the acquisition of arterial identity in vertebrates. ..
- Tang V, COFER Z, Cui S, Sapp V, Loomes K, Matthews R. Loss of a Candidate Biliary Atresia Susceptibility Gene, add3a, Causes Biliary Developmental Defects in Zebrafish. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2016;63:524-530 pubmed..Our results support previous studies identifying ADD3 as a putative genetic risk factor for BA susceptibility. Our results also provide evidence that add3a may be affecting the Hh pathway, an important factor in BA pathogenesis. ..
- Wei Y, Ma D, Gao Y, Zhang C, Wang L, Liu F. Ncor2 is required for hematopoietic stem cell emergence by inhibiting Fos signaling in zebrafish. Blood. 2014;124:1578-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings identify a novel regulatory mechanism for Ncor2 through Fos-Vegfd-Notch signaling cascade during HSC development in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Coolen M, Thieffry D, Drivenes Ø, Becker T, Bally Cuif L. miR-9 controls the timing of neurogenesis through the direct inhibition of antagonistic factors. Dev Cell. 2012;22:1052-64 pubmed publisher..Target protection analyses in vivo identify the progenitor-promoting genes her6 and zic5 and the cell-cycle exit-promoting gene elavl3/HuC as sequential targets of miR-9 as neurogenesis proceeds...
- Zhou T, Wang L, Zhu K, Dong M, Xu P, Chen Y, et al. Dominant-negative C/ebp? and polycomb group protein Bmi1 extend short-lived hematopoietic stem/progenitor cell life span and induce lethal dyserythropoiesis. Blood. 2011;118:3842-52 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that Bmi1 acts immediately downstream of C/ebp?DN to regulate the survival and self-renewal of HSPCs and contribute to the erythropoietic dysplasia. ..
- Li I, Chan C, Lu Y, Wu Y, Chen Y, Li G, et al. Zebrafish krüppel-like factor 4a represses intestinal cell proliferation and promotes differentiation of intestinal cell lineages. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20974 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the regulation of differentiation of goblet cells in zebrafish intestine by Notch signaling at least partially mediated through Klf4a. ..
- Liu J, Sun Y, Wang N, Wang Y, Zhu Z. Cloning, characterization and promoter analysis of common carp hairy/Enhancer-of-split-related gene, her6. J Genet. 2006;85:171-8 pubmed..In fishes, the her6 gene, a member of the HES family, is the homologue of hes1 in mammals and chicken...
- RodrÃguez Fraticelli A, Bagwell J, Bosch Fortea M, Boncompain G, Reglero Real N, GarcÃa LeÃ³n M, et al. Developmental regulation of apical endocytosis controls epithelial patterning in vertebrate tubularÂ organs. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:241-50 pubmed publisher..We thus postulate that differential apical endosomal SNARE sorting is a mechanism that regulates epithelial patterning. ..
- Yang T, Arslanova D, Xu X, Li Y, Xia W. In vivo manifestation of Notch related phenotypes in zebrafish treated with Alzheimer's amyloid reducing gamma-secretase inhibitors. J Neurochem. 2010;113:1200-9 pubmed publisher..In accordance, in situ hybridization with a probe against Notch target gene her6 showed a weaker staining in embryos treated with 10 microM GSI 18 than those treated with 10 microM GSI A...
- Rodriguez Viales R, Diotel N, Ferg M, Armant O, Eich J, Alunni A, et al. The helix-loop-helix protein id1 controls stem cell proliferation during regenerative neurogenesis in the adult zebrafish telencephalon. Stem Cells. 2015;33:892-903 pubmed publisher..Together, we propose that Id1 acts to maintain the neural stem cell pool by counteracting neurogenesis-promoting signals. ..
- Schebesta M, Lien C, Engel F, Keating M. Transcriptional profiling of caudal fin regeneration in zebrafish. ScientificWorldJournal. 2006;6 Suppl 1:38-54 pubmed..expressed during regeneration, and (3) in situ hybridization of the up-regulated genes bambi, dlx5A, and her6. Moreover, we show that Smad 1/5/8 proteins, effector molecules of Bmp signaling, are phosphorylated during fin ..
- Anelli V, Villefranc J, Chhangawala S, Martinez McFaline R, Riva E, Nguyen A, et al. Oncogenic BRAF disrupts thyroid morphogenesis and function via twist expression. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..These data suggest that expression of TWIST2 plays a role in an early step of BRAFV600E-mediated transformation. ..
- Stephens W, Senecal M, Nguyen M, Piotrowski T. Loss of adenomatous polyposis coli (apc) results in an expanded ciliary marginal zone in the zebrafish eye. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2066-77 pubmed publisher..Our results introduce the zebrafish apc mutation as a new model to study signaling pathways regulating the CMZ. ..
- Yoshizawa A, Nakahara Y, Izawa T, Ishitani T, Tsutsumi M, Kuroiwa A, et al. Zebrafish Dmrta2 regulates neurogenesis in the telencephalon. Genes Cells. 2011;16:1097-109 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the telencephalic expression of her6, a Hes-related gene that is known to encode a negative regulator of neurogenin1, expands dramatically in the ha2 ..
- Bugeon L, Taylor H, Progatzky F, Lin M, Ellis C, Welsh N, et al. The NOTCH pathway contributes to cell fate decision in myelopoiesis. Haematologica. 2011;96:1753-60 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that defects in Notch signaling affect definitive hematopoiesis, altering myelopoiesis from the early stages of development into the adult. ..
- Gajewski M, Sieger D, Alt B, Leve C, Hans S, Wolff C, et al. Anterior and posterior waves of cyclic her1 gene expression are differentially regulated in the presomitic mesoderm of zebrafish. Development. 2003;130:4269-78 pubmed..In contrast to the mRNA, GFP protein is stable and we find that all somitic cells express the protein, proving that her1 mRNA is transiently expressed in all cells of the PSM. ..
