Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: hdc
Description: histidine decarboxylase
Alias: histidine decarboxylase
- Podlasz P, Sallinen V, Chen Y, Kudo H, Fedorowska N, Panula P. Galanin gene expression and effects of its knock-down on the development of the nervous system in larval zebrafish. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:3846-62 pubmed publisher..knockdown did not alter the expression of tyrosine hydroxylases 1 and 2, choline acetyltransferase, histidine decarboxylase, or orexin mRNA...
- Chen Y, Sundvik M, Rozov S, Priyadarshini M, Panula P. MANF regulates dopaminergic neuron development in larval zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2012;370:237-49 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, manf mRNA could partly restore the decrease of th1 positive cells in Nr4a2-deficient larvae. These results suggest that MANF is involved in the regulation of the development of dopaminergic system in zebrafish. ..
- Norton W, Stumpenhorst K, Faus Kessler T, Folchert A, Rohner N, Harris M, et al. Modulation of Fgfr1a signaling in zebrafish reveals a genetic basis for the aggression-boldness syndrome. J Neurosci. 2011;31:13796-807 pubmed publisher..Together, we show that a single genetic locus can underlie the aggression-boldness behavioral syndrome. We also identify one of the neurotransmitter pathways that may mediate clustering of these behaviors. ..
- Lin C, Taggart A, Lim K, Cygan K, Ferraris L, Creton R, et al. RNA structure replaces the need for U2AF2 in splicing. Genome Res. 2016;26:12-23 pubmed publisher..While largely lost from land dwelling vertebrates, this class of introns is found in 10% of all zebrafish genes. ..
- Yokogawa T, Marin W, Faraco J, Pezeron G, Appelbaum L, Zhang J, et al. Characterization of sleep in zebrafish and insomnia in hypocretin receptor mutants. PLoS Biol. 2007;5:e277 pubmed..Our study validates the use of zebrafish for the study of sleep and indicates molecular diversity in sleep regulatory networks across vertebrates. ..
- Puttonen H, Semenova S, Sundvik M, Panula P. Storage of neural histamine and histaminergic neurotransmission is VMAT2 dependent in the zebrafish. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3060 pubmed publisher..Our results also reveal potential new insights about the roles of monoaminergic neurotransmitters in the regulation of locomotion increase during adaptation to darkness. ..