- Scholpp S, Delogu A, Gilthorpe J, Peukert D, Schindler S, Lumsden A. Her6 regulates the neurogenetic gradient and neuronal identity in the thalamus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:19895-900 pubmed publisher..thalamus and show that the progression of neurogenesis is controlled by dynamic expression of the bHLH repressor her6. Members of the Hes/Her family are known to regulate proneural genes, such as Neurogenin and Ascl...
- Zhou M, Yan J, Ma Z, Zhou Y, Abbood N, Liu J, et al. Comparative and evolutionary analysis of the HES/HEY gene family reveal exon/intron loss and teleost specific duplication events. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40649 pubmed publisher..This study shows a model of gene family analysis with gene structure evolution and duplication. ..
- Yao S, Cheng M, Zhang Q, Wasik M, Kelsh R, Winkler C. Anaplastic lymphoma kinase is required for neurogenesis in the developing central nervous system of zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63757 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that tightly controlled alk expression is critical for the balance between neural progenitor proliferation, differentiation and survival during embryonic neurogenesis...
- Perles Z, Moon S, Ta Shma A, Yaacov B, Francescatto L, Edvardson S, et al. A human laterality disorder caused by a homozygous deleterious mutation in MMP21. J Med Genet. 2015;52:840-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these observations suggest a role of matrix metalloproteinases in the establishment of asymmetric organ development, likely through the regulation of morphogenetic signals. ..
- Aizawa H, Goto M, Sato T, Okamoto H. Temporally regulated asymmetric neurogenesis causes left-right difference in the zebrafish habenular structures. Dev Cell. 2007;12:87-98 pubmed..Genetic hyperactivation and repression of Notch signaling revealed that differential timing determines both specificity and asymmetry in the neurogenesis of neural precursors for the habenular subnuclei. ..
- Banote R, Edling M, Eliassen F, Kettunen P, Zetterberg H, Abramsson A. ?-Amyloid precursor protein-b is essential for Mauthner cell development in the zebrafish in a Notch-dependent manner. Dev Biol. 2016;413:26-38 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Appb-regulated neurogenesis is mediated through balancing the Notch1a signaling pathway and provide new insights into the development of the Mauthner cell. ..
- Jacob J, Ribes V, Moore S, Constable S, Sasai N, Gerety S, et al. Valproic acid silencing of ascl1b/Ascl1 results in the failure of serotonergic differentiation in a zebrafish model of fetal valproate syndrome. Dis Model Mech. 2014;7:107-17 pubmed publisher..Together, these data provide a molecular explanation for serotonergic defects in FVS and highlight an epigenetic mechanism for genome-environment interaction in disease. ..
- Dirian L, Galant S, Coolen M, Chen W, Bedu S, Houart C, et al. Spatial regionalization and heterochrony in the formation of adult pallial neural stem cells. Dev Cell. 2014;30:123-36 pubmed publisher..This dual origin of the pallial germinal zone allows the temporally organized building of pallial territories as a patchwork of juxtaposed compartments. ..
- Bresciani E, Confalonieri S, Cermenati S, Cimbro S, Foglia E, Beltrame M, et al. Zebrafish numb and numblike are involved in primitive erythrocyte differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e14296 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we found that, at least in part, the nb/nbl morphant phenotype is due to enhanced Notch activation within hematopoietic districts, which in turn results in primitive erythroid differentiation defects. ..
- Kjaer Sorensen K, Engholm D, Jepsen M, Morch M, Weyer K, Hefting L, et al. Papp-a2 modulates development of cranial cartilage and angiogenesis in zebrafish embryos. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:5027-37 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data link pappalysin function in zebrafish to two different signaling pathways outside the IGF system. ..
- Yang J, Chan C, Jiang B, Yu X, Zhu G, Chen Y, et al. hnRNP I inhibits Notch signaling and regulates intestinal epithelial homeostasis in the zebrafish. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000363 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that hnRNP I is an evolutionarily conserved Notch inhibitor and plays an essential role in intestinal homeostasis. ..
- Arslanova D, Yang T, Xu X, Wong S, Augelli Szafran C, Xia W. Phenotypic analysis of images of zebrafish treated with Alzheimer's gamma-secretase inhibitors. BMC Biotechnol. 2010;10:24 pubmed publisher..The expression levels of Notch target gene her6 were also measured by in situ hybridization and the co-relationship between the levels of Notch inhibition by DAPT ..
- Sato T, Sato F, Kamezaki A, Sakaguchi K, Tanigome R, Kawakami K, et al. Neuregulin 1 Type II-ErbB Signaling Promotes Cell Divisions Generating Neurons from Neural Progenitor Cells in the Developing Zebrafish Brain. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0127360 pubmed publisher..From these results, we propose that NRG1-ErbB signaling stimulates cell divisions generating neurons from neural progenitor cells in the developing vertebrate brain. ..
- Pascoal S, Esteves de Lima J, Leslie J, Hughes S, Saude L. Notch signalling is required for the formation of structurally stable muscle fibres in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68021 pubmed publisher..We propose that by controlling the differentiation of myogenic progenitor cells, Notch signalling might secure the formation of structurally stable muscle fibres in the zebrafish pectoral fin. ..
- Lickwar C, Camp J, Weiser M, Cocchiaro J, Kingsley D, Furey T, et al. Genomic dissection of conserved transcriptional regulation in intestinal epithelial cells. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002054 pubmed publisher..rare, highly sequence-conserved, IEC-specific regulatory regions, we discovered an ancient enhancer upstream from her6/HES1 that is active in a distinct population of Notch-positive cells in the intestinal epithelium